Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Vha.Chat and Vha.Net released

Funcom employee

I'll consider it when I have some time to kill.
    There's a few more important features I want in first though.
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

would it be at all possible to rename the executable file to something besides "vha.chat"? I know its not a problem for me, but when downloaded on windows, it thinks its a .chat file and there for cant be run without renaming it with a .exe extension. for the less computer saavy, it may help to rename the downloadable file to something not ending with .chat? just my 2 cents.

A+ on the program though. I use it all the time.
    Dbkeeper - Dbtwohe - Dbtech

www.legendsrk.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    The Leet works quite well, running it on an SIII.
    I have gotten a few "The Leet has Closed".
    Not looked for anything log wise, and it's become unresponsive once or twice.

Other than that, it's pretty damned good.
    Freqflyerdnt (Fix) - Codney (MP) - Fiddlybit (Crat) - Breaker117 (Enfo) - Spasticdent (NT) - Fiveof9 (Keeper) - Maleshai (Advy) - Tacitblue (Shade)

Squad Commander of Ab aeterno animus liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy
    clearly, it's all because arbalest is clan-only. all the omnis pvpers went clan for arbalest and all the omni pvmers went clan for the 35% xp buff so now the ratio of clan to omni is 9:1 herp derp clan favouritism herp derp devs are clan.

Quote Originally Posted by 1upnate View Post
    would it be at all possible to rename the executable file to something besides "vha.chat"? I know its not a problem for me, but when downloaded on windows, it thinks its a .chat file and there for cant be run without renaming it with a .exe extension. for the less computer saavy, it may help to rename the downloadable file to something not ending with .chat? just my 2 cents.

A+ on the program though. I use it all the time.
    Common mistake on Windows.
    Since, XP if I recall, it hides the extension(.exe, .bat, .com, etc), for files known and understood by Windows.
    So though you only see vha.chat it is actually vha.chat.exe
    To turn this feature off, go to the Tools menu(in windows explorer. by opening up My Computer), Folder Options, View tab and remove the tick next to Hide Extensions for known file types

Plus using the setup kit, shouldn't have any issues...

Vhab

I've had vchat crash on me a couple of times, opening up multiple windows from !items and then viewing them in Xyphos/Auno.
    If it happens again, I will grab logs and post them(assuming these crashes are logged)
    Last edited by Freqflyerdnt; Apr 10th, 2013 at 15:09:21.
    Freqflyerdnt (Fix) - Codney (MP) - Fiddlybit (Crat) - Breaker117 (Enfo) - Spasticdent (NT) - Fiveof9 (Keeper) - Maleshai (Advy) - Tacitblue (Shade)

clearly, it's all because arbalest is clan-only. all the omnis pvpers went clan for arbalest and all the omni pvmers went clan for the 35% xp buff so now the ratio of clan to omni is 9:1 herp derp clan favouritism herp derp devs are clan.

Funcom employee

Yep, most errors are logged.

In certain cases the client may be unable to log the error.
    To be safe, if presented with a dialog that provides info on the crash, take a screenshot (possibly hit 'details' or something similar first to get additional information).

I've been having trouble replicating this issue myself, which leads me to believe it's somewhat timing related.
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

Cool will scratch out the log and have a peek. If it's way too much greek to me I'll pass it on.

Hey Vhab! I got a 1.3.3.328 Vhab.Chat, it's have one thing i don't like =( I'm clicking on the links, it's going to xyphos and some java error there, something like it's unable set a ql of item.
    Hatebreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitecoma View Post
    Hey Vhab! I got a 1.3.3.328 Vhab.Chat, it's have one thing i don't like =( I'm clicking on the links, it's going to xyphos and some java error there, something like it's unable set a ql of item.
    That would be an error in Xyphos' site...
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Xyphos did some changes to the quick search function a while back, I had done a working quick dirty one that worked in all browsers and so, then he changed it totally, and probably didn't check cross browser compatibility
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

I'm not sure if you're still supporting this project, but I would love an option to notify when a certain word is found. E.g., if I'm looking for lootrights on a BoC, I could set it up to ping me when the word "Burden" is found.

I've been using Vha.Chat again, recently.

Noticed two things, only one of which could be considered an "issue".
    This being whenever I click on an Item link in chat and the browser window opens up, I get a script error window.
    Same error regardless of Item.

http://i.imgur.com/BZ8WxdD.jpg

And then secondly, not a biggy just a quality of life thing. If you fail to connect after trying to authenticate, there is no button on the notification window. you have click close it.
    Just a slight annoyance.

The script error on AOItems should be fixed now.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

fank Demoder

Hi guys, looks like xyphos.com completely down, so i can't see items in vhab.chat. Need emergency fix Thanks
    Hatebreed!

Please, can someone who can programming, make it with aoitems.com instead of xyphos.com?
    Hatebreed!

VChat has the option to choose between Xyphos or AOItems as I recall. Just need to check app settings.

can't find that option =( Have 1.3.3.328 maybe theres another version with that option?
    Hatebreed!

can't find that option =( Have 1.3.3.328 maybe theres another version with that option?
    No. I don't see any such option in the code. I've recompiled it with AoItems instead of Xyphos. You can get it here:

https://bitbucket.org/Llie/vha.chat/downloads
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

Thank you so much
    Hatebreed!

You're welcome very much.

I'm glad it works.
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast