Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What Are We, Exactly? (Traders & Item Shop)

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    This has been said over and over in every equal thread: They will not be usable for anything but twinking
    For anything but PLAYING. Buy a portable 131 wrangle machine and POOOOOF every time you want to buff up you have 131 points of skill more so you can go NR1 any day or be just around 25 levels ahead (25*5) of other guys who didnt want to spend their money ...

New era is coming, era of paying customers who are players of 2nd category and I dont like it. I dont like it so much that it may be the day when i finally decide to give it up.

XP stims, even levels ... okay, but not buffs ...
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    For anything but PLAYING. Buy a portable 131 wrangle machine and POOOOOF every time you want to buff up you have 131 points of skill more so you can go NR1 any day or be just around 25 levels ahead (25*5) of other guys who didnt want to spend their money ...
    One of the patterns I see with the re-balancing, is that all buff nanos last for hours.
    With that kind of buff duration, it would definitely be more viable to roll a froob trader, or hunt down some trader for that buff, so you can rebuff. Or pay real money for a non-combat buff cause you're rich and lazy. I don't see the problem with this. It doesn't add anything new; It's just for convenience. If you want to spend real money every time you want to buff up, go ahead.
    Last edited by Demoder; Nov 16th, 2010 at 10:45:41.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

So froobs will be able to enter SL and AI content after balancing and wrangles will last hours? Those are some nice changes in fact. BTW this shop is told to be implemented within next patch. When balancing will come im not sure but if balancing forum is over 1 year old and so far we have only 4 or 5 documents with proposed changes than my guess would be around 2015.
    Last edited by Ciekafsky; Nov 16th, 2010 at 10:47:27.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

So froobs will be able to enter SL and AI content after balancing and wrangles will last hours? That are some nice changes in fact.
    Please read.
    The one who perked NR would buff up with buffs which last for hours.
    If your buffs last for 2+ hours, it's not a huge inconvenience to run to RK, get wrangle, rebuff, and run back. Provided you can find a trader (your own froob alt?), it shouldn't take more than 5 mins to run back and forth. Definitely worth it for several hours in that setup.

So in the end, those IRL money would save you up to 5 mins.
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Professions like shades and keepers already have buffs that last 4 hours and in general they dont leave teams to go from sl to rka to buff up as it isnt guaranteed that you find this trader/mp or whatever unless you have your own. And what if this portable wrangles are usable inside battlestations? Am i supposed to have portable neutral traders of any BS range and just sign up dual logged? What if BS queue is to long and I get inside with only one toon? Will there be drain pets near spawn point so I can drain myself? How will duel look like; 1 opoonent uses his magic wrangle pill and buffs up while the other says “brb I need to find a trader/mp” or just uses lower ql buffs?
    Last edited by Ciekafsky; Nov 16th, 2010 at 11:08:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    I don't think anyone actually reads anything on this forum, they just come in, get an impression from skimming, then post something angry in every other thread and leave, never to return and see whether anyone might have replied to their post or not.
    I love you Masta.

Really.

Professions like shades and keepers already have buffs that last 4 hours and in general they dont leave teams to go from sl to rka to buff up as it isnt guaranteed that you find this trader/mp or whatever unless you have your own. And what if this portable wrangles are usable inside battlestations? Am i supposed to have portable neutral traders of any BS range and just sign up dual logged? What if BS queue is to long and I get inside with only one toon? Will there be drain pets near spawn point so I can drain myself? How will duel look like; 1 opoonent uses his magic wrangle pill and buffs up while the other says “brb I need to find a trader/mp” or just uses lower ql buffs?
    Since it's only to be used for twinking and one of the primary suggestions for handling this as we discussed it the other day on IRC was that buff cans prevent you from fighting and wipe your NCU when you're done with them. So, if that's implemented you won't be using these to buff up your NR 1 toons, and it's easy enough to put a "not in BS" label on something as that already exists.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Ok and you think doctors will still be around after SFA is in pill form for 50pp a stack of 50? I was just talking about this in game the other day about how I remember being level 40ish just entering tir county and getting hit with 10+ team invites for totw. Now on alts I have yet to get team invite spam at all.

Only times I get team invite spam on copper nowadays is for an IC and SFA... TY for helping me feel less needed now more than ever.

At least traders can solo faster, and tradeskill. But cheers for taking a stand... and cheers to AO forum mods for not axing the discontent by closing the thread. It helps prove things are not one-way.
    Copperneedle 207 doc Ex-president Whisper's Edge
    -others on RK1 CLAN!-

New Perma-Resident to Test Live

Binarybits 220/26/70 President of :
    Loyal order of the Guinea pig

Quote Originally Posted by copperneedle View Post
    Ok and you think doctors will still be around after SFA is in pill form for 50pp a stack of 50? I was just talking about this in game the other day about how I remember being level 40ish just entering tir county and getting hit with 10+ team invites for totw. Now on alts I have yet to get team invite spam at all.

Only times I get team invite spam on copper nowadays is for an IC and SFA... TY for helping me feel less needed now more than ever.

At least traders can solo faster, and tradeskill. But cheers for taking a stand... and cheers to AO forum mods for not axing the discontent by closing the thread. It helps prove things are not one-way.
    ... what?
    So.. someone asking for IC/SFA to twink something is considered a team invite now?
    Again, what?

Go read the earlier statements about "it will not be usable for anything but twinking".

Edit: Where did you get "50pp"from? Do you have inside information or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    We're not interested in these items being used in a combat situation in any fashion or form, and will be taking steps to prevent that before they go on sale in the store. =)
    You're missing the whole point Kintaii (and so are a few others).

This isn't about whether or not a buff can is able to be used in combat or not.

This is about trivialising some of the defining features of various professions into nothing, packaging it up and slamming it in a can for sale.

A key part of this game, particularly twinking, is a process whereby a lot of planning must be made, and also ensuring that when you get to the point where you are about to make a major change, you have all the correct equipment and support professions ready for when you kick into gear. It is one of the most exciting and fulfilling points of the game when it all comes together... it's a team effort.

I can think of particular twinking scenarios that take a great deal of timing and coordination, such as buffing required to get a 6-slot belt on a 14 trader etc... it's damn exciting bringing that all together.

You are now removing the community approach to this game by making a single toon a one-stop shop for all their twinking needs.... a totally isolationist approach. Stop fracturing the community more than it is already.

But let's go back to the buff cans. If the server populations as a whole were a lot higher than they are, I daresay these items wouldn't have been considered. What you are doing is changing 9 years of profession defining differences, because of non-gameplaying related issues (low population).

I have issue with only 2 shop items... the buff cans and the selling of VP. The rest of the shop stuff looks good(ish).
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Quote Originally Posted by copperneedle View Post

honestly who is going to buy a IC/SFA buffcan when its so freaking easy to find a doc for those buffs i only see wrangles and comp nano buffs and probably behe to be the big buys.

But really buying IC and SFA in a can just is not needed at all lol and if they do i doubt it'll effect us as much as you are saying it will :P
    Dochollie 220 Opifex Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Zeephonz View Post
    This isn't about whether or not a buff can is able to be used in combat or not.

This is about trivialising some of the defining features of various professions into nothing, packaging it up and slamming it in a can for sale.
    And that is exactly how I feel. Zeephonz said it far better than I probably could.

Quote Originally Posted by crude4gone View Post
    ITs not like traders are the only ones losing some of their uniqueness.

Everyone will be able to check both bank and GMS from wherever.

You can get an item that will meep you into grid. Already theres an item that sort of lets you bypass fixers for fgrid.
    Wow really?

I knew things are going sour but this is just horrible.....

This is bad...

Please, devs, don't screw up the game like that.

Give enfos AS but don't do this, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234