Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: More Neutral Hate from a Dev Team that Doesn't Care?

To resume your statements :

1. Demoder Omni say "Neutral, Omni and Clan are factions."
    2. Mastablasta Clan say "neutral is not a faction, it's just someone who isn't clan or omni. That's all."

So neutral is a faction, and not a faction ?

Quote Originally Posted by Edta View Post
    Off topic: to the people that want to take stuff away from neutrals:
    No one wants to take away from neutral, it's just that if they want the same exact benefits via tokenboard they need to give up their neutral bonuses to obtain it.

Why should they gain more than anyone else?
    Last edited by notcrattey; Nov 15th, 2010 at 04:07:17.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Well, it's the same old things. Neutrals don't understand that there's no such thing as a 3rd faction in the neutrals. Clans are many bodies under one banner with one purpose, omni are one body. Neutrals are many bodies without a common purpose. Neutrals are not bound together by any ideology or goal, each neutral organisation, company and character is individual or alligned to some of the others. Neutral is simply someone who isn't clan and isn't omni and who doesn't take part in their conflict under the banner of either side.
    Based on your style I think a neutral can say back to you :

Well it is the same old thing, Clans and Omni dont understand that is no such thing as a freedom in the clans and omnis. Clans are a totalitarism form of ideology, under one banner without consideration for individual purpose, omnis are the same. Neutrals do not impose the totalitarism that dont have much consideration of the individual purposes. Neutrals are free of their ideology and goal, each neutrals organization, company and character have a right of themself, linked by friendship and equality relation and not by hierachy forms. Neutral is especially who is not clan and is not omni and who keep a distance from the conflict of fanatism of clan and omni.

Now neutral is look like a democracy... hmm even more... maybe it is an anarchy form.
    Last edited by huckleberry; Nov 15th, 2010 at 04:49:21.

Quote Originally Posted by huckleberry View Post
    Clans are a totalitarism form of ideology, under one banner without consideration for individual purpose
    actually i think you're wrong, they seem to be more like city-states and have many different political ideals in the small groups.

and my word these pro-neutral token board threads are horrible

love, biancha

level 215 orgless neutral & happy to have *only* a xan neck board with OE bracers - a fair trade for remaining neutral. the day stats are more important than being able to choose how I play this silly game i will sign up for clan or omni, because I know I can't have my cake and eat it too, and I like it that way.
    Last edited by Biancha; Nov 15th, 2010 at 05:14:49.

Based on your style I think a neutral can say back to you :

Well it is the same old thing, Clans and Omni dont understand that is no such thing as a freedom in the clans and omnis. Clans are a totalitarism form of ideology, under one banner without consideration for individual purpose, omnis are the same. Neutrals do not impose the totalitarism that dont have much consideration of the individual purposes. Neutrals are free of their ideology and goal, each neutrals organization, company and character have a right of themself, linked by friendship and equality relation and not by hierachy forms. Neutral is especially who is not clan and is not omni and who keep a distance from the conflict of fanatism of clan and omni.

Now neutral is look like a democracy... hmm even more... maybe it is an anarchy form.
    Neutrals are not linked by friendship and love, neutrals are just there and inside this grouping they could have fights with themselves. Inside the neutral "faction" you can have multiple other factions, which was in fact the case back in the day when the story was more about big companies in space, with the SOL Banking corporation and others being major players, these were "neutral" in the sense that they were not cla and no omni.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

want token board? pick a side.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    Neutrals are not linked by friendship and love, neutrals are just there and inside this grouping they could have fights with themselves. Inside the neutral "faction" you can have multiple other factions, which was in fact the case back in the day when the story was more about big companies in space, with the SOL Banking corporation and others being major players, these were "neutral" in the sense that they were not cla and no omni.
    And clans are one homogenous group full of love and harmony.
    Quote Originally Posted by Otinsainpas
    want token board? pick a side.
    People of your kind are like trained dogs. You shout "neut" at them and they wiggle their tail and bark "pick a side".

Quote Originally Posted by drops View Post
    And clans are one homogenous group full of love and harmony.
    No, but they are united by a single purpose.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I quite agree with this view. Of course there is some sense of companionship because we're not Clan and not Omni; especially since those other groups are so big and usually don't seem to like us: that pushes us together. Having the same tag pasted upon us ('neutral') also gives us a feeling of companionship I guess. But essentially you're right: we're just a bunch of separate organisations that or not omni or clan.
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Quote Originally Posted by drops View Post
    People of your kind are like trained dogs. You shout "neut" at them and they wiggle their tail and bark "pick a side".
    no, i dont tell neuts to go sided,
    i tell neuts to go sided if they want tokenboard and lose ability to browse every shop in GMS and if they want to have harder times to find team for sided missions.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

So, neutral is not a faction, it's just someone who isn't clan or omni. That's all. The side XP bonus is just because that's the name for it and not because of anything about neutral being an actual faction.
    Open auno, then some clicks, looking for faction and neutral and neck slot, then i see :
    Profiteer's Helper
    To Equip User Faction == Neutral

The first comment dated at 2003-07-08. (by Angeloxxx)

Open AO-Universe, looking for ShadowBreeds, then i see :
    "... Each faction have their own version. Clan has The Lighter side, Omni has The Darker Side and Neutrals have The Unknown Path."
    Vague

So, what is this Faction, someone can explain ?
    Last edited by huckleberry; Nov 15th, 2010 at 14:28:10.

Open auno, then some clicks, looking for faction and neutral and neck slot, then i see :
    <a href="http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=223466" target="_blank">Profiteer's Helper</a>

Open <a href="http://www.ao-universe.com/main.php?site=knowledge&link=2&id=323" target="_blank">AO-Universe</a>, looking for ShadowBreeds, then i see :
    "... Each faction have their own version. Clan has The Lighter side, Omni has The Darker Side and Neutrals have The Unknown Path."
    <a href="http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=230906" target="_blank">Vague</a>

Good trolling.
    You can't use a third-party site, which use their own names for numeric identifiers, as a source to what something is called.

Furthermore, you're now discussing the internal, technical name of it; Not the storyline/plot/game name of it. Way different thing. Stay on topic please?
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

"Neutral, Omni and Clan are factions."

That is not what you say in the page 2 of this thread ? You dont think it is important ?
    Last edited by huckleberry; Nov 15th, 2010 at 14:46:52.

And now come the important question : Where you got the proofs "neutrals is not a Faction", and "neutrals is not a Side" , and omnis and clans have a property of a side and a faction, meaning something more than the "Alignment" property that show on every player's toon.

Post the links of the infos sources to support your argument is required.
    Last edited by huckleberry; Nov 15th, 2010 at 15:51:50.

Profiteer's Helper

Open AO-Universe, looking for ShadowBreeds, then i see :
    Vague

I can, it's a name for a flag used by the game's system. Which is not equal to the reasons for there being an opportunity to remain neutral in the conflict between clan and omni.
    The Red Brotherhood

So, the "To Equip User Faction == Neutral" on the Profiteer's Helper is used by the game system to allow only neutrals to wear it, and the ""To Equip User Faction == Clan" on the tokens board Clan Merits - Twig of Hope by example is used by the system to allow only clan to wear it ? Do they have the same function, or the "To Equip User Faction == Clan" mean something of the "Faction" of your statement ?

Calling this "neutral hate" is incredibly self-centered and childish. It's neutral apathy. I doubt they considered neutrals for a split-second when coming up with this.
    <Lazy> who knew ao f*rum denizens were such homophobes?

Lordstage Free to do anything
    Byracka iddqd
    Battlespork Eats what he kills
    Bloodforbaal Utter bastard
    Pinealgland Too weird to live, and too rare to die
    Dagenham Radioactive courier
    Fascinated Elderly nature enthusiast

Oh yea it's a good occasion to ask for a fix on shadowbreed because they are broken.

1 : omni1
    2 : clan1
    3 : Omni2

It ends here, it makes not sense to be able to go further omni then clan. SB3 ? Don't get excited. But at least it should cycle between omni and clan 2.

And not a single crap was given to all those neutral's not a faction and should pick a side posts today.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by Iriche View Post
    So you mean you would want to give up the following to get tokenboard?
    - All SL Gardens
    - Pick side in BS
    - Buy from omni/clan/neu player shops
    - SK/XP with any alignment
    - + more i prob have forgotten.
    The only REAL advantage you list here is SK/XP with any alignment, which all subsequent content since SL has not been side-locked (Dreads?). That advantage is diminishing every new patch cycle.

Even with every garden key, you still have to run just as much to get to anywhere important in Inf/Pen/Ado. It's not like we pop out of the garden simply closer than you do.

Anyone who knows my history of Neutral threads knows where I (and by extension my entire org, as we made it a rule) stand on side-swapping in BS and I have made numerous suggestions to fix it, not that it's such a heinous crime to get your VP a little faster and GTFO though.

Buy a 150 Neutral Fixer and use it to buy from clan/omni/neu player shops. Good metagamable advantage there, made even easier by the in-game shops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edta View Post
    On topic: I wouldn't want token boards for neuts. Some extra neck items for neutrals (or people that don't want to farm/buy tokens) that are not as good as tokenboards (e.g. give only a few of the stats instead of the whole list of them) would be nice though.
    You're right, and I expect FC to deliver on that promise that they made regarding this. They probably won't. My suggestion here, however, is based around the bastardization of the tokenboards that buying tokens from FC will cause. If tokenboards mean nothing other than "I spent $X", then Neutrals should be able to spend $X and get the exact same benefits.
    Quote Originally Posted by notcrattey View Post
    No one wants to take away from neutral, it's just that if they want the same exact benefits via tokenboard they need to give up their neutral bonuses to obtain it.

Why should they gain more than anyone else?
    Because with buyable tokens you can get your reward by NOT HELPING ANY SIDE, NOT EVEN ONE TIME.

Logically then, Neutrals are entitled to obtaining the exact same neck item by NOT HELPING ANY SIDE. There is no breech of RP. There is no cost vs. reward to consider.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Stage- View Post
    Calling this "neutral hate" is incredibly self-centered and childish. It's neutral apathy. I doubt they considered neutrals for a split-second when coming up with this.
    You're absolutely right, as soon as I hit submit I wished I had named it that.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Speaking of RP, I just found out an interesting fact. From a RP point of view, 1750+ token boards should not exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by clan 1k board
    This Merit, the Double Sun, was awarded you by your clan as a token of our gratitude! Well done! Wear this to gain benefits of it! This is the highest level possible awarded by the Clan Community.
    Quote Originally Posted by omni 1k board
    Oh, listen you sibling of Omni-Tek. It is I, Philip Ross, who personally sign this proclamation. These Flags of Glory and Redemption is indeed our highest Award, and let this be a small but oh so deserved sign of our gratitude....
    If you're trying to keep neuts at bay for RP reasons, have the decency to stick to that same RP when it's about non-neuts too.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast