Thread: BS Surprise

BS Surprise

Was running a 101-150 BS on my 102 trader tonight. Teamed up with the only other guy in there on my side - a 150 toon. Had that Bor pvp daily thing... and our opponents were flying around 4 capping.

We managed to last long enough to get the pvp reward, and I saw this:

For you to receive the full reward from this quest, you can not be grouped with players above level 143 while solving the quest or when handing in the quest result.

[I was upset and disappointed]
    Last edited by If6Was9; Nov 17th, 2010 at 08:03:58. Reason: weeding out my dickishness
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Leave the team and get reward.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Are you sure it affected your VP gain?
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Are you sure it affected your VP gain?
    Yes. It removed all gain. No vps, tokens or exp.
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Sounds like an oversight to me. I guess we all just have to make sure we're not teamed with people outside of our teaming range when we hand in missions.
    Last edited by Demoder; Nov 16th, 2010 at 10:10:25.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Well did you leave team when going back to the NPC for the reward ?

I got this msg hundreds of times, but when I left team and talked to NPC for the reward I always got it....
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Metafizis View Post
    Well did you leave team when going back to the NPC for the reward ?

I got this msg hundreds of times, but when I left team and talked to NPC for the reward I always got it....
    I did after you suggested this and it worked. My bad for the opening attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by If6Was9 View Post
    We managed to last long enough to get the pvp reward,
    If all you want is BS daily mission to update then you can just sit in a corner and let the other side 4-cap as that is the fastest way to get the counter go up which is what triggers the mission update. Once I logged 4 toons on my side just to get BS started and let opponent 4-cap from the get go. Fastest BS daily I have ever done....

Quote Originally Posted by Crowena View Post
    If all you want is BS daily mission to update then you can just sit in a corner and let the other side 4-cap as that is the fastest way to get the counter go up which is what triggers the mission update. Once I logged 4 toons on my side just to get BS started and let opponent 4-cap from the get go. Fastest BS daily I have ever done....
    What a sad day for Anarchy Online. It hurt to read these words

Well, I was the only clan willing to join...
    Also says a lot about how active the BS really is. Just because it is running doesn't mean there are players there.