Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: In game store prices

...and you are forced to buy everything!!!!!11!!!one
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by goyo View Post
    I have 20+ characters. Buying a gms and bank even for only 2 of them will cost ~180€. Thats way too much! For 30-50€ you get a full price game with hundrets of new items, characters and playflieds. For other games you get small and bigger DLC expansions for 10-15€ offering quite a bit of new content.

Portable Bank (permanent) ~45€ per char
    Portable GMS (permanent) ~45€ per char

Add a possibilty to get them through ingame mechanics or lower the price to 5-10€. For such items its stil a lot considering the efford they take to implement but people might even buy them.
    True !

I have 27 toons ... I need a BoC in social for all of them ... but BoC is too hard / long to farm ... please change !! kkthxbai !
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Variable View Post
    dont buy them then...
    bud: nipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Variable View Post
    dont buy them then...
    An that's exactly what I'm doing, spent 0 points so far.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by boltgun View Post
    An that's exactly what I'm doing, spent 0 points so far.
    But what about all the people crying that the game will die because everyone will use the shop (thus not playing the game)?

Think of the tears they've shed!!
    Shhh... I'm in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    People that continuously insult the player base TRYING to level, while asking why the population is so low, need to get a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Siyra View Post
    But what about all the people crying that the game will die because everyone will use the shop (thus not playing the game)?

Think of the tears they've shed!!
    Err... Screw em ? I want to buy stims but I can do a lot of things with that money. GMS and Bank are at the price of 2 games too... I think you get it.
    Last edited by boltgun; Dec 1st, 2010 at 13:54:46.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Funcom employee

We've changed the portable bank and GMS today. If you buy the permanent ones you now get them on all characters on the same account.

To get them on your other characters you have to "buy" it again for 0 points. You'll find that to do that under Character Boosts.

Also you can buy points inside the game now! Enjoy!
    A Genuine Lucien - Accept No Substitutes

Thats cool Lucien. Appreciate it. But for that price more than necessary =).
    But I still don't feel like needing one .
    regards
    Happy employee of the Omni Tek corporation.
    I am destruction. I am creation. I am Engineer.
    Free Tradeskill Services on RK1. Includes AI Armor.

AOMover | AwesOme Script
    Open Source Licenses, enjoy your freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Lucien View Post
    We've changed the portable bank and GMS today. If you buy the permanent ones you now get them on all characters on the same account.

To get them on your other characters you have to "buy" it again for 0 points. You'll find that to do that under Character Boosts.

Extremely sorry to say but portable gms and banks were the profession specific items, people did roll that profession just for these items. These items were not suppose to be in the item store, but they are. Now they are in item store (very sad), please dont change the price, i would like to see the increase in the price since one time investment will get all if your chars the profession unique items.

Quote Originally Posted by techprince View Post
    Extremely sorry to say but portable gms and banks were the profession specific items, people did roll that profession just for these items. These items were not suppose to be in the item store, but they are. Now they are in item store (very sad), please dont change the price, i would like to see the increase in the price since one time investment will get all if your chars the profession unique items.
    I bet the traders and crats are quite happy not spending 45$ on these items and showing off theyre FREE still profession locked item to the people who bought it :P
    Dochollie 220 Opifex Doctor

You rolled a crat to bank during a raid? Whats wrong with you?
    But yes, it is really hard to walk from Borealis Grid to ft oO.
    This Item is still freaking expensive.. 54€.

AOMover | AwesOme Script

Extremely sorry to say but portable gms and banks were the profession specific items, people did roll that profession just for these items.
    Bull****. I find it hard to believe that anyone rolled a Crat or Trader just for the bank/gms on the go. 99% chance that they rolled that profession for a tool that is still theirs (ie CC, drains, pets, w/e).
    Shhh... I'm in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    People that continuously insult the player base TRYING to level, while asking why the population is so low, need to get a clue.

While bank was not the reason for me to roll 2 crats and gms was not the reason I rolled a trader I have to say that it was something special that those professions had. While playing my doctor there were several times I wished that I had access to one or the other but I never thought that my doctor should have either of those any more than she should have calms, drains, roots, charms, snares or pets. I wouldn't have a problem with adding a lot more GMS and bank terminals to the point that it would be almost pointless to have portable access but selling the profession specific things just feels wrong to me.

I know having those features for sale didn't change my crats or trader at all but it changed how I feel about them. I did not log my crats in at all after that patch and I only logged my trader in for 2 daily missions because I forced myself to try and "get over it". Didn't work.

I don't like it much either. But it is there and they won't remove it unless nobody buys it.
    And as I said: 54€ is not cheap.. it is not like everyone will get it.
    So I think you emphasize this too much right now.

AOMover | AwesOme Script

Quote Originally Posted by Jerusha View Post
    I don't like it much either. But it is there and they won't remove it unless nobody buys it.
    And as I said: 54€ is not cheap.. it is not like everyone will get it.
    So I think you emphasize this too much right now.
    I know they won't remove it and I understand why. I'm not emphasizing this either. It is just simply the way I feel (or don't feel). Right now I would be more interested in playing Wow than AO if price was same and that is a very disturbing thing to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Siyra View Post
    Bull****. I find it hard to believe that anyone rolled a Crat or Trader just for the bank/gms on the go. 99% chance that they rolled that profession for a tool that is still theirs (ie CC, drains, pets, w/e).
    Hi there,
    don't you know anyone rolling an mp for buffs?
    if not I have to assume that you have played this game for very little time.
    It is quite normal to roll alts in ao; so people DO indeed roll either crat or trader for there bank alts.

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucien View Post

That's nice and all, but more people would buy them if they were about 50-75% cheaper... just some advice.
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by raw_fox View Post
    Im glad the prices are high, in my book not even high enuff.
    Let them pay !!!
    That
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456