Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: awesomium - File Removed!

Quote Originally Posted by raw_fox View Post

AntiVir was also good until some point but i was told, that point was in the past.
    You were told wrong. The free version of antivir lacks some features (what do you expect, its free), but the scanner engine is still among the best.

However, I dont use free solutions anymore for two reasons. Good work may cost money and the one thing all free solutions save cost with is update interval and speed. Anything over 1h is worthless should there be an "outbreak".
    ಠ_ಠ

Oh, the company version, symantec security is quite different form Norton. Well perhaps you can whitelist it with this one.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by raw_fox View Post
    Im using Microsoft Security Essentials on Windows7_64.
    Honestly thats the best antivirus program i ever had.
    Agreed, it is actually a very good product now and detects a lot more than it used to when they just had Defender.

I really, really, really do not understand why you people need virus scanners. Every time I buy a new computer they bundle some crap with it. I remove it and do just fine without it. Do i get viruses? not to my knowledge. For a year or so I tried out NOD32 a few years ago. It did just fine, but in reality all it did was use some of my computers resources that I figured I wanted to use on something else.

I mean.. come on, what sort of dodgy things do you guys download and open?
    Nostalgisk: Solitus Trader, Pandemonium
    Padded: Solitus Doctor, Inferno
    Fiwel: Solitus Adventurer, Inferno
    Alphawave: Atrox Soldier, Adonis
    Bonita: Solitus Fixer, Scheol
    Dynamisk: Solitus Bureaucrat, Nascense

Storm

Padded:

Most of us use webbrowsers, e-mail clients etc, which are all subject to vulnerabilities which means you can get infected without doing anything silly on your own. Surfing safe sites doesn't mean you're safe; Example: The Nobels Peace Price website was hacked & was spreading malware around.

I also notice you say that you don't have any viruses to your knowledge. How would you even know you had a virus without using a virus- or malware scanner? Many viruses, and quite a bit of other malware, doesn't affect your computers performance or stability in any noticeable way. I sincerely doubt many would bother going through the tedious job of manually checking for su****ious activity on their computer without having some kind of symptom of anything su****ious going on.

Even if malware does't affect your computers performance in any way, it's still just as bad since it's able to mine your computer for information, or even use it in a large-scale hacking or denial of service attempt. By the time you detect anything fishy, the damage is already done.

Is every antivirus scanner good? No. Like with any software, some are generally bad, others decent, some are even good. Some have compatibility issues. Like with anything else, you have to consider these things. And once you find one which works well and has minimalistic impact on your system, you should ask yourself: "I can achieve a tiny performance improvement by not running antivirus software... Is that worth the significantly increased risk of all my personal data being spread to criminals with ill intents, and generally around the net?". I sincerely hope the answer to that question is "no".
    Last edited by Demoder; Nov 30th, 2010 at 06:43:32.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Xandor View Post
    Congratulations on your choise of system....

First thing that happened after patch/login:

Norton SONAR pics out the file "awesomium.exe" as a su****ious file, and deletes it

Code:
    This file risk is high.

Source
    awesomiumprocess.exe

//Xandor

Norton is the worst piece of s$#t software ever made.

That being said, you can prolly create an exception to the mentioned file and/or folder.
    Last edited by Gatess; Nov 30th, 2010 at 10:04:18.

I haven't had any problems with it on Mcaffee.
    Have you selected Anarchy Online as an exception on your Norton scanner?
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

The first fail in this is thread is having Norton installed on your computer.

just use AVG, its less resource intensive and free stuff is pretty good
    MyNameIsCani 220 Trox Solja
    Canibaal 215 Trox Enf
    Canifix 215 Trox Fix
    Pureevul 220 Trox Shade
    Canikeep 220 Trox Keeper
    Deathreturns 220 Solitus Doc
    Alphadawg 164 Opifex Fixer
    CanIKillYou 150 Solitus Adv
    Canistrikes 80 Nano Agent

Microsoft Security Essentials is also free and imo better than AVG.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12