Thread: Locking Items Shouldn't Be In Right-Click Context Menu

Locking Items Shouldn't Be In Right-Click Context Menu

I would love to lock my weapons, but I won't, because I'm far too terrified of accidentally de-equipping them in the process of locking them. I spent a crazy amount of time equipping them, and since then, I don't even move my mouse near the wear window for fear that I might twitch and throw all that time away.

Locking them would be perfect, but I really shouldn't have to right click the item to do it. I don't know what'll happen when I right click them, will I not hold it down long enough and it'll de-equip? Will the server lag somehow and it'll de-equip anyway? Will I hit the wrong menu item?

My point is, making the user press the same button that de-equips in order to lock the item is really a bad idea. You know someone will accidentally de-equip the very item they're terrified of accidentally de-equipping.

Please, move it to the upper left info menu, have a menu for lock item that pulls out with a list of the equipment slots, and let us check the ones we want to lock.
    `((((
    `(. .)
    ((
    v )) Kimarzt
    .m m 220/30/70 Doctor :: First and Only Doctor to Equip Hatred of the Xans :: First Doctor with Sword of Dusk

Quote Originally Posted by Kimarzt View Post
    I would love to lock my weapons, but I won't, because I'm far too terrified of accidentally de-equipping them in the process of locking them. I spent a crazy amount of time equipping them, and since then, I don't even move my mouse near the wear window for fear that I might twitch and throw all that time away.

Locking them would be perfect, but I really shouldn't have to right click the item to do it. I don't know what'll happen when I right click them, will I not hold it down long enough and it'll de-equip? Will the server lag somehow and it'll de-equip anyway? Will I hit the wrong menu item?

My point is, making the user press the same button that de-equips in order to lock the item is really a bad idea. You know someone will accidentally de-equip the very item they're terrified of accidentally de-equipping.

Please, move it to the upper left info menu, have a menu for lock item that pulls out with a list of the equipment slots, and let us check the ones we want to lock.
    So fill up your inventory with items to make sure you won't put them off and then r-click-lock.
    Inventory full. Please make room in your inventory first!
    Last edited by Darkirbiska1; Nov 19th, 2010 at 22:25:28.
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

Quote Originally Posted by Darkirbiska1 View Post
    So fill up your inventory with items to make sure you won't put them off and then r-click-lock.
    Inventory full. Please make room in your inventory first!
    Thanks, that is a good tip and I'll use it right now... but it doesn't change the bad user interface design introduced in this patch :P
    `((((
    `(. .)
    ((
    v )) Kimarzt
    .m m 220/30/70 Doctor :: First and Only Doctor to Equip Hatred of the Xans :: First Doctor with Sword of Dusk

You could probably also check the "lock equipment slots" in F10 to lock everything before manually locking individual slots.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Yeah I hear ya, I accidently took of a 257 grail on my 150 doc, was unequipping an ncu to make a swap and mouse bumped up and off the grail went, sad I was :/