Thread: Key Binding Bugs

Key Binding Bugs

There's been several various bug reports and complaints about the new Key Binding system effecting gameplay issues.

This thread is here in an attempt to consolidate them all so the devs can find and fix these problems easier and quickly.

Chat input system: the use of ALT+CursorArrows is a major inconvience; we want the old SHIFT commands back.
    Issue 1 :: Issue 2

Mouse Scroll wheel don't scroll hotbars while the mouse is moving
    Last edited by Xyphos; Dec 4th, 2010 at 06:57:38.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

Bump.

Issue #1's "fix" isn't good enough when you want to have both WASD and arrows available for movement at the same time.
    Because Race Yalm

Quote Originally Posted by Xyphos View Post
    Chat input system: the use of ALT+CursorArrows is a major inconvience; we want the old SHIFT commands back.
    No, we do not.
    Having to use any modifier to move the cursor is, and has always been a major pain in itself. It worked the way it always should have been for a week, before it was rolled back, only to a different modifier this time.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by Honorbound View Post
    No, we do not.
    Having to use any modifier to move the cursor is, and has always been a major pain in itself. It worked the way it always should have been for a week, before it was rolled back, only to a different modifier this time.
    Agreed.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Xyphos View Post
    Yes we want. WTF Who want to chat and let your toon go direct to a vortexsoid in Inf?

And wtb '0' autorun when chat is active!! Cant set autorun while typing is ftl.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

The thing that bothers me most is that holding alt+arrowkey only moves the cursor one letter instead of rolling on further. I'm used to the shift commands and wouldn't mind them back. But I can adapt and agree that it's a good thing to have chat in AO working as in nearly all other chat interfaces.
    This is what I suggest:
    arrowkeys= move cursor in text
    shift+arrowkeys= select text
    alt+arrowkeys could be used for steering
    ESC= go away from chat without deleting the text!

This way you could press ESC and use wasd or arrowkeys to steer/ stop right before the edge of the pit of eternal torture. Then you can just press Enter and continue typing without re-typing what you already had.
    To delete text you could use shift+home or shift+end and press delete.

Alternatively: let us bind them how we prefer them personally.
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

shift -> alt change is a major PITA for me
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

general key binding problem: (maybe only for german layout)
    the following keys are not bindable, see image for key position:
    ß ´ ü + ö ä - <

Quote Originally Posted by Edta View Post
    The thing that bothers me most is that holding alt+arrowkey only moves the cursor one letter instead of rolling on further.
    Same ... realy annoying.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Make 0 works again while chat is active. The rest I can adapt.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.