Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FC selling variable credits

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    [B]I'd like to point out that credits changing hands is never a bad thing for the economy. What's bad, is the introduction of new credits from nowhere. Credit sellers (the bad ones) do indirectly inflate the economy by doing crazy much shopfood farming. And as we all know, shopfood gives you credits from nowhere, thus increases the amount of credits available in the economy.
    You don't see it? This is the EXACT same thing as credit sellers. You can use real cash to buy credits in game in the form of token packages. It introduces cash where there was previously none (people make in-game credits just like credit sellers do, so don't go there). Developers aren't suppose to be credit sellers, and that is exactly what is happening. Players no longer have to work for loot, they just spend some money in the item store, and BAM, INSTANT RICHES.

Make store items NODROP! Funcom, get out of the credit selling business!
    Last edited by protozo; Dec 9th, 2010 at 03:21:21.

So if I buy a stack of tokens that someone bought from the in-game store that they didn't use their money to buy my credits?

How do you people reach the conclusion that buying tokens bought from the IGS isn't selling credits? They use money to buy an item that is worth X amount of credits based on market value. If I use credits that I've earned by turning in bounties from S10, the exact same amount of money is pouring into the game, the only difference is where exactly it comes from.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    They use money to buy an item that is worth X amount of credits based on market value. If I use credits that I've earned by turning in bounties from S10, the exact same amount of money is pouring into the game, the only difference is where exactly it comes from.
    Again.. Selling a token item doesn't add new credits to the game. Selling loot to vendors, or handing in bounties, adds new credits to the game.
    Selling/buying the token items do not "pour" credits into the game. It makes credits which are already in the game, change hands. Finito.

If Funcom actually sold credits for cash, they'd ruin the economy bigtime, as they'd be adding new credits to the game.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

You must be one of those token sellers if you pretend credz "migrating" into the pockets of those with deep RL pockets is not a problem.

Actually, I am selling a token package atm. But guess what? I didn't spend any RL money on it.
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Those who buy these ingame ebaid the credz anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Again.. Selling a token item doesn't add new credits to the game. Selling loot to vendors, or handing in bounties, adds new credits to the game.
    Selling/buying the token items do not "pour" credits into the game. It makes credits which are already in the game, change hands. Finito.
    You must be oblivious. People make money in this game the same way, credit sellers or not. People WILL be doing what they can to make money to buy these tokens. If they don't have the real cash to pay the credit farm (ie, Funcom), they will be selling massive amounts to the shop or doing whatever else regular players do. This pours credits into the game.

If Funcom actually sold credits for cash, they'd ruin the economy bigtime, as they'd be adding new credits to the game.
    This is exactly what they are doing. Token packages are instant credits. It really doesn't matter if you pay real life money to a credz seller or Funcom in terms of the economy, it is producing credits. Finito.

Quote Originally Posted by Metafizis View Post
    Those who buy these ingame ebaid the credz anyway.
    If they don't know how to make the creds ingame that might be true at this point when the token packages have just been introduced. When things cool down why would they bother buying the creds first and then the packages from other players when they could just buy the package from FC?

Quote Originally Posted by protozo View Post
    If they don't have the real cash to pay the credit farm (ie, Funcom), they will be selling massive amounts to the shop or doing whatever else regular players do. This pours credits into the game.
    Regular players who can make those kind of creds don't go farming pearls. They might farm ai bots or symbiants. In both cases no new credits are introduced into the game.
    Berim, Lacian, Greyd, Misterburns, Techro and Hockenberry

Quote Originally Posted by Berim View Post
    \Regular players who can make those kind of creds don't go farming pearls. They might farm ai bots or symbiants. In both cases no new credits are introduced into the game.
    Where did this illusion that credz sellers only farm pearls begin? They aren't stupid. They know how to get the most bang for their buck just like players, and it's not pearls.

This is exactly what they are doing. Token packages are instant credits. It really doesn't matter if you pay real life money to a credz seller or Funcom in terms of the economy, it is producing credits. Finito.
    No, this is not how it works. They are no introducing new creds, but new tokens.
    Hence, they ll not provoke a creds devaluation. They could probably provoke a token devaluation, depending on the price they sell the package.

" Token packages are instant credits." ... and . .. how much exactly ? how much today, how much in 1 month ?

If they were selling token package for small price, the 1k tocken would be worth 5M creds quite fast.

See ? this wont make creds value decrease. (probably will make tocken value, and hence, token gun value decrease...)

I wonder if the people yelling against this are people that have farmed (or other "feature") token guns and got still plenty to sell...
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

you guys repeat that one argument of no NEW credits being added to the market, but thats not what ppl are so opposed of, its the general concept of transferring you real life wallets content to ingame for credits, all sanctioned by FC

personally i care lot less about the state of ao economy then about such an abomination like this

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    It is a bit funny that they are effectively giving you the ability to buy credits from funcom. By buying sellable items ingame, you are paying real money, for ingame credits.

It doesn't matter where they come from, the concept is clearly there.. credits of course that you paid *real* money for - Can be used to improve your character.

Thus, you CAN infact use the item store to boost your character, only by spending real money. This is sanctioned by FC.

This is NOT what the item store is, because I was pretty sure it was said they didnt want you to be able to buy a powerful toon through the item store.

Except you can.
    in other words, what FC said to us was just a blatlant lie
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

That reminds me, I'm getting low on in-game credits. Think I'll mosy on over to the item store and pick up some credits (token packages). It's cheaper than credit farmers. (I have never used them, but I see prices.).

^^ You go right ahead ans see how hard it actually is to sell one.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Insane666 View Post
    you guys repeat that one argument of no NEW credits being added to the market, but thats not what ppl are so opposed of
    Maybe not, but people do use "FC is pouring new credits into the economy" as an argument. A ridiculously invalid argument at that.
    Example:
    Token packages are instant credits. It really doesn't matter if you pay real life money to a credz seller or Funcom in terms of the economy, it is producing credits. Finito.
    Which is a false statement. All credits came from "credit-generating" sources at one point in time, true; But the credits which are spent on the token packages are not necessarily generated directly from such sources. People tend to sell yesdrop items (and lootrights) to get more credits which are *already in the economy*, in order to buy other items; Such as the token package.

As someone else already pointed out earlier, the only thing which might get devalued by this is the token guns.
    Last edited by Demoder; Dec 9th, 2010 at 14:27:31.

Maybe not, but people do use "FC is pouring new credits into the economy" as an argument. A ridiculously invalid argument at that.
    What's ridiculous is assuming it does nothing to the economy. It produces instant riches with no work attached. The worst part of it is that it destroys the spirit of the game.

Which is a false statement. All credits came from "credit-generating" sources at one point in time, true; But the credits which are spent on the token packages are not necessarily generated directly from such sources. People tend to sell yesdrop items to get credits which are *already in the economy*, in order to buy other items.
    My statement was 100% true. Credits for tokens comes from a lot of different places, including S10. It puts money where there was no money before. It's not a case of simply exchanging credit.

There is a simple solution to this. It allows Funcom to keep the revenue, and it prevents this blatant credit selling. Make tokens packages nodrop.

What's ridiculous is assuming it does nothing to the economy. It produces instant riches with no work attached. The worst part of it is that it destroys the spirit of the game.
    This I can agree to.

My statement was 100% true. Credits for tokens comes from a lot of different places, including S10. It puts money where there was no money before. It's not a case of simply exchanging credit.

There is a simple solution to this. It allows Funcom to keep the revenue, and it prevents this blatant credit selling. Make tokens packages nodrop.
    But that's not what you actually said. You said the token items are pouring credits into the game. They're not. But S10 and other sources do pour credits into the game, that's true.
    It seems you're having a hard time keeping a track of your own argument?
    Last edited by Demoder; Dec 9th, 2010 at 14:36:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    ^^ You go right ahead ans see how hard it actually is to sell one.
    I just put a x1000 token package in my shop and it took all of 2 hours to sell. I am now 350M richer. That was real hard, lol. Thanks Funcom, I will never be poor in the game again. I bet those credit sellers are pissed that Funcom undercut them on prices, lol.

You said the token guns are pouring credits into the game.
    I never said that. Token guns are legit and a good exchange of credits.

It seems you're having a hard time keeping a track of your own argument?
    I'm getting dizzy.

That was an apparent typo. I even corrected it a whooping 14s before you replied!

Quote Originally Posted by cepacia View Post
    I just put a x1000 token package in my shop and it took all of 2 hours to sell. I am now 350M richer. That was real hard, lol. Thanks Funcom, I will never be poor in the game again. I bet those credit sellers are pissed that Funcom undercut them on prices, lol.
    That's great ... that MUST mean it's easy. That N=1 case is proof enough every time.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast