Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FC selling variable credits

Quote Originally Posted by protozo View Post
    Token guns are legit and a good exchange of credits.
    Yet a token gun package is not? Nonsense. Paying cash for FC points to get and sell a token gun package is the same as paying cash to get playtime in AO to get and sell tokenguns.
    Last edited by Obtena; Dec 9th, 2010 at 18:57:25.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

When you pay cash (something totally unrelated to AO) for items in AO that you can sell for credits in AO, we have a major problem.

It doesn't matter where the credits come from. That guy purchased those tokens, and sold them for these credits. He now uses these credits to purchase gear for his toon without actually playing the game. This is a MAJOR PROBLEM.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

In the end this wont be experience changing.
    But it is a very strange move made by funcom because..
    1. They indirectly make it possible to equip your toons with real cash
    2. They sell items for real cash that can be sold for ingame credits

This won't be game changing because this could be done already by buying from sites/ebay.
    I think we can consider this along the lines of "Can't beat them, join them".
    Besides that, they can now afford new programmers that can work on our engine! right?!
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

It really kills the game slowly. I doubt any of my friends would come and play this game now. The "fairness" feeling is kinda gone. No point doing anything. And token package sellers "debump" posts are just plain silly.

And also I noticed.. Why the damn does everybody look at the "join date" .. Some people may play year or two before feeling a real need to post .. meaning no need for forum account... or something.. Uhh huh huh huh.
    Juhan - 199 enf
    Zozikel - 180 advy
    Haabalaka - 177 doc
    Ladies - 176 doc
    Gentlemen - 199 crat
    Hesburger - 176 soldier
    + more alts

Quote Originally Posted by Harios View Post
    In the end this wont be experience changing.
    But it is a very strange move made by funcom because..
    1. They indirectly make it possible to equip your toons with real cash
    2. They sell items for real cash that can be sold for ingame credits

This won't be game changing because this could be done already by buying from sites/ebay.
    I think we can consider this along the lines of "Can't beat them, join them".
    Besides that, they can now afford new programmers that can work on our engine! right?!
    "could be done already" doesnt mean that people were doing that,IF people were doing that and it was so easy why do they buy now from funcom for higher price?yes,there was a major risk and thats the reason why there were no buyers either in the first place,only sellers or scammers.

"Can't beat them, join them" this just means that they gave up,kicked players straight in the face.
    People can download aimbot from "sites" for Counter Strike and believe me ,you cant buy aimbots from Steam,but funcom did exactly this.
    or
    some god used hand once to make goal in Football and me thinks its still not allowed to play with hands,many tries and they get penalty,but here right now its allowed.

What bothers me the most is memory of this game,what this kind of things and this kind of actions are going do to it.
    everybody should go to Wikipedia and read the whole story and think what the heck is going on in here right and now.
    Last edited by trollingstones; Dec 9th, 2010 at 20:51:59.

I was interested to see if the price of token packages vs ingame currency would balance out at the prices charged by credit sellers based on information you get from the occasional credit sell website spammer in chat.

When looking at the prices charged by people that bought the token packages the lack of demand (i guess) is already putting downward pressures on the price. Initially it was at about the same level as the credit sellers but now has fallen below that.

It will not be long before people realize that they can get more credits for their dollars by buying from credit sellers and all that will have been achieved is lowering the inhibition threshold of players willing to sacrifice real life money.

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    When you pay cash (something totally unrelated to AO) for items in AO that you can sell for credits in AO, we have a major problem.
    You already do that when you pay for gametime. It's not any different than paying cash for gametime, and camping items you can sell for credits for in AO. it's completely transparent to the person buying and it increases FC revenue.
    Last edited by Obtena; Dec 9th, 2010 at 22:31:01.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    You already do that when you pay for gametime. It's not any different than paying cash for gametime, and camping items you can sell for credits for in AO. it's completely transparent to the person buying and it increases FC revenue.
    There's a very small and probably insignificant point that you're missing.

PLAYING THE GAME.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

PLAYING THE GAME.
    He's known to be like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

PLAYING THE GAME.
    People who want to skip playing the game can and do skip playing it already.

Those of us that want to play the game, can. Those that skip playing were never going to interact with us pre-shop anyway so what's different now?

The fairness is gone from the game? What fairness? You're being purposefully ignorant if you think that people weren't buying money from the credit sellers and being unfair by then purchasing armour/gear without playing.
    Shhh... I'm in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    People that continuously insult the player base TRYING to level, while asking why the population is so low, need to get a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Siyra View Post
    People who want to skip playing the game can and do skip playing it already.

Those of us that want to play the game, can. Those that skip playing were never going to interact with us pre-shop anyway so what's different now?

The fairness is gone from the game? What fairness? You're being purposefully ignorant if you think that people weren't buying money from the credit sellers and being unfair by then purchasing armour/gear without playing.
    You should just come out and say what you really mean. You think it's ok for FC to sell credits.

There is literally no reason for the Token Packs to be yesdrop. None. If you want to skip the token grind, buy tokens. Making them yesdrop directly rewards people with a bigger IRL wallet by providing them with an exclusive FC sanctioned means of earning credits. There is absolutely nothing fair about that.

Buying credits from cred sellers? Well, that's against the EULA and if you are caught, will result in the loss of those credits. Buying token packs to sell for credits from FC? Well, that's ok because $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

You should just come out and say what you really mean. You think it's ok for FC to sell credits.
    You should stop being arrogant, going around assuming you know what people think.

I said what I mean, take it or leave it.

I talked about skipping content and the fairness of the game. Not money, not the moral of selling credits or anything of that sort. Stop applying your prejudices to my posts.
    Shhh... I'm in disguise.

People that continuously insult the player base TRYING to level, while asking why the population is so low, need to get a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by kx2 View Post
    It really kills the game slowly. I doubt any of my friends would come and play this game now. The "fairness" feeling is kinda gone. No point doing anything. And token package sellers "debump" posts are just plain silly.

And also I noticed.. Why the damn does everybody look at the "join date" .. Some people may play year or two before feeling a real need to post .. meaning no need for forum account... or something.. Uhh huh huh huh.
    We must be of different ages because my friends see how cool this game is and easy it is to get started with a few thousand funcom points they jump right in. Ofc they all rolled crats but hey w/e. Just dont understand why people think something that makes life easier for people who are not able to play ao 7 hours a day 7 days a week a bad thing. Challenge|=fun in most cases. More people having the creds/ability to reach 220 is not a bad thing in my opinion but ofc some one will come thru here and rip my 2 cents apart telling me this is killing ao slowly but w/e.
    Last edited by fixyourself; Dec 10th, 2010 at 08:04:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Siyra View Post
    You should stop being arrogant, going around assuming you know what people think.

I said what I mean, take it or leave it.

I talked about skipping content and the fairness of the game. Not money, not the moral of selling credits or anything of that sort. Stop applying your prejudices to my posts.
    Ok then, how do people legitly pay IRL money to skip parts of the game? How do people buy credits for their character in a sanctioned way? I'm looking for ways that aren't breaches of the EULA or bannable offenses.

Another question, how is it fair that people with bigger IRL wallets are able to abuse a credit making source that is specific to them only? There is no way to make credits that is specific for people who choose not to use the in-game store. There is no explanation except for the money signs in FC's eyes.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Ok then, how do people legitly pay IRL money to skip parts of the game? How do people buy credits for their character in a sanctioned way? I'm looking for ways that aren't breaches of the EULA or bannable offenses.

Another question, how is it fair that people with bigger IRL wallets are able to abuse a credit making source that is specific to them only? There is no way to make credits that is specific for people who choose not to use the in-game store. There is no explanation except for the money signs in FC's eyes.
    Having 5 paid accounts makes me able to solo a lot of content which someone with only one account couldn't. Are you saying this is unfair too, because I get an advantage from spending more IRL money?
    Last edited by Demoder; Dec 10th, 2010 at 09:53:57.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Ok then, how do people legitly pay IRL money to skip parts of the game? How do people buy credits for their character in a sanctioned way?
    I never said there was ways.

I know, you're vehemently against the sanctioned selling of credits, but you don't have to see a RMT or RL$ abuser around every corner and under every rock.

So please, stop already with trying to act as if there's some hidden message in my posts or that I really mean "this" even though I don't just come out and say it. My posts mean what they mean, anything beyond that that you contrive is your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Having 5 paid accounts makes me able to solo a lot of content which someone with only one account couldn't. Are you saying this is unfair too, because I get an advantage from spending more IRL money?
    Yes of course it's unfair: you should be banned this instant for being so unfair to those people who can only afford one account! /Sarcasm (zomg look Sultry... a hidden message muahahaha
    Shhh... I'm in disguise.

You think it's ok for FC to sell credits.
    Maybe he doesn't, but I sure do. They should just cut to the chase and put in a BUY CREDZ NAO button. Just charge $50 for 1B. They would instantly shut down the entire cred seller market (which by the way would also solve sled loads of collateral problems people complain about that all derive from excessive camping and farming by 24x7 sweatshop cred farmers).

You all do realize that not being able to buy tokens and sell them is unfair also right? Up until now people who have been unemployed and not pulling there weight in society have had a big unfair advantage by being able to spend 10 or 20 times as much time grinding, camping and farming items... Hence the game has penalized people with jobs/families... Yes theres 2 sides to every coin... Even this one...
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Of course it's different. You don't expect me to believe you're stupid enough to not see how?

AO is a fixed fee, not pay by the hour. Whether you log in for 5 minutes or 5 hours you pay FC the same money. They're not making money out of someone specifically gaining credits.

With the token items, people can spend RL cash and exchange it for credits in the game. They can repeat this as many times as their wallet allows. It's chalk and cheese, stop straw manning.

Quote Originally Posted by Rktim View Post
    You all do realize that not being able to buy tokens and sell them is unfair also right? Up until now people who have been unemployed and not pulling there weight in society have had a big unfair advantage by being able to spend 10 or 20 times as much time grinding, camping and farming items... Hence the game has penalized people with jobs/families... Yes theres 2 sides to every coin... Even this one...
    Er, what? It's a given that if you don't have time to play a game, you don't have time to play it. There's nothing the game designer can or should do about that. You've made some corking arguments in your time Rktim but this is definitely up there with the most ridiculous. This is a giant slippery slope. Hey mister working man, since you don't have the time, here have a fully equipped 220. Hey there doctor guy, this game, Mass Effect 2, we went ahead and completed it for you, here's your end sequence and credits with all the achievements pre farmed.

People with leisure time, spend it doing leisurely activities, one of those options is playing games. Those that don't have leisure time, don't get all leisurely.

God, you spend a few months away from the forums and people get dumber.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    God, you spend a few months away from the forums and people get dumber.
    If anything, it's "you spend a few months away from the forums and you get smarter".
    Either case, you're both missing each-others points. And.. both points are actually valid.

I think you should benefit for playing more... But I also think it's hopelessly impossible to get anywhere in this game if you have, say, 2h a day to spend on it.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast