Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What with all the people who built AI armors and Alb Bracers?

Quote Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
    key word... "some of them back"

some people got to keep the items... hopefully not any of the daigamma armors.
    No items were auto-deleted during the downtime. Not even the digamma armor. But that is an easy fix when the time comes, as they can just wipe it from player possession without prejudice.

Anyone who looted got banned, and the GMs seem to be sorting out the items to be deleted as they deal with the petitions from account owners.

I kinda doubt we will see any mass deletion of normal items that have already been traded off and tradeskilled, though. Too many variables as to the circumstances of said trades.
    Last edited by MajorOutage; Jan 6th, 2011 at 00:01:17.
    Because Race Yalm

What a horrible event this was :/

only because you didn't get to loot anything
    ____ Equipment
    Kopo: There's nothing wrong with the (NT) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent.
    Unzipped: I'm right, Schmorgi is right... everyone else is wrong and /org lazy.... yep... that pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    Mangle: .... even still the leveling curve seems steep. Why must there be an exponential leveling curve? Who the hell invented that crap with MMOs to begin with?
    deniska: malewerecat h8 for making me agree with Masta
    sobeguy:Anyhow, Marius was evil regardless. Gaute was evil too. They are like, the Bat Man and Robin of evil. They probably run around in tights and masks, making vaguely homoerotic comments, and generally meddling anywhere people are trying to have fun!
    Righteous:Sil is in the kitchen making some sandwiches, he says you're lying and doesn't know who you are.
    Sephiroth:you managed to bother two people with one sentence. Nice
    I Remember The Missing: Nepenthia, Naraya, Satenia.

So... Why no rollback? Solves all the problems really.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    So... Why no rollback? Solves all the problems really.
    likely because it only really involved a "relatively" small number of people that can be resolved without a roll back.

doing a roll back would cause more harm than good in the case of some people that completed quests during that day, twinked on some items, etc
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

I have to wonder if anyone used that digamma armor to equip anything that wouldn't normally be possible to equip with just regular ai armor. But then that type of thing would take planning meaning they would have had to know that this was going to happen, but still.... did anyone do it? This event strangely reminds me of something that happened on RK2 some time ago where the real culprit was able to walk away with alot of creds/items from scamming/account theft by simply blending in with the crowd.
    Crackle 214/22/58 Agent
    Midget 170/20/42 Agent
    Ynarekie 90/9/21 Agent
    Pewpewlzrs 40/4/7 Agent
    Whippits 30/3/7 Agent

Sooooo... Relatively few people were involved, and everyone who looted got temp banned, correct?

There should be no problem tracking every single use of these items. If they were used to build new items, delete the new item and replace the original, non-illegal parts. If they were traded, delete and reimburse credits.

And I do hope this gets done, FC. **** happens. It's how you deal with it that counts. The fairly quick reaction and the way you kept the community up to date was pretty good. But apparently there had been precursors like messed up, "de-leveled" toons before that night, so no A+ on shutting them down before they could do major harm. No we're watching t osee how the aftermath is being handled.

*Big serious frown*

Hehe, good luck with that mess.

So what do we learn? Be quicker and smarter next time...

Quote Originally Posted by MajourOutage
    Yup but if they traded it off the looting toon, they still had access to it when the servers came back up.
    Including Digamma armors?
    Last edited by Marijke; Jan 6th, 2011 at 08:02:05.
    Marijke88::220|30|70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Phexuz::220|30|70 Opifex Fixer
    Doppelripp::220|30|70 Opifex Bureaucrat
    Arbitrage::220|30|70 Opifex Trader
    Truxal::220|30|70 Opifex Doctor
    Brennstab::220|30|70 Opifex Nano-Technician
    Wurstmacher::200|30|70 Opifex Shade

Proud Advisor of Insomnia Gravis
    Account created: 2005-01-13

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    Ofcourse they shouldn't delete stuff that has been bought by others and already built.

Yeah it's bad that some ppl will be getting away with cheap stuff like that. But it's hardly the end of the world. It would be much worse if they did delete stuff that honest ppl have paid for.
    cool,ofcourse? if i rob a bank and then give $$$ to you so you can buy a house,do you think you can keep that house ?? dont think so,but this game is now giving some really weird example how thinks should be done,giving this kind of lessons to people is just not normal,actually people will get a picture that this is their chance,this is the way how things should be done,if this company dont give any kind of signs that they are fixing their mistakes then people will do this kind of things again sooner than we can imagine or even better they allready are or have been doing for years.BUT "ofcourse they shouldn´t delete stuff"
    Last edited by police; Jan 6th, 2011 at 08:30:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Marijke View Post
    Including Digamma armors?
    Yup.
    Because Race Yalm

I missed the fun! I demand a rollback and a reenactment of the events that night - in my apartment, for private pleasure and phatz.
    ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by Solstiare View Post
    only because you didn't get to loot anything
    Nono, not that I'd mind Digamma armor but it's not fun when they loose their integrity like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
    They should just delete it and return the money.
    Except in some cases the money transfer may be between different toons than the stuff looted in bor. There is no way to know who paid what.

Quote Originally Posted by Iriche View Post
    They should.
    Sure if you want ppl to quit the game that would be an excellent strategy.
    I know I would if I paid hard earned cash and then got robbed off cash+item by FC.

Means said not so long ago that he (FC) has supprise for us - so they lunch crap event so in next friday they can tell us, that during to HUGE TIME SINKING mess caused by hacker (bla bla bla) we can't show u (put here any expected thingy). Soowyyyy!

/lol at FC
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

^^ haha yes, this.

No official response probably means we're right and there ARE people ingame now with "stolen" bracers and DIGAMMA Armor? All they had to do was trading it?

LOL!

Way to go...

Or it means that people are still on vacation and moving across an ocean.

What's with people just jumping to the worst conclusion possible and acting like it's fact without any kind of proof?
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

I'd hope FC would have good enough logging tools that they could track not only who picked an item up but who it was traded to as well.

So far FC proved that if something can go wrong with AO, it will ... so yea Ayria, that might draw ppls into thinking the worse.
    Proof ? "There will be no camping in SL " tm

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast