Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 18.4.3 Update Release Notes

It is a lot easier to make a decent 200 toon than it is to make a decent 214 toon, which means both sides can balance each other out just fine. Perks are completely OP in that range and some professions simply lack a toolset to compete in this range.

Think there will be a hoarde of 200/30/70 BS twinks looming in this range? You are a complete idiot if you think so, it would take a month to get that, so ignoring the actual effort involved to do so is short-sighted to say the least.

200 is a PVM capping point and those PVM toons will stand up to PVPers quite fine. The majority of encounters will be 165-170 tower toons having very difficult times killing a 200 enforcer, doctor, crat etc. 175 means professions like engies can have a chance thanks to new tools, 190 shades become more dangerous...I could go on forever about how 190-200 is a balancing point for ALL professions.

The main thing is, unless there are 220 BS ranges there will ALWAYS be a lower end in the range. Someone will have a disadvantage regardless of what you do, so stop complaining because this is about as good as it can get and you can simply level if you don't like it. Honestly, I'd like to hear a player with a 165-170 twink who is not rejoicing about this change rather than some guy who thinks the advantages of being 200 are completely OP compared to, oh I don't know, the advantages of perfected bracers, masterpiece bracers, 300 AI armor sets, xan weapons, 210-214 nanos, SL perks, up to 300 more skill points, xan beta symbs...against 175-200 toons.
    Last edited by Gatester; Jan 12th, 2011 at 16:41:06.

174 -> 200 BS change
    IPR thank you..
    when you change the lvl ranges like that, I suggest that you compensate, as you did when you launched LE..
    Toons have been set up for 174, adjusting them for 200 is yet another business.
    At least for the physic init bow users, as there are no high QL physic init bows, they are all ranged init (except for the profession (MP/MA) and breed (opifex) locked ones) [remove breed/profession locks and/or new bows is another alternative].
    A reset Computer Literacy would also be beneficial.

Personally I would like a lvl drain to 150, as lvl 200 and 220 actually does not interest me, as I find the RK contents to be the most fun and balanced.

Reroll some might say?
    1) I do not think it is the players responsibility that the developers drastically change the game.
    2) getting the 900+ nanos, items, research AI lvls again.. not my type of fun.

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky

QL 200+ physic init bows with locks:
    Breed locked bow:
    Bow of Belith
    Profession locked bow(there are more):
    Bow of Sympathy

Attack time being coupled with AS cooldown makes them way less useful, than their faster Ranged Init counterparts, that shine in higher damage (DPS) too.
    Physic init bows is a strange thing in AO; you need the right breed and profession to use them..
    Confuses a lot of newcommers too, as they raise physic init as they get better bows, till they reach QL 200 and see (unless they have right breed/profession) bows are ranged init.

But that might be up for the re-balancing, though it is a thing that this 174 ->200 change is affected a lot by, for physic init bow users.
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    Do you just like to complain about everything FC does or does someone pay you for it?
    This is going in my sig.

Why not just have one BS where all current normal pvp level ranges apply?

For those who dont like that idea, keep the current BS's and ad a new "all levels" BS.
    why Why WHY ?!?!?!

^^ beacuse how do you handle more than 1 person of diffferent level ranges capping a point ALONGSIDE the same thing happening simultaneously for the opposite faction that can't attack you?

i.e. It won't work.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

I log in to find my entire GUI reset to default.

My inventory and bank are jumbled all to hell and back.

Even all the custom names on my bags are reset.

Are you kidding me???

Why ppl cry about 170 and 174 twinks like they will need to lvl to 200 just cause bs changed to 200? Those are tower twinks, not bs twinks.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quick question: HP was only reduced on 195+ alien mission mobs, right? Subjectively it seemed like the aliens in today's salvage mission went down faster than the aliens in yesterday's mission, but they were all lvl 183-187. I'm probably just imagining things, but curious if anyone else is imagining the same things .

Edit: To clarify, if this was changed IMHO that's probably a good thing, as some classes were apparently having trouble with these missions at lvls below 195.
    Last edited by JustinSane4; Jan 12th, 2011 at 23:38:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    ^^ beacuse how do you handle more than 1 person of diffferent level ranges capping a point ALONGSIDE the same thing happening simultaneously for the opposite faction that can't attack you?

i.e. It won't work.
    It would work just fine. Level 10 toon caps point while 220 watches. 220 recaps. Both stare at each other for a while. /pulp. /disco. /backflip. Hate tells. Sit and spin. Lather, rinse, repeat. So pretty much the way BS works now really.

Quote Originally Posted by Moocow View Post

Are you kidding me???
    I'd hate to say I told you so, but...
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

Now for a less rude response...

Are you kidding me???
    The odds are high that the answer to one of the following questions will determine the reason for your issue.

Which operating system are you using?

What is the folder location of your AO installation?

Have you rebooted your computer since installing the patch & logging in to find these changes?

Are you using a 3rd party GUI?
    Last edited by Tazalanche; Jan 13th, 2011 at 01:33:39.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post

i.e. It won't work.
    Capping a point would change from physically using a control panel to "holding" a position. The sum of all players on the capping location would determine that groups capping strength. 3 level 60's could hold a cap point over a single 170, but a 200 would cap over the 3 60's. Remove capping ability for mechs, turrets or players in conceal and its viable. We would also need to fix the pvp ranges so that 220's wouldn't be killing every 175-205 like they were nothing.

This would be a pain in the ass but it would work if players lose their sense of battlestation being a solo affair and utilize teamwork and chat to redirect an array of players as needed. As the majority of players would be 220s this means that the primary players would be those 220s and players would be allowed to use whatever character they wished to participate in a group pvp effort.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    Why ppl cry about 170 and 174 twinks like they will need to lvl to 200 just cause bs changed to 200? Those are tower twinks, not bs twinks.
    Why is common sense like this so hard to find?

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    lawl since when is a level 174 guy considered a tower twink? people leveled to 174 because of BS not because of towers.
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Strupstad View Post
    I'd hate to say I told you so, but...
    Well unfortunately I didn't start playing again until well into December and don't normally read the forums often.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    Now for a less rude response...
    The odds are high that the answer to one of the following questions will determine the reason for your issue.

Which operating system are you using?

What is the folder location of your AO installation?

Have you rebooted your computer since installing the patch & logging in to find these changes?

Are you using a 3rd party GUI?
    Windows 7 x64

Default installation folder.

No

No

I've already set my GUI back up similar to what it was but my bank is a complete mess! I had tons of named bags sorted in a particular fashion and now **** is everywhere

there's the fault

NEVER EVER INSTALL AO IN PROGRAM FILES!!

WoW was clever and made default folder users/public

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky View Post
    174 -> 200 BS change
    IPR thank you..
    when you change the lvl ranges like that, I suggest that you compensate, as you did when you launched LE..
    Toons have been set up for 174, adjusting them for 200 is yet another business.
    They can stay 174 ...
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Manaas View Post

there's the fault

NEVER EVER INSTALL AO IN PROGRAM FILES!!

WoW was clever and made default folder users/public
    No, it was just made in a time when Windows 98 wasn't the target OS.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Well unfortunately I didn't start playing again until well into December and don't normally read the forums often.

Windows 7 x64

No

No

I've already set my GUI back up similar to what it was but my bank is a complete mess! I had tons of named bags sorted in a particular fashion and now **** is everywhere
    Need to log in after a patch then log back out wihtout changing anything, next time you log in all your prefs should be back to normal.
    Still here

* Key binding for mouse buttons is now enabled.
    Nice!
    Could you guys also add "Change Fight Target" (which is now Shift+Q) and "Show Frames" (Alt + Ctrl + F) into bind menu?
    Dragocz RK1

Quote Originally Posted by Dragocze View Post
    Nice!
    Could you guys also add "Change Fight Target" (which is now Shift+Q) and "Show Frames" (Alt + Ctrl + F) into bind menu?
    As well as:
    - move cursor while in chat mode
    - mover character while in chat mode
    - select text while in chat mode

I liked that you guys were improving the chat system to make it more in line with more common chat systems. I thought it was a work in progress. First you made it slightly better, then you made it worse. There is the potential to make it really good, and I was hoping to see at least a step in that direction in these update notes. Are you still working on it, or you gave up now that it's even worse then before?
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast