Thread: Battle station bug

Battle station bug

I am not sure is this new, but since i have not played BS in a while, i just discovered it, and it is extremly annoying...

I get attacked in A by apt. I manage to escape and while being at half hp i zone to B. I sit down and try to heal myself but i get msg that i can not be in fight to use the item. I zone to C and i still cant heal myself. I zone to core and im still at half hp and i still cant heal myself. Since BS was almost empty, and my heal delta pretty sucky, all i was able to do was to wait for someone to kill me... It happened few times...

I am not sure is that how it s supposed to be, but again... it s very annoying.
    President of Mayhem (OTC)

It's because the person hasn't hit Q to stop attacking you. Only thing you can do is die, or wait until your attacker engages another target.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Ye, i understand it is because someone is keeping me in fight... but it s really stupid that someone is able to keep me in fight for 10 mins while i run and change zones... So semi-afk turet in A is messin me up while im in core...
    President of Mayhem (OTC)

They really should fix that.

Once you move outside a certain range, attackers should automatically disengage.

Allows people to escape and also encourages attackers to follow you.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Tactic behind this is, to avoid your target to get into a safe spot to mech up and wtfpwn you. And it surely is annoying as hell. WTB fix!

Shadow Atlantians

= Tikra :: 220 Advy (Inf Hater) | Inevitable :: 220 Crat (Hunting stuffz) | Gotnobuffs :: 210 MP (TS Totem) | Atlantiana :: 200 Solja (Clueless Blondie) =
    = Unabletonuke :: 160 NT (Kitehill Victim) | Aliumeater :: 150 MA (S10 Citizen) | Canhazcalms :: 100 Froob Crat (Foremans Slave) | Canhazbaffs :: 163 Froob Agent (Buffbox) =

PVM all the way

Add the level skill lock to the teleporters too, all those players abusing single teleporter to go back and forth will stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikra View Post
    Tactic behind this is, to avoid your target to get into a safe spot to mech up and wtfpwn you. And it surely is annoying as hell. WTB fix!
    The real asshats tab Q you when you are in mech, so you can't demech for the entire round.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

considering the whole battlestation is one single zone, its unlikely to be fixed. much like in a sl/rk/le mish, where you hit up/down button to escape mob, but you cant sit and heal because your still in combat, because the whole dungeon is one single zone.

in bs i can run to anywhere without ever using the lifts (which is stupid slow).

one method that might work (at least it used to i think) is to go into sneak mode, if you have enough concealment when out of range. doubt it does though when in combat mode.

couple things they need to fix/add:

1) if you are being attacked by a mech/turret/person, you should still be able to mech if out of range.

2) create a battlestation only stim (buyable with vp) that stops everyone from attacking you if you are out of sight (possibly a certain distance away, like 100m) of person/people who have you under attack.

3) create a lockout when using a lift in bs, that prevents you from using another lift, or the same one for 10s or so.

this would limit the spoity behaviour that happens in bs, while leaving the rest of the game unchanged, as im certain the mechanics in normal pvm are intended (although not being able to sit and heal when a mob is unable to reach you is beyond me in terms of logic).
    Last edited by SoapTarder; Jan 31st, 2011 at 02:00:43.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Metafizis View Post
    The real asshats tab Q you when you are in mech, so you can't demech for the entire round.
    I been held in combat like that by nt's, god how annoying!

Quote Originally Posted by techprince View Post
    Add the level skill lock to the teleporters too, all those players abusing single teleporter to go back and forth will stop.
    this! and fix concealment abusing after zoning thru porter while infight.
    Yeny | Intake | Rhiya | Juiya | Evilshadey | Infamous | Ntlein | Riya | Aryna | Pastafari | Badcore | Palsy | ...and more...

Quote Originally Posted by Means in Friday with Means - February 24th, 2011 - The dust is settling
    We are not going to be able to release the engine in Q1 but we are still hoping for an "Early Beta" in Q1 or early Q2

Quote Originally Posted by Metafizis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lletah View Post
    I been held in combat like that by nt's, god how annoying!
    Easy fix to that, type /terminate

macroed it by now

Quote Originally Posted by -yeny- View Post
    this! and fix concealment abusing after zoning thru porter while infight.
    Thats not so dangerous...the thing is that you stop attacking as you are zoning, which is the issue. It's better that you get to keep combat-mode on as you jump through, if they want it that way tho.

In pvm is quite a usefull mechanic when using lifts as a stealthclass so.

Quote Originally Posted by techprince View Post
    Need to lock per teleporter then, so you are still able to run relativly fast from A->C->Mid else it will be extremely easy for people to camp A->Mid for example

macroed it by now

Thats not so dangerous...the thing is that you stop attacking as you are zoning, which is the issue. It's better that you get to keep combat-mode on as you jump through, if they want it that way tho.

In pvm is quite a usefull mechanic when using lifts as a stealthclass so.
    well... they sneak on other side of porter while you have them in fight and when you zone after em they are vanished for you... it´s annoying.

funcom changed the complete sneak/conceal/perception-system in one of the latest patches and they didnt announced anything. actually you can sneak ANYWHERE with a lvl1 toon without beeing seen by a 220 ADV until he uses the "Search" tool. thats why some docs, solds, etc. sneak in BS at cap terminals and laugh about the zerg that runs past em^^
    Yeny | Intake | Rhiya | Juiya | Evilshadey | Infamous | Ntlein | Riya | Aryna | Pastafari | Badcore | Palsy | ...and more...

Quote Originally Posted by Means in Friday with Means - February 24th, 2011 - The dust is settling
    We are not going to be able to release the engine in Q1 but we are still hoping for an "Early Beta" in Q1 or early Q2

funcom changed the complete sneak/conceal/perception-system in one of the latest patches and they didnt announced anything. actually you can sneak ANYWHERE with a lvl1 toon without beeing seen by a 220 ADV until he uses the "Search" tool. thats why some docs, solds, etc. sneak in BS at cap terminals and laugh about the zerg that runs past em^^
    My TL7s can still see the little level 15 twinks that sneak around bor flagged...im pretty sure the random profs that sneak in BS have IP'd/buffed conceal to do so, not to mention the conceal buffs included in things like CS armour.
    Vitaliy - 220/30 NM NT
    Vitiate - 220/30 Soli Crat
    Paralympics - 220/30 NM Agent
    Vitx - 150/20 Opi Tarder

Paradise & Parasite

lately i often sneaked in bs at omni spawn with doc, engi and sold. none of these is a real sneak class^^ none of em has conceal IPed. no one saw me. it seems a bit buggy but we allrdy tested it with a lvl1 char and a 220 advy. it should be fixed as it was before imo.

Then is less passive combat and more active combat now. Is imo good they develope for people that are playing stealth.

I see people sneaking tho when I run into a zone, are u sure ur correct?
    Last edited by Lletah; Feb 10th, 2011 at 15:18:23.

Thats a BS bug as well.

Sometimes when you "soft" or "hard" zone in BS 1, 2 or all pets vanishes completely and you have to recast then. And I'm pretty sure its not charms.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Then is less passive combat and more active combat now. Is imo good they develope for people that are playing stealth.

I see people sneaking tho when I run into a zone, are u sure ur correct?
    yes i´m sure. tested and prooven :P it´s broken anyway. how can a doc sneak between 5-8 enemies?...^^ or how can a lvl1 char vanish for 220 advys?^^ hard/soft-zoning + vicinity range are important. dunno exactly in what case it allways works. like i said. it´s broken.