Thread: game crashes a lot on login

game crashes a lot on login

Are you experiencing this as well, or I'm the only sad SOB? I use Win7
    (i took a break of 2 months, and it was OK before)
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

same here win7 64bit , doesnt happen every time, but sometime it takes 3-4 tries to get logged in.

Win7 32Bit works fine here.
    Kloper 220/30/70 Enforcer

Make sure to give AO admin mode and have it installed in the Programs ( x86) Folder , NOT the normal Programs folder.
    MA 4 Life ... No matter how hard you try, you can't put us down.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are Players below 220
    -there are Players without Towers
    -there are Players without full Org-Benefits
    -there are free Players

not a hardware/software issue on our side. cupple in org has it to. me included.

it still havent crashed on my side but Login engine is slow. so stuck on checking for patch for about 30sec.
    same whit org mates

started 2 days ago btw
    Thabeast 220 Engineer
    Rylourne 220 Enforcer
    Annasan 220 Soldier
    Annamorgane 220 doc
    Psyfreakout 220 crat
    Nanobots 220 Nano-Technician
    Shadowlordi 220 shade
    Ifixnotalot 220Fixer
    Milajojovich 213 Agent (soon to be 220)
    SneakyBeast 200 Agent

Equilibrium

you can tell me what you want, but the last 20 years internet, we always had "slow" days within the net, whenever there is i.e. a war breaking out anywhere or some desaster loads up the internet more then usual.

this high load out of hard incrased net traffic results sometimes in connection lag, not only AO is affected by this phenomen.

that is ofcause only one possible reason for this kind of problems and may not be the source of your logon problems, but as said, whenever i couldnt logon and made a traceroute to the FC servers, i see the line broken i.e. in Frankfurt (im in Germany) ..

Win7_64 here and all logon errors i had so far, had their source outside of FC.
    The "inside FC" problems seem to affect everyone, as there are threads growing fast, whenever people cant login.

if you have nothing changed before and it was always ok, i'd suggest some patience.
    if im right with what i wrote above, this problem will be gone in 2 or 3 days without doing anything.

I made my own folder in my Users Profile folder "Games" and I placed my AO install there, instead of the Programs folder or X86 programs folder, and I have not had one issue
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

Win 7, 64 bit; 0 issues.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Win 7 64 bit, previously crashed a lot on logins, especially after 2 month AO break. Reinstalled AO, problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Dollcet View Post
    Make sure to give AO admin mode and have it installed in the Programs ( x86) Folder , NOT the normal Programs folder.
    Don't listen to that. The game is old and does not know how work to work with all the fancy win vista/7 functions.

Make sure the game is far away from program files or program files (x86).
    Install it in C://Games for example.
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

Vista 64 bit
    C://Games

Had no issues till today started crashing on login.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

7 32 and i never crash on login, BUT logout crash 2/3 times -_-.
    Vikkyh - 220/30 NM NT Damage Setup<==>Def Setup
    Butsufixa - 220/25 Opi Fixer Noobstick fixer
    Zentradi - 220/30 Trox Sold Solid phat ass
    Nebul4 - 220/21 Soli Crat Not even funny