Thread: Mezz bug ?

Mezz bug ?

I don t know if it s related to 18.4 but since a week or 2, it happen to me all the time.
    When mezzing mobs on my crat or NT, those mobs continue to hit even if mezzes are still active in the nano target window.
    Pande can be a complete nightmare when pinks move freely or heal everything around while mezzed or TNH under LMN that continu to hit team.

Some mezz break without any reason too. Am I the only one with this problem ??
    Vikkyh - 220/30 NM NT Damage Setup<==>Def Setup
    Butsufixa - 220/25 Opi Fixer Noobstick fixer
    Zentradi - 220/30 Trox Sold Solid phat ass
    Nebul4 - 220/21 Soli Crat Not even funny

It happens that they have a fighting target when someone debuffed them (UBT for example) when they were already calmed. That's pretty much just visual though, they cannot really attack or cast nanos in that case.

Otherwise I dunno what you mean
    Marijke88::220|30|70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Phexuz::220|30|70 Opifex Fixer
    Doppelripp::220|30|70 Opifex Bureaucrat
    Arbitrage::220|30|70 Opifex Trader
    Truxal::220|30|70 Opifex Doctor
    Brennstab::220|30|70 Opifex Nano-Technician
    Wurstmacher::200|30|70 Opifex Shade

Proud Advisor of Insomnia Gravis
    Account created: 2005-01-13

I do countless of SL dungeon runs for weird looking nanos in chests. While doing this, I mezz hundreds of mobs per day. And I know of two very common calm bugs.

1. I cast mezz on a mob (that haven't attacked me yet) but it doesn't attack me for a split second before it becomes calmed (which it should do). When this happens, there's a good chance that the mob will attack me a good 20 seconds later (when it finally realizes that I was there) and then I have to run back and re-mezz it. I'm not lagging in any way during this.

2. I run into a room, mezz 2 mobs (that both had aggroed me already) and try to open a chest. I get a message saying that I'm under attack. I see that both mobs have the mezz-effect around them and I see in my chat window that mezz landed on both of them. But one of them is still attacking me. It is however the same type of attack that you get when you mezz a mob and then debuff it. It's attacking you but not moving and not actually doing damage to you. The bug here is that no debuff was cast on the mob and there's no reason why this should happen. The mob also didn't hit me so there's no damage-shield, proc or such involved either.

This happens 1-2 times per dungeon and I kill 40% of the mobs in each dungeon so that's a fairly frequent occurrence and is easy to reproduce (I spend 10-15 min on each dungeon run). Just run through a dungeon as fast as you can and open chests and mezz mobs in your way and you will see it happen from time to time.

This has been going on for at least a year as far as I can remember. It's nothing new (relatively speaking).

I have not seen the specific bug that the OP is talking about (yet). At least I don't think I have. i have seen a calm bug in pande that sounds very similar though and that has been going on for like a year as well (or more). You mezz a portal-boss while dealing with adds, then your raid starts killing the portal boss but the calm wont end so the boss is hitting your tank, while having that huge out-of-combat-heal-delta. The way to "fix" this is for everyone to stop attacking completely and then start again so that the calm will end (this happens in other places as well, so it's not just pande)
    Last edited by Wrangeline; Apr 3rd, 2011 at 03:00:10.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

The dungeon problem is well known and pretty old yes. It even happen between lifts wich is pretty annoying. So as the still mezzed mob under attack.

I ll try to make the mob aggro before i mezz it to see if it change something.
    Vikkyh - 220/30 NM NT Damage Setup<==>Def Setup
    Butsufixa - 220/25 Opi Fixer Noobstick fixer
    Zentradi - 220/30 Trox Sold Solid phat ass
    Nebul4 - 220/21 Soli Crat Not even funny

the only time i came across this kind of "bug" was when i used LMN first and then landed normal mezz while LMN was still running.

When LMN runs out, normal mezz will still appear in NCU window but the mob walks freely. I think they also do attack but ever since i had it happen the first time, i figured i'd just remezz the mob after lmn is out

Join the queue behind the snare bugs.
    They are more plentiful and happen 100% of the time.

Bump though, i like calms to stick
    Last edited by Dreamer; Apr 4th, 2011 at 14:17:38.
    Wake me up when West Athen is full of tl7 pvp again!!

There are also a bug where ppl with reflect will aggro mobs that wasnt agroable and wasnt attacked. Also it breaks Calms w/o a reason. - Not so easy to reproduce
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

The Mezz effect to wipe the hate list is not 100% especially in SL's since the NR nurf. It is why when you mezz a mob it can still have agro and attack if in melee range when in sl's but it is rooted, so mezz it again.

Less of a issue on RK but can also happen there

Quote Originally Posted by zorxer View Post
    the only time i came across this kind of "bug" was when i used LMN first and then landed normal mezz while LMN was still running.

When LMN runs out, normal mezz will still appear in NCU window but the mob walks freely. I think they also do attack but ever since i had it happen the first time, i figured i'd just remezz the mob after lmn is out
    LMN and JLMN both have a cooldown effect, if mezz is broken or times out that mob cannot be remezzed for 10 Minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    There are also a bug where ppl with reflect will aggro mobs that wasnt agroable and wasnt attacked. Also it breaks Calms w/o a reason. - Not so easy to reproduce
    Lol when LoX got launched in 2009 we had this happen in Mitaar oO. The Doc positioned himself on the platforms where Spirits spawn and when they popped one or two of them died to the Doc's reflect shield... ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Borken
    LMN and JLMN both have a cooldown effect, if mezz is broken or times out that mob cannot be remezzed for 10 Minutes.
    He's talking about first using LMN, then recalming with SL calm.
    Marijke88::220|30|70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Phexuz::220|30|70 Opifex Fixer
    Doppelripp::220|30|70 Opifex Bureaucrat
    Arbitrage::220|30|70 Opifex Trader
    Truxal::220|30|70 Opifex Doctor
    Brennstab::220|30|70 Opifex Nano-Technician
    Wurstmacher::200|30|70 Opifex Shade

Proud Advisor of Insomnia Gravis
    Account created: 2005-01-13

Marijke you cant, once the 30 second mezz times out or its mezz is broken the mob gets a new buff that blocks all mezz attempts for 10 minutes http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=267536

That (should) only block (j)LMN from being used again. The other Mezzes land with/after LMN is used they just don't work properly.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Borken View Post
    Marijke you cant, once the 30 second mezz times out or its mezz is broken the mob gets a new buff that blocks all mezz attempts for 10 minutes http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=267536
    have you ever played a crat???

The way I understand it, the bug with LMN + regular mezz running at the same time comes from the LMN running out and therefore removing the 'Pacify' state whilst the other mezz still stays in the ncu? But that's a pure assumption on my side.

edit: i don't see how this would happen with any other 'Nano' mezz because they should all be in the same calm line with a proper stacking order however stuns might be causing similar issue - that is assuming a stunned mob is calmed whilst 'Stunned' is running and again could wipe status and leave the mezz nano running. Maybe thats where the rare issue comes from when you mezz a mob in fight when something goes wrong/by mistake and as you keep pounding on, it enjoys the 'out of fight' HD?
    Last edited by zorxer; Apr 6th, 2011 at 22:42:39.

another common mezz/calm bug that i know of occurs when you calm a mob while it is casting a nuke. the mob usually continues to cast the nuke after being calmed, and if you have any sort of damage shield when the nuke hits you, it hits the calmed mob and breaks the calm; requiring you to calm mob again. this bug occurs with stuns/mezzes too, but obviously they only last a few seconds and its just irritating.

course, this is an old bug, not likely what OP was referring too.
    Last edited by SoapTarder; Apr 7th, 2011 at 05:25:59. Reason: clarity
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.