Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Anniversary Items

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Much like every Halloween and the Uncle Pumpkinheads, you need to go kill things to get loot. =)
    I really don't think killing something is the issue, I wouldn't mind hunting for a Clio - however, hunting for misc items so that other people can get the Clio while I have no chance.... nothing in common with Halloween.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Someone on RK1 was cool enough to set up an informative bot for this event. To see it on Atlantean, "/tell guestbot !10"

Quote Originally Posted by guestbot

1) Desert Nomads

The Desert Nomads can be found in pretty much any desert area of the following zones. They may wander slightly into other areas.

Mort (150ish)
    Anywhere. Most common around the crater.

Newland Desert (30ish)
    Can be found anywhere aside from MMD Forest.

West Perpetual Wastelands (200+)
    Found anywhere to the West that is not tall forest or canyon.

West Broken Shores (110 - 150?)
    The Deserts around Crypt of Home and West of the City of Home

1.2) Desert Nomad Lewt

Desert Nomads may drop the following items:

Adventurer Figurine
    Agent Figurine
    Bureaucrat Figurine
    Doctor Figurine
    Enforcer Figurine
    Engineer Figurine
    Fixer Figurine
    Keeper Figurine
    Martial Artist Figurine
    Meta-Physicist Figurine
    Nano-Technician Figurine
    Shade Figurine
    Soldier Figurine
    Trader Figurine
    Eyepatch
    Rainbow Afro Wig NODROP UNIQUE
    Leet Fizz Especial - Ten Year Reserve
    Birthday Cake - Tenth Anniversary
    Coming Soon T-Shirt
    The Heckler Shirt NODROP UNIQUE
    Mr. Squeaky Lantern NODROP UNIQUE BROKEN
    (Combine with Screwdriver to change to Shoulder Slot)
    Leet Pinata
    Addict T-Shirt - Black NODROP
    (Rightclicked to White Version)
    Nano Crystal (Robotoy Series 1) NODROP UNIQUE
    (Spawns 1 of 4 pets on cast. A Zix, A Lord of the Void, A Roboleet, or Crat Ninjabot)
    Nano Crystal (Mr. Wheelie Series 1) NODROP UNIQUE
    (Rubber Duckie on Wheels pet)
    Miiir Handbags - Anarchaic Collection
    Birthday Placard - QQ NODROP
    (Rightclick to change message)
    Play Costume - Third Edition NODROP
    Rollerrat in a Cage

Suits All NODROP
    Cragg's Orange Tuxedo
    Starla's Red Tuxedo
    Boudart's Pink Tuxedo

Desert Nomad Armor NODROP
    Nomad Armor scales in QL based on the Nomad's Level. The buffs are generally the same as Lya Sangi's Armors from Halloween, but looks far better.

Chest - Melee Skills
    Sleeves - Bow, Stam, Str
    Helmet - Int & Psy
    Gloves - Weapon Inits & Misc
    Cloak - Nanoskills, Nano Init, HP
    Boots - Piercing, Melee Inits, Misc
    Legs - Ranged Skills

2) Sandstorms

Sandstorms are GM spawned events in which Lvl 30 to 300 Desert Nomads appear within Perpetual Wastelands, Broken Shores, Mort, and Newland Desert.
    The timing for these is given by system message. They are not always occurring.

3) The Tinker

The Tinker is a NPC outside of Stolt's (Loc) that asks for various Birthday items which drop on Desert Nomads (Section 3.2). Once 5,000 are gathered, she will spawn a Level 220 Birthday Present and the Desert Rider encounter will begin.

3.2) The Tinker's Birthday Parts

The Tinker wants the following items. It doesn't matter which are given, as long as she gets enough to spawn the encounter. Anyone can trader her items to increase the counter.

Electrical Wire
    Delicious Chewing Gum (Chewed Chewing Gum works as well. Right click to chew it)
    Super Effective Tape
    Paper Clip
    Gift Wrapping Paper
    Beautiful Ribbon Bow
    Plastic Container with Strange Powder

4) The Desert Rider

Due to the large amount of players engaged in the encounter, turn all view distances to minimums. Keep effects on to see Fanatic Desert Nomad's AoE.

The Desert Rider is a 220 Plainscale that appears to the East of Stolt's Trading Outpost in Newland Desert (Loc). Appears with several Right Hand minions.

This encounter will occur once The Tinker has 5,000 Holiday Items. See Section 3.2 for list.

Once the Rider spawns, it will slowly walk towards Stolt's (and Birthday Gift). When it arrives, the gift will explode killing the Right Hands and kbing anyone nearby.

Enraged, The Rider will call his minions, Fanatic Desert Nomads, to attack anyone on his hatelist (attacking the Rider). These adds function like Fanatics from Inner Sanctum, moving near attackers than AoE suicide attack up to 15k.

The Fanatics will continue to spawn as the main boss is up, so quickly take it down. Once the raid is over, all corpses have a TWO minute rot timer. Loot quick. Expect douchebaggery.

4.2) The Desert Rider's Goodies

The Fanatic Desert Nomads will drop the following items:
    1x Nano Crystal (Termileetz00r)
    (Spawns a Mech Leet Pet)
    1x The Final Dinner Poster
    5x Nippontech 'Metsuki' Sight Overlay Device - Red/Yellow/Blue/Green NODROP UNIQUE

The Desert Rider himself will drop the following items:
    6x Phasefront Clio
    (Permanent Nano-Vehicle)
    6x Vacuum Packed Desert Nomad Suit
    (Spawns a full set QL 300 Nomad Armor)

Also, under the Rider's corpse will spawn a Glowing Urn (Up for 2 mins). Which on use spawns a Ganimedes Personal Jetpack in your inventory.

(Visor Version enabled by Screwdriver)

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    I really don't think killing something is the issue, I wouldn't mind hunting for a Clio - however, hunting for misc items so that other people can get the Clio while I have no chance.... nothing in common with Halloween.
    Exactly.

Much like every Halloween and the Uncle Pumpkinheads, you need to go kill things to get loot. =)
    So, just for clarification since you're here Kintaii, do you consider the Desert Rider to be "working as intended"?
    Last edited by Siahanor; Jun 28th, 2011 at 20:58:32.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    So, just for clarification since you're here Kintaii, do you consider the Desert Rider to be "working as intended"?
    Far as I can tell it is. I didn't make the event myself, so my knowledge of some of its mechanics are a bit slim, but from everything I can see it's working fine - Maybe some tweaks to make before next year, but overall I'd say its precisely what we were looking for; everyone can get the majority of the birthday content, there's one 'somewhat rare item' for people to strive for, and now that the typical "first forty-eight hours after patch" rush has died down a bit things seem to be going great. =)

The majority of the negative feedback thus far has revolved around the fact that the Clio takes effort to get. This was intended. With all of the rest of the items being easy to obtain, one single item being a bit more difficult and involved than the others is a good thing. If you want a Clio off of the Desert Rider? Work for it - Plenty of others have. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by metaplex View Post
    OK, but you have to participate in one of the raids to get this stuff? Is there nowhere else to find them?
    You have to participate (i.e. be there) To get the following:

All other items are obtainable from the Desert Nomad mobs in Newland, Newland Desert, Broken Shores, Mort, and Perpertual Wastelands.
    The Independent Rubikans - The oldest Neutral Org on RK1! 10.5 years and counting!

Namiru - 210/30/58 Neutral Solitus Martial Artist, Advisor - Always accepting new students in the Art
    Thalona - 199/25/40 Neutral Solitus Meta-Physicist, Veteran - Pondering higher thought
    Weefleboy - 150/20/40 Neutral Opifex Fixer, Member - Wheeling and Dealing somewhere on RK.
    Johnnysokko - 60/6/14 Neutral Solitus Engineer, Member - Still trying to twink that Slayer on.
    Keepdafaith - 60/6/14 Neutral Atrox Keeper, Member - IR Temple Services
    Powerbender - 100/6/14 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician, Member
    Deleetful - 65/7/14 Neutral Solitus Adventurer, Applicant
    Lumbergh - 60/5/10 Neutral Nanomage Bureaucrat, Applicant - "M'yeah, I'm going to have to ask that you go ahead and come into work on Saturday...that would be great..."

If you want a Clio off of the Desert Rider? Work for it - Plenty of others have. =)
    I don't call performing slave labor so people who didn't collect **** can reap the benefits working for my reward.

Far as I can tell it is. I didn't make the event myself, so my knowledge of some of its mechanics are a bit slim, but from everything I can see it's working fine - Maybe some tweaks to make before next year, but overall I'd say its precisely what we were looking for; everyone can get the majority of the birthday content, there's one 'somewhat rare item' for people to strive for, and now that the typical "first forty-eight hours after patch" rush has died down a bit things seem to be going great. =)

The majority of the negative feedback thus far has revolved around the fact that the Clio takes effort to get. This was intended. With all of the rest of the items being easy to obtain, one single item being a bit more difficult and involved than the others is a good thing. If you want a Clio off of the Desert Rider? Work for it - Plenty of others have. =)
    >.> The CC warp, several ld and crash events are intented? (also is just impossible to kill nomads fanatics in time BOOM)
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

If that's what you think then I would definitely like for you to observe the event some time. Because the people who are working for it, 99% are not getting the rewards at all. I got a clio. I am not proud. All I did was run up and loot it (lucky as eff). I honestly didn't even attack the mob. The people who spend all day killing and farming the pieces, one of my orgmates has prolly spent 30+ hours farming and has been to 21 rider spawns now and has nothing to show from it. It takes no "effort" to get a clio..
    Last edited by Xirayne; Jun 28th, 2011 at 21:18:13.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    I don't call performing slave labor so people who didn't collect **** can reap the benefits working for my reward.
    The nature of a massively multiplayer online game is that, eventually, you will have to not only play with but rely on others to complete certain content. Additionally, in a game like Anarchy Online, you will also have to *compete* with others to complete your objective. You are as capable of dealing damage to a monster as another player - If another team is present then I suggest you work on out-damaging them to claim your reward. =)

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    >.> The CC warp, several ld and crash events are intented? (also is just impossible to kill nomads fanatics in time BOOM)
    As noted, now that we're past the initial "holy crap FC just patched we've gotta go get stuff NOOOOWWWWWWWWWW" rush that typically occurs directly after an update, those things are smoothing themselves out naturally. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

So, what you're saying, Kintaii, is that you DELIBRATELY wanted a "celebratory" event where the elite few reap the benefits from the work of the rest of the playerbase; leaving the majority of players, including 9-10 year veterans, feeling mistreated, maligned, frustrated and abused, and causing many players to decide not to bother renewing their paid subscriptions, costing the game players and money?

Excellent work, Kintaii. When the AO servers are forced to shut down, we'll know who put the nail in the coffin.
    Last edited by Namiru; Jun 28th, 2011 at 21:23:16.
    The Independent Rubikans - The oldest Neutral Org on RK1! 10.5 years and counting!

Namiru - 210/30/58 Neutral Solitus Martial Artist, Advisor - Always accepting new students in the Art
    Thalona - 199/25/40 Neutral Solitus Meta-Physicist, Veteran - Pondering higher thought
    Weefleboy - 150/20/40 Neutral Opifex Fixer, Member - Wheeling and Dealing somewhere on RK.
    Johnnysokko - 60/6/14 Neutral Solitus Engineer, Member - Still trying to twink that Slayer on.
    Keepdafaith - 60/6/14 Neutral Atrox Keeper, Member - IR Temple Services
    Powerbender - 100/6/14 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician, Member
    Deleetful - 65/7/14 Neutral Solitus Adventurer, Applicant
    Lumbergh - 60/5/10 Neutral Nanomage Bureaucrat, Applicant - "M'yeah, I'm going to have to ask that you go ahead and come into work on Saturday...that would be great..."

Work for it - Plenty of others have. =)
    i dont really consider standing around wiating for the rider to spawn then spamming "e" at 300 apm to open loot first as "work" but ./shrug

EDIT: more important question tho: when can we expect the clio in the "ingame" store ^_= and approx how much is it gonna set us back?

Thanks to everyone who answered my queries

As noted, now that we're past the initial "holy crap FC just patched we've gotta go get stuff NOOOOWWWWWWWWWW" rush that typically occurs directly after an update, those things are smoothing themselves out naturally. =)
    Ja ja I know, but... still... :3 Collecting items, feeding the last 100 items, making a org raid and... Doc warped out, MP crashed, 2NTs could only nuke once every 15s, MP relogs and take 15s just to start a fight, Eng only saw it popping, screen frozes, and after it down. ^^ Cool stuff really.

Im not complaining about the hardness to get a Clio, but the lack of server deal with 100+ people there. I remember being in a 120 beast raid, wasnt so awfull. Ever epic tara wars 100+ vs 100+ with all SBs being popped at once was "smoother".
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

If you want a Clio off of the Desert Rider? Work for it - Plenty of others have. =)
    I call BS!

The nature of a massively multiplayer online game is that, eventually, you will have to not only play with but rely on others to complete certain content. Additionally, in a game like Anarchy Online, you will also have to *compete* with others to complete your objective. You are as capable of dealing damage to a monster as another player - If another team is present then I suggest you work on out-damaging them to claim your reward. =)

Play with and rely on other people - you mean stand on the side, do jack s*** and come loot stuff ?
    Compete with others - you mean spamming 'E' to open loot ?
    As capable of doing damage to a monster - you mean that you purposely made a BIRTHDAY EVENT for TL7s ?!
    Even though the rush's over (it's lower, but not over, if you ask me) - there's still insane lag in the zone when that thing spawns, and it still sends people away due to your pathetic server's CC rules.

If all of this was intended... what can I say, why bother saying, you're worse then the a-holes that stood over the Torch to block it from the others to use.
    Go through the thread again, and note the problems, you've missed them all it seems.
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalDmg View Post
    Go through the thread again, and note the problems, you've missed them all it seems.
    And I also said that there were some tweaks that need to be made for next year. ;P I never said it was 'perfect' - There are some technical quibbles/issues that we'll look into for next time. The rest, however, is pretty much what we were looking for.

As for the TL7 bit: Every single item except the Clio can be received off of mobs that do not require high-level players to kill. Hyperbole doesn't help anyone with anything. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    i dont really consider standing around wiating for the rider to spawn then spamming "e" at 300 apm to open loot first as "work" but ./shrug
    That is exactly how it is lol very nice description

If you want a clio, wait for the rider to spawn, run out to nld, wait outside of the lagfest until the rider is about dead, rush to the mob as it dies, target the corpse, spam E, loot if it pops up, if you don't get it, wait a few hours and try again.
    There is nothing about killing nomads, there is nothing about effort, there is nothing about fun.

I am sorry but.. Very poorly thought out and I really wish you can learn what you did wrong here so future content doesn't get designed similarly

Seeing the rider killed by a few hundred players is very cool to watch, everything else about it falls flat on its face.

I was on a team with 220s, having a 220 myself, and watched as a teammate deliberately looted 3 of the mech leet pets. Like whats the use of that other than to prevent anyone else from getting one, since they are no drop items and cant be traded or sold. It is crap like this that makes it frustrating for everyone and not just the low levels. FC needs to seriously take this entire scenario back to the drawing board and work out the kinks, or they may find themselves losing a lot of players, and not just free ones.

As for the TL7 bit: Every single item except the Clio can be received off of mobs that do not require high-level players to kill. Hyperbole doesn't help anyone with anything. =)
    I think the main point was that the obviously interesting, unique and new thing about this celebration was this nomad raid thing. Everything else is the same as it was with Halloween and christmas and such (which is fine). The Newland Desert Nomad raid was the main attraction and everyone obviously wanted to experience it, be a part of it and all that.

But only tl7's get to take part and survive it (people that can't handle getting nuked for 6k damage repeatedly will die). Only tl7 will get to benefit from it. Only tl7 will have any chance at actually enjoying it and even most of them (it seems to me) didn't.

So what was supposed to make this 10'th year anniversary special, became an annoyance for most people, including a lot of tl7's.

I don't think it's too much to ask for FC to have a little bit more thought, consideration and tact put into these things.

It's easy to say that most of the stuff was available to everyone and that there's nothing wrong with having 1 item be harder to get. This has very little to do with the reality of the situation on a personal level though.

I personally can't say that this anniversary went off like I thought it should. When I think of a 10'th year anniversary of AO, I'm thinking of people getting together to have fun and share the festivities no matter what level they are. I'm thinking that there shouldn't be any stress or disappointment. I'm thinking that getting any items should be 1% of the effort and having fun with them should be 99% of the effort.

When I envision people celebrating AO like this, I envision them just getting the social stuff they want to get from some free vendor/NPC (or easy to find mobs) and then hurrying along to actually hang out, have fun and reminisce with fellow players. The last thing I think of is people scattered around for hours every day hunting relatively rare mobs on many alts, followed by complete frustration at the big event in NLD.

A 10'th year anniversary is about people and memories. At least to me it is. This event didn't help me like AO or remember AO as something good and long lasting in my life. It mostly annoyed me and then I was glad it was over. Not once did I feel like I was celebrating anything.

I dunno, I guess what I'm trying to say here is that the whole thing seemed to "miss the point" a bit for me.

*shrug*
    Last edited by Wrangeline; Jun 28th, 2011 at 21:50:37.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

That's the one item most of us refer to (the mech leet+poster+visors are somewhat more available), when we talk about how awful this "event" is. No one's referring to the items that drop off the regular nomads, not even the ql300 parts that drop in PW, it's all attainable - most of us are amazed at how badly thought out this EVENT (the Rider) is.
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    I personally can't say that this anniversary went off like I thought it should. When I think of a 10'th year anniversary of AO, I'm thinking of people getting together to have fun and share the festivities no matter what level they are. I'm thinking that there shouldn't be any stress or disappointment. I'm thinking that getting any items should be 1% of the effort and having fun with them should be 99% of the effort.

When I envision people celebrating AO like this, I envision them just getting the social stuff they want to get from some free vendor/NPC (or easy to find mobs) and then hurrying along to actually hang out, have fun and reminisce with fellow players. The last thing I think of is people scattered around for hours every day hunting relatively rare mobs on many alts, followed by complete frustration at the big event in NLD.

A 10'th year anniversary is about people and memories. At least to me it is. This event didn't help me like AO or remember AO as something good and long lasting in my life. It mostly annoyed me and then I was glad it was over. Not once did I feel like I was celebrating anything.

I dunno, I guess what I'm trying to say here is that the whole thing seemed to "miss the point" a bit for me.

*shrug*
    ^ Good post.
    Last edited by AhndraCorvid; Jun 28th, 2011 at 21:57:13.
    :E

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast