Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Anniversary Items

transforms you into the AI preorder leet pet leets (cheerleet, deleet, leetzilla etc etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    raids aren't supposed to be welfare events.
    This.

I guess they should lower Beast so a 47 MP can solo it, huh? If you want to do high level content, (and this is high level content), then level up.

Unless Im seriously mistaken, loot rights are universal on the Rider. Run ur lvl 1 in there after he dies and u have as good a chance as anyone in looting it.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    This.

I guess they should lower Beast so a 47 MP can solo it, huh? If you want to do high level content, (and this is high level content), then level up.

Unless Im seriously mistaken, loot rights are universal on the Rider. Run ur lvl 1 in there after he dies and u have as good a chance as anyone in looting it.
    Unless the Beast has suddenly become a special event supposedly celebrating the tenth anniversary of the game and supposedly open to all, apples to oranges.

Also, I've tried looting from the Rider and all I get is "There is nothing you can loot." in between "someone else is currently looting" messages. So unless they changed this very recently, no you cannot just go in and loot.

TUnless Im seriously mistaken, loot rights are universal on the Rider. Run ur lvl 1 in there after he dies and u have as good a chance as anyone in looting it.
    That is a rumor that has been debunked. Corpse is set to what ever raid leader sets loot to before killing it.
    The Independent Rubikans - The oldest Neutral Org on RK1! 10.5 years and counting!

Namiru - 210/30/58 Neutral Solitus Martial Artist, Advisor - Always accepting new students in the Art
    Thalona - 199/25/40 Neutral Solitus Meta-Physicist, Veteran - Pondering higher thought
    Weefleboy - 150/20/40 Neutral Opifex Fixer, Member - Wheeling and Dealing somewhere on RK.
    Johnnysokko - 60/6/14 Neutral Solitus Engineer, Member - Still trying to twink that Slayer on.
    Keepdafaith - 60/6/14 Neutral Atrox Keeper, Member - IR Temple Services
    Powerbender - 100/6/14 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician, Member
    Deleetful - 65/7/14 Neutral Solitus Adventurer, Applicant
    Lumbergh - 60/5/10 Neutral Nanomage Bureaucrat, Applicant - "M'yeah, I'm going to have to ask that you go ahead and come into work on Saturday...that would be great..."

FYI, I've made a definitie list of what everything drops and what's store only at http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=591495. I think that's everything.

If I missd something, let me know.
    The Independent Rubikans - The oldest Neutral Org on RK1! 10.5 years and counting!

Namiru - 210/30/58 Neutral Solitus Martial Artist, Advisor - Always accepting new students in the Art
    Thalona - 199/25/40 Neutral Solitus Meta-Physicist, Veteran - Pondering higher thought
    Weefleboy - 150/20/40 Neutral Opifex Fixer, Member - Wheeling and Dealing somewhere on RK.
    Johnnysokko - 60/6/14 Neutral Solitus Engineer, Member - Still trying to twink that Slayer on.
    Lumbergh - 60/5/10 Neutral Nanomage Bureaucrat, Applicant - "M'yeah, I'm going to have to ask that you go ahead and come into work on Saturday...that would be great..."

Quote Originally Posted by Namiru View Post
    That is a rumor that has been debunked. Corpse is set to what ever raid leader sets loot to before killing it.
    Sorry, I believe ur incorrect. I've done it.....twice.
    Once on Gun, and yes, I was in a raid..and just randomly looted the armor/Clio. The second time on Law. Dropped about 6 BPs of stuff into it and hung around for DD(solo). On a whim, I tried for and got loot...another Clio. (No armor, already farmed a 300 set on Law)
    Last edited by Gunfytr; Jul 3rd, 2011 at 04:03:52.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Sorry, I believe ur incorrect. I've done it.....twice.
    Once on Gun, and yes, I was in a raid..and just randomly looted the armor/Clio. The second time on Law. Dropped about 6 BPs of stuff into it and hung around for DD(solo). On a whim, I tried for and got loot...another Clio. (No armor, already farmed a 300 set on Law)

thats odd because i have had three very different experiences. today i was in the raid team that won the loot rights. Raid leader set loot to self, rolled random, and supervised looting. Couple of days ago i was in two different raids, one where we won loot and the leader never changed loot rights so it was free for all madness i was able to loot. Shortly there after, there was two raids battling for rights and we lost when i tried looting i got the "you are not a member of the looting team message. i am not saying that you are making that up, only that my experiences were different.

Loot belongs to team 1 of the raid that did the most DD.

But the timer for how long that lasts is really short on the nomad rider boss. You got like 15 seconds before the loot turns global. So team 1 has to loot the 6 yalms REALLY FAST before other people are able to ninja them.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    Loot belongs to team 1 of the raid that did the most DD.

But the timer for how long that lasts is really short on the nomad rider boss. You got like 15 seconds before the loot turns global. So team 1 has to loot the 6 yalms REALLY FAST before other people are able to ninja them.
    I think it's longer than 15 seconds. One raid I was on the raid leader set team loot:leader prior to raid, back to all during the raid (so people could loot Fanatics) and, then back to leader. End result: loot got bugged and he couldn't assign loot. No one could loot for 5 minutes after kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Namiru View Post
    I think it's longer than 15 seconds. One raid I was on the raid leader set team loot:leader prior to raid, back to all during the raid (so people could loot Fanatics) and, then back to leader. End result: loot got bugged and he couldn't assign loot. No one could loot for 5 minutes after kill.
    Ours didn't bug out so I can't speak to that. We use "loot set to all". Then 5 of us in team 1 loot clio's for like 15ish seconds and then someone not in our raid took the sixth yalm. There were 50+ people there trying to open loot like crazy so the only way 5/6 people in team 1 could get clios is if loot belonged to team 1 for a short while. And the only way a person not in our raid could get yalm number 6 after like 15-20 sec is if the loot went global then. So it's based on that logic that I maintain that loot belongs to team 1 of a raid for a short amount of time and then turns global.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

from my experience it works the same as any other boss in the game... you kill it has a brief minute or so of being locked to killing team before it becomes public.

If the kill team is a raid using loot rights it stops anyone else other than those assigned loot getting it, if they leave it as all by time everyone who dies from not taking care of the fanatics gets back the team loot lock is gone and everyone's just clicking madly.

We use "loot set to all".
    Why would you use that ? Sure have this setting so that people can loot fans, but make sure you switch to /team loot leader before boss goes down.
    With loot set to all it shouldn't only be team 1 that can loot, but the whole RI.

I've been on at least 10 raids on RK2 and not a single time loot went free for all. Neither have I heard this story in game. Also, not a single witness from the 'free-for-all-bug' literally mentions that /team loot leader was on. So as far as I know it's only a rumor.

However, people dying looks like a plausible explanation. If the leader or a lot of people zone out (die), loot settings tend to get bugged. I don't know how exactly this bug is caused. Normally it can be fixed by doing /team loot leader again (most efficient when leader actually is near the desert rider). Saving in NLD is probably good advice .
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Quote Originally Posted by Edta View Post
    Why would you use that ?
    We had no reason to use leader-loot. We're guildies and those that wanted yalm opened loot. There were no random people in our RI.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

We had no reason to use leader-loot. We're guildies and those that wanted yalm opened loot. There were no random people in our RI.
    Getting 30min to loot instead of 15sec looks like a great reason to me .
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)

Getting 30min to loot instead of 15sec looks like a great reason to me .
    So, are we agreeing that it's 15 sec or not?
    Because we didn't know it was 15 sec at the time. If this boss worked like any normal boss would then we would have had plenty of time to loot yalms before loot went global no matter what loot-setting we were using.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

So, are we agreeing that it's 15 sec or not?
    Because we didn't know it was 15 sec at the time. If this boss worked like any normal boss would then we would have had plenty of time to loot yalms before loot went global no matter what loot-setting we were using.
    Ooh, so that is your point.. /facepalm .
    I don't have any intel on that so I wouldn't know. (Yet I would guess it's 1min since that still is really short and probably feels like 15sec when you are looting )

Ooh, so that is your point.. /facepalm .
    I don't have any intel on that so I wouldn't know. (Yet I would guess it's 1min since that still is really short and probably feels like 15sec when you are looting )
    Or dealing with server lag.

Just did a RI with 3 teams, I set /team loot leader and pretty much set everything FFA, to the dismay of all the 220's in the raid, who were... no happy that I wanted to give everyone, including the lowbies, a chance to loot.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    Just did a RI with 3 teams, I set /team loot leader and pretty much set everything FFA, to the dismay of all the 220's in the raid, who were... no happy that I wanted to give everyone, including the lowbies, a chance to loot.
    You forgot that you looted on 2 chars before setting rest of loot ffa incase that slipped your mind.
    Crats pwn

Quote Originally Posted by Soliguy View Post
    You forgot that you looted on 2 chars before setting rest of loot ffa incase that slipped your mind.
    In every other raid I was in (except one, which was fair but I still didn't get anything) the Raid Leader would set the loot to his FRIENDS and ORGMATES ONLY, and then leave everyone with the annoying "There is nothing you can loot" message.

I looted on my 2 toons, yes. However I didn't restrict the rest to any particular person or group of people just because they knew me. It was FFA and high and low levels had an EQUAL chance to get a Clio or Nomad set.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast