Thread: what happened to that char login?

what happened to that char login?

not to long ago i remember seeing something about a new log in screen so that we didn't have to log completely out of the game to switch toons. what happened to that? was it scraped?
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

Question

Since I recently started extra characters, I noticed that if you hit F10 (options) and look to the lower left, there's an option to "Quit To Login." Your toon camps like it normally does, then you get a login screen without having to restart the game. Has that always been there or is that the new feature?
    Don't mind me. I'm just passin' through.
    ::CLAN ADV :Chairman's Prize for Holy LOL recipient: RK-I::
    The Red Brotherhood
    If this is gonna be that kind of party, I'm gonna stick my leet in the mashed potatoes.”

that's always been there

IIRC that never actually existed, it was just a non-functional sketch/mockup of how it would look like and work, built out of already existing game assets, if it got actually implemented.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

see the AOU Interview with Vhab for more information.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Honorbound View Post
    IIRC that never actually existed, it was just a non-functional sketch/mockup of how it would look like and work, built out of already existing game assets, if it got actually implemented.
    I assure you it exists
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Think it was the guy above me who was/is working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    I assure you it exists
    Any idea when we might get to use this excellent piece of extremely useful code that already exists
    Proud Member of Paradise

Think they needed artists to finish it up, no? So, there's their time to think of if they're busy doing other things... Maybe we'll get it when new engine comes out. (aka never ;D;D;D;D)
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    see the AOU Interview with Vhab for more information.
    thanks, I couldn't quite remember where I had saw it (was thinking FWM). so yeah, what happened to this, I tend to switch characters quite a bit to buff people and my own alts. would love to see this put into game soon.

Same..this would be really helpful.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Good to see more great stuff from you Vhab! Kudos! Look forward to the live release.
    Yagyu for life

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuza View Post
    Good to see more great stuff from you Vhab! Kudos! Look forward to the live release.
    yeah, 2017 will be great :-)
    220 Agent + :: 220 Doctor + :: 220 Soldier + :: 220 Enforcer + :: 220 Bureaucrat + :: 217 Adventurer + :: 217 Trader + :: 159 Engineer :: 112 Fixer

Inferno Travelguides

Quote Originally Posted by Keex View Post
    yeah, 2017 will be great :-)
    Didn´t you know? The world ends 2012, due to a funcom release.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Arriviste View Post
    Since I recently started extra characters, I noticed that if you hit F10 (options) and look to the lower left, there's an option to "Quit To Login." Your toon camps like it normally does, then you get a login screen without having to restart the game. Has that always been there or is that the new feature?
    I actually remember using that in 2002. For what it's worth.

think the calender got messed up by the Mayans, think when Romans rebuilt it were already passed the '2012' they thought due to not factoring leap years but thats chat in the pub with a few beers included.
    so free pinch of salt included. :P
    Ra, ra, ra the bot,
    gently down the lag.
    Happily killing clammers,
    rezzing's such a drag.

Hongkong Phooy 220/27/70
    Codexier 60/6/14
    Whosgotammo 150/13/38

Quote Originally Posted by Arriviste View Post
    Pretty sure it's always been there.
    Shortcut is Ctrl+F10
    Tools: AOCrafter | AOcrayon | GUISelect | WebCrafter

- Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.