• Pathfinding

62 8.55%
  • New Shadowlands Mission

251 34.62%
  • Towerwars changes

244 33.66%
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: You decide, first edition!

Personally, I'd love to see something RK-centric. Give froobs some love too.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Ooh, yeah I wanna change my answer. Take your mission idea and move it to RK, please.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

I wouldn't mind if FunCom simply upped the XP on RK missions for us who have all expansions (SL), meaning we could have some good old XP times with the Froobs, AND FunCom should have extended the missions too so we could get XP on RK up to 220.
    A lot of flies in 1 single smack there!
    Aggro™
    Proudly since 2001 when Anarchy Online was released.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggro View Post
    I wouldn't mind if FunCom simply upped the XP on RK missions for us who have all expansions (SL), meaning we could have some good old XP times with the Froobs, AND FunCom should have extended the missions too so we could get XP on RK up to 220.
    I like that idea!
    I have nothing to hide, but I value my privacy!
    I'm not on facebook, twitter or any other social media.
    I will never reveal my in-game characters or organizations on a public forum.
    If that upsets all the virtual exhibitionists, so be it!

Quote Originally Posted by Recharge View Post
    What the heck Funcom, just make RK matter again. I just see "New SL Missions" how about something to make RK more interessting again? RK is such an unused world ...
    You mean like, for example, towerwars changes? Those are on RK.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Recharge View Post
    What the heck Funcom, just make RK matter again. I just see "New SL Missions" how about something to make RK more interessting again? RK is such an unused world ...
    Uhm..

Option 1: Explicitly mentions it takes place on RK
    Option 2: Doesn't mention if it's RK or SL. Might be both.
    Option 3: Affects both RK and SL
    Option 4: The only option exclusively for SL
    Option 5: Affects towers, thus RK
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

Yabut 4 is the only option that has any significant impact on leveling.

SL, for the most part added better loot and better leveling turning most of RK content obsolete. SL should have been an addition to RK content not a replacement. Variety and alternatives not fast railroads to endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpynoob View Post
    Yabut 4 is the only option that has any significant impact on leveling.

SL, for the most part added better loot and better leveling turning most of RK content obsolete. SL should have been an addition to RK content not a replacement. Variety and alternatives not fast railroads to endgame.
    Vhab thanks for responding, I really hope yall dont have at actualyl ready through all the post.

Option 4 is not ideal, or my choice but it is the only option so far to beat option 5 which will have no change.

The problem with ao now is that everyone lvls to fast. I cant blame them for doing it cause there is lack of content or its not worth stopping for.
    The main problem though is that there isnt much difference between a lot of lvl ranges in terms of skills or ip. for example lvl 70-100, 160-200 etc.
    Because it may not be practical to increase the difference between the lvls, so a higher lvl has a much greater advantage.

I propose (ofc slowing the speed of lvling and adding more content but untill then) creating instanced dungeons, or instancing the ones we already have but adding a quest guy at the start of each that gives a missions like DR. the bosses drop mini boc, shoulder pads etc like items, or even some new designed social items.
    There would be 3 classes of the dungeon you can choose, 1. Walk in the park, 2. Know your team, 3. Your gonna die. Where monsters hit harder have more specials and mind control for the higher level dungeon. This way everyone get something.
    There will be one for each final lvl range or title range level 10, 25, 60, 100, 150, 170, 200, 210
    You can just copy and paste the dungeon just increase hp and damage for higher lvls if you want.
    Rewards can include nodrop armours, and weapons 10 for easy, 20 for hard and 30 levels higher than the dungeon level for expert. Maybe drop a symb also. and a Special Token you can turn in for rewards everything you finish one

Ed- bump my suggestion post.. its only 2 years old, lol or this one that's 3 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I know people complain about Wow-ifying the game but there are a few things that WoW does that I think would be cool in AO. One of these things are the WoW heroic dungeons.

For those that are unaware of WoW's dungeons.. heroics are basically a duplicate copy of a regular dungeon/instance. The bosses and trash mobs in heroics are scaled up to the target heroic level. (For instance, there are lower level dungeons whose heroic version are available only to endgame toons and the mobs/loot are scaled appropriately). For the most part, the loot table in heroics is the same as the regular version with the only difference being the ilevel (WoW version of QL I guess).

An example:

Crypt of Home
    Level range: 1-100
    Item: Blinded Blackbird (QL 105)

Heroic Crypt of Home
    Level Range: 101-200
    Item: Blinded Blackbird (QL 200)

------
    I'd love to see heroic versions of all of the RK dungeons from the Subway to Inner Sanctum as well as potential heroic versions of things like Team Dark Ruins, Alappa and Pande. Heroic version level ranges do not have to always be immediate step ups from the regular version. Think of how cool it would be to go in to the subway on 210+ toons and have an actual challenge getting through the content.

As far as I can tell the only things that would need to happen (and not trying to simplify it, I'm sure this takes time as well.. but not as much as creating a dungeon from scratch I'd think) is:
    - Duplication of the regular dungeon
    - Establishment of a new level range and making the appropriate change to the entry requirement
    - Changing the level of the mobs/bosses
    - Changing the level of the loot table in the heroic version
    - Alternatively, there COULD be an addition of 1 or 2 rare and brand new items (like a vehicle or pet) in the heroic version for social purposes.

I'll also add that locking these dungeons so people can't be warped in that are below the level range and making it such that you have to be part of the kill team to loot would be perfect.

I know the AO team has a lot on their plate but still hope this is something that will be considered when time is available.

Edit: This could also be done, in a way, with Tara. The current version could be level locked to less than 200 toons and then create a heroic version of the dungeon and tara that is 201+.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Apr 20th, 2014 at 18:48:23.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Ed- bump my suggestion post.. its only 2 years old, lol or this one that's 3 years old.
    Bump that suggestion for sure! I'd love to see Heroic dungeons in AO
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

How about fixing MB first to get people back in game.. then worry about the rest. Why vote for anything else? Log in the game- look around.. population really did take a dive. My vote is still for fixing notum wars in whatever aspect that entails. Bring back the core players then add more fun to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasteclipse View Post
    How about fixing MB first to get people back in game.. then worry about the rest. Why vote for anything else? Log in the game- look around.. population really did take a dive. My vote is still for fixing notum wars in whatever aspect that entails. Bring back the core players then add more fun to the game.
    So you think fixing NW will bring back old players. It may but they will all be froobs and NW will still be NW with no MB. I don't see how that's real attractive. And it most certainly won't be attracting new players any more than it does now. Let's face it NW is not why people play AO.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunforhire View Post
    So you think fixing NW will bring back old players. It may but they will all be froobs and NW will still be NW with no MB. I don't see how that's real attractive. And it most certainly won't be attracting new players any more than it does now. Let's face it NW is not why people play AO.
    Huh? Old players are froobs?
    When I make mistakes, I use a lot of salt,
    cause salt makes m'steaks taste great!

Beornin - The original Shotgun Adv
    Obsessive - First 220 Trox Engi
    Euthanizer - Reanimated NT

Quote Originally Posted by Beornin View Post
    Huh? Old players are froobs?
    Yup the ones coming back just because a band-aid fix is made to NW the only real froob content. As I said NW is not the reason most people play AO and paid players definitely don't play so they can get NW as a free add on.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunforhire View Post
    Yup the ones coming back just because a band-aid fix is made to NW the only real froob content. As I said NW is not the reason most people play AO and paid players definitely don't play so they can get NW as a free add on.
    That is just nonsense. NW is partly about the towerfights and partly about the bonuses orgs and players get from owning bases and personal towers. These bonuses matter the most to maxed out characters.

A froob don't last 5 seconds against a paid acc twink in a NW fight.
    When I make mistakes, I use a lot of salt,
    cause salt makes m'steaks taste great!

Beornin - The original Shotgun Adv
    Obsessive - First 220 Trox Engi
    Euthanizer - Reanimated NT

It's getting increasingly difficult to differentiate blatant trolling from serious comments.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Beornin View Post
    That is just nonsense. NW is partly about the towerfights and partly about the bonuses orgs and players get from owning bases and personal towers. These bonuses matter the most to maxed out characters.

A froob don't last 5 seconds against a paid acc twink in a NW fight.
    That's not true, up till lvl 120, depending on how hard the froob works, the buffs they have on and the professions of the people, they can hold and beat a paid account. Below lvl 30 they all the same.

Fixing MB (there is no possible realistic "fix" that exist) will not do anything. 80% of the people either dont know what it is or care that much about it. PVP is not why most people play ao, and especially will not bring anyone new to ao.
    We live in a beautiful world

It's getting increasingly difficult to differentiate blatant trolling from serious comments.
    Not to worry this thread closes tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Aggro View Post
    Also, let us choose type of reward when rolling and see rewards after rolling.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Graphics engine above all.

But, after that its new content that brings players back to the game. Instances or new Expansion. But, if there is a new expansion, it would be great to have it take place in the old world. Make use of the existing RK zones.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast