Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Doctor's....

Doctor's....

...are the new nerfest profession.

discuss
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

not true:

1) doctor's can solo things most profs run from.

2) if a doctor spends all his efforts on it, they can do decent damage

3) most people can't kill us 1 on 1 in pvp.

5) im tired of listing things that make doctors rock.

now the list of things that do suck about being a doctor:

1) nobody needs us from 190-220 anymore, until they want to do raids then they whine that someone is only a 201 doc.

2) its pretty darn tough to kill an equally leveled/geared person in pvp and damn near impossible to kill a worthy opponent

3) full defense/nano cast times....

4)the incredibly rare stuff doctors need to go from worst DD to better than slacker DD

5) all the people who think they know how to play a doctor better than you do...

now im tired of making a list at all. Happy new years...
    RC
    Last edited by rsee; Jan 1st, 2008 at 02:05:54.

pretend I just quoted Rsee, for he speaks the truth.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

I cant seem to stop loving doctors!
    Potatochips 220/30 Doctor - Configuration -Healer-
    Hperas 220/24 Trader -Tradeskiller-
    Toesocks 220/24 Shade - Configuration -Cheap Damage Dealer-
    Aara 136/8 Nanotechnician -NS monkey that is in love with Cyberdeck-
    Dictionary 2/0 Little Rascal

I am a SAEK: Achiever 53.33%, Explorer 60.00%, Killer 20.00%, Socializer 66.67%

Quote Originally Posted by Actonel View Post
    I cant seem to stop loving doctors!
    I've leveled a soli and an opi doc to 220 now.... now ima roll a trox one. I'm an idiot!

Quote Originally Posted by rsee View Post
    1) doctor's can solo things most profs run from.
    If you wanna solo something that's worth solo'ing, roll advie though and kill it twice as fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsee
    2) if a doctor spends all his efforts on it, they can do decent damage
    But can hardly be called a doctor anymore and is hardly viable in PvP.

3) most people can't kill us 1 on 1 in pvp.
    I love outlasting someone until his buddy shows up and freak stun me while they do /point 'n laugh. 1v1 PvP is dead, if you finally get someone 1v1 on BS he'll run away long before you can DoT/AS him to death - that's if you even got an AS weapon in the first place. Duels? Duels aren't supported by FC since it's impossible to balance.

5) im tired of listing things that make doctors rock.
    I can understand since most points can be counter-argued.

On a side note I'm not really a pessimist, but if I look at doctors now and back when I started 4 years ago, I'll fast be a very sad person. Don't get me wrong, I love playing doctor still, but damn I'm glad I'm past leveling and have guildies for research sk. PvP I think we're okay - no better or no worse than half of the other professions. PvM we got serious issues compared to the past - I didn't even have to heal the shade that tanked beast last time I was in lair, and SL missions ripped doctors a new a-hole if you ask me.
    Last edited by Avari; Jan 1st, 2008 at 20:41:31.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

avari i agree that advys can do most of what we can and faster, but a doc with a fairly cheap hp build can do things alone with ease that other profs would brag about getting halfway down the hp bar.

I don't think i would go so far as to call bubba / rezi / hyde not docs. Sure they have worked alot more on their damage abilities at a somewhat cost to heal efficiency, but i know hyde and rezi are both leaders in the sector 42 raids and thats not just because they add to DD.

the 1 on 1 comment was not meant to include the guys buddy, but i will completely agree that the weak point of our prof is our offensive capabilities in pvp. We could easily sit and fight the atrox agent thorugh his alpha over and over and never really gain any ground because, well because our offensive toolset doesn't kill anyone. But in the hypothetical world of 1 on 1 pvp no one is going to kill us either. In fact many doctors can kite several other players around the BS.

Ok im done defending my list and sorry for the wall of text. I guess in fairness we may be the nerfest profession, but since i only play one i like to defend it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post
    pretend I just quoted Rsee, for he speaks the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by lyzor View Post
    I also agree with rsee (omg noes!). There is no reasonable explanation that can be given

Quote Originally Posted by rsee View Post
    avari i agree that advys can do most of what we can and faster, but a doc with a fairly cheap hp build can do things alone with ease that other profs would brag about getting halfway down the hp bar.
    True, but it's hardly worth solo'ing inferno mobs anymore seeing much of the loot has become obsolete.

I don't think i would go so far as to call bubba / rezi / hyde not docs. Sure they have worked alot more on their damage abilities at a somewhat cost to heal efficiency, but i know hyde and rezi are both leaders in the sector 42 raids and thats not just because they add to DD.
    Raid leading has little to do with your profession maybe except in NW imo. It's about being a capable raid leader first and foremost. When I say that I won't call it doctors anymore is when damage comes before healing ability - it's when you sacrifice profession defining abilities like healing in order to do something else.

the 1 on 1 comment was not meant to include the guys buddy, but i will completely agree that the weak point of our prof is our offensive capabilities in pvp. We could easily sit and fight the atrox agent thorugh his alpha over and over and never really gain any ground because, well because our offensive toolset doesn't kill anyone. But in the hypothetical world of 1 on 1 pvp no one is going to kill us either. In fact many doctors can kite several other players around the BS.
    BS is the main PvP environment, and while we are able to survive certain crowds it's due to two very significant things. People don't team, and thus they don't cooperate - that seems about to change with 17.8. 1v1 situations are rare at best, and I've never seen a decent PvP guy stick around for me to kill him if he had the choice (and he did after my two root grafts were out).

As a 220 doctor who likes to PvP I don't complain much. As I said, we're not any better or any worse than most. However, I can't see anyone seriously saying that PvM for doctors hasn't declined vastly over the past years. Leveling as a doctor is tough as far as I'm told - you're dependant on getting a team since solo'ing is very slow, but you're hardly needed if people are properly geared.

Do you know what I miss the most? I miss getting a phat team together of my best friends with some of the best equips there are and knock up a nice sk rate. It's not that I can't do that, but afterwards I'll have the feeling that they had me along because I was their friend, and not because I was a healer and they needed me to get high sk/hour. The best leveling gameplay I've had was at Tiun spot before SL missions. You had to focus, you had to get 215+ people (that's when 215 was actually an effort), you had to know your way around your profession, and you had to fill certain roles like tank, healer, and calmer in order to succeed. Where are those leveling/PvM instances today?
    Last edited by Avari; Jan 1st, 2008 at 22:07:54.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    Do you know what I miss the most? I miss getting a phat team together of my best friends with some of the best equips there are and knock up a nice sk rate. It's not that I can't do that, but afterwards I'll have the feeling that they had me along because I was their friend, and not because I was a healer and they needed me to get high sk/hour.
    It's very nice to have someone who can produce a steady supply of UBTed adds to a team standing in one spot constantly killing stuff. The reduction in "downtime" (== time when DDers aren't attacking something) usually results in a better SK rate for the team. If the doc is also feeding the team information about where to clean up turrets and where to find the button, he's doing a very good job getting the team through the mission as quickly and conveniently as possible.

That being said, it's probably safest to do this with people you know, so there's less risk of being yelled at when the team turned out to be more gimp than you expected..
    Hlep gnak!

I find doctors fine, a pretty balanced prof.

There has just been a few too many debuffs enter game recently though (which all land 100% of the time in most cases) that screw us over. Completely in some cases.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanofox1 View Post
    I find doctors fine, a pretty balanced prof.

There has just been a few too many debuffs enter game recently though (which all land 100% of the time in most cases) that screw us over. Completely in some cases.
    So basically, we're fine except for the NR/Full def. issue?

I can almost agree with you.

Tho I find that our defense/offense ration isn't quite good enough.
    Any 2 other people can kill us easily if they use brains.
    We can't kill any 1 person that uses his brain.
    Many 1 profs. can kill us if they use brain (and a bit of luck).

Quote Originally Posted by Redbar View Post
    It's very nice to have someone who can produce a steady supply of UBTed adds to a team standing in one spot constantly killing stuff. The reduction in "downtime" (== time when DDers aren't attacking something) usually results in a better SK rate for the team. If the doc is also feeding the team information about where to clean up turrets and where to find the button, he's doing a very good job getting the team through the mission as quickly and conveniently as possible.

So the doc is what? someone who finds buttons, and running around looking for things the team can kill, and debuffs mobs that crat can debuff better? Sounds like an useless leecher to me.

The doc proffesion is dead appearently. And i rolled doc as my main to be uber and solo things no other prof can. :/ Now im stuck in inferno with hardly any teams like all the other docs that dont belong to a uber org. 6months wasted.

Nah lets all roll some keepers. FC dont want any docs in the game. And if FC makes a mob that is very hard to kill. All the other profs is crying nerf mob becuse they can´t solo it under 1 min.(New dustbrigade nano quest)

Something must be done and fast. The doc professionals is in direct contact with the development team and i like to hear what they have to say on this matter. (Since i know a professional and his prof got almost all they wanted in new patch)

I love playing my doc.....and im paying lots of creds for heals that no one needs.. :/ im about to give up...
    Last edited by DrLithvium; Jan 2nd, 2008 at 19:48:17.
    Drtheron B 220/30 Atrox Doc First AI30 atrox doc on RK1
    Stilithium B 220/12 Nanomage Doc PVP project

Nttheron B 220/16 Atrox NT Ao easymode pvp is: on
    Lithvium B 220/13 Solitius Crat DD hoe project
    Zystem B 208/8 Nanomage Engineer Tradeskiller

+ A couple of alts in progress

Quote Originally Posted by DrLithvium
    The doc proffesion is dead appearently. And i rolled doc as my main to be uber and solo things no other prof can. :/ Now im stuck in inferno with hardly any teams like all the other docs that dont belong to a uber org. 6months wasted.
    Dunno why you got the impression that doc proffesion is dead. Sure you might not be getting spammed with team invites for inf missions even if you're not on "lft", but that's not really a problem, and you don't need an uber org to get sk, just some friends. I actually don't remember the last time I did something with random people, but it really isn't a problem to get sk/axp.

P.S. personally I'm having a lot more fun playing doc than I had when playing sol.
    Reziukas 220/30 Soldier Equipment Screenshot Epeen
    Squad Commander of Riders of the Lost Org
    First omni owner of Superior Rebuilt Perennium Blaster on RK1
    Aide Rezidoc 220/25 Doctor Equipment Screenshot Epeen++
    The first and only doc on RK1 to do 200k DPM on LoTV!
    First owner of Alien Combat Directive Controller on RK1
    First doc to OD a clan zergbot twice.
    First TL7 doc to get 3rd and 4th solo titles.
    [Jagfixarinte]: think u got lootrights:P
    [Questra]: did you just get loot on Libra?

Quote Originally Posted by Reziukas View Post
    Dunno why you got the impression that doc proffesion is dead. Sure you might not be getting spammed with team invites for inf missions even if you're not on "lft", but that's not really a problem, and you don't need an uber org to get sk, just some friends. I actually don't remember the last time I did something with random people, but it really isn't a problem to get sk/axp.

Dont compare you and me. Compare with some1 who have played as long as I have, and spent as much time on gaming as I have and dont have an org dumping creds and phats on you.

If i rolled another profession than doc and spent same amount of creds and same amount of gaming time i would level alot faster than with doc.

I leveled my nt to 150 in a couple of weeks. and could have done it alot faster to.

Ps : rolled a soldier to, and it was so boooring. :/
    Last edited by DrLithvium; Jan 2nd, 2008 at 19:59:11.

Quote Originally Posted by DrLithvium
    and dont have an org dumping creds and phats on you.
    Noone ever dumped phats or credz on me Actually, I think I only obtained apf belt with org help, rest of stuff I farmed on zergbots myself.
    Reziukas 220/30 Soldier Equipment Screenshot Epeen
    Squad Commander of Riders of the Lost Org
    First omni owner of Superior Rebuilt Perennium Blaster on RK1
    Aide Rezidoc 220/25 Doctor Equipment Screenshot Epeen++
    The first and only doc on RK1 to do 200k DPM on LoTV!
    First owner of Alien Combat Directive Controller on RK1
    First doc to OD a clan zergbot twice.
    First TL7 doc to get 3rd and 4th solo titles.
    [Jagfixarinte]: think u got lootrights:P
    [Questra]: did you just get loot on Libra?

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Reziukas View Post
    Noone ever dumped phats or credz on me Actually, I think I only obtained apf belt with org help, rest of stuff I farmed on zergbots myself.

mm...i must be a gimp. can´t farm much with my doc.

Well back to the soldier i guess. twink perenn on then press FA and
    you´re uber. When in trouble press tms.

very very funny game that rewards hard work.

Im not gonna post here for a while. Im so angry atm... :/

Quote Originally Posted by DrLithvium View Post
    Welcome to Anarchy Online. And welcome to the Doc community =P

Being angry and frustrated by your own personal views of what you can and should do as a doc vs the reality is normal. It'll pass at about the 3 year mark =P

(*The preceding was said entirely in jest, and should be taken as light-heartedly as possible with no apparent or inherent need to feel personally slighted or insulted*)

(The preceding disclaimer was brought to you by the need of the poster to crack a joke)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebius View Post
    Silence m8! The beast is sleeping, do not wake her and incur her wrath.
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

Well back to the soldier i guess. twink perenn on then press FA and
    you´re uber. When in trouble press tms.
    ((snip))
    Well I'm sorry if this makes you more angry/frustrated ... but ... if there is one thing a doc is good at its farming. Points in raid bots, rare items from hard mobs, etc ... no one outshines the doc prof here. We can outlast almost any soloable mob, and we can go to raids and just press our heal button (note: I dislike it when docs do this, but that doesn't change the capability).

The only way we lack in farming is when it comes to being ODed, and I am finding people are actually doing this less lately than more.

This isn't me saying "docs can get everything they want all by themselves", you're still going to need help getting items unless you have things like your own personal AI city and decide to skip the zergbot gear, but no prof has getting "stuph" any easier.

And my org didn't dump phatz or credits on me either. They provided my Inferno key and plenty of help raiding various non-zerg raid areas, but I provided equal effort back and achieved many of my items and all of my cash on my own. In fact even though I've attended many many AI raids over the years, almost all of my AI gear was purchased or was farmed when I had access to a small farming city for a little bit.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, given the 2 profs you mentioned (soldier and keeper) and say that perhaps pushing your doc to its limits is simply more work than you want to do.

I'll give a hard time where hard times are due ... in fact I'm betting I'm one of the people Regi had in mind when he posted this understated flame bait thread but in pvm (aka farming/gear with the exception of Ofab) Docs don't have anything significant to complain about. Getting levelling teams and PvP issues yes, but levelling teams is not where one gets their gear.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Talking

Well thats why i wanted to be doc. To be able to do what no one else can. And there are lots of games where you shoot stuff and kill with your hands. So doc seemed funny and cool to play.

I need help to help myself so to say. I got my molar to enter inferno for free from a very nice person. ofc i dont remember his name. But i have tried to do most things by myself. Even rolled a kiter to earn creds for my money hungry doc.

But i have been looking for lootrights for quite some time now. maybe a month. And many many docs is on lft looking for lootrights to doc pistols. :/

Since im nanomage a melee attacking weapon dont seem like a great idea. want to stay out of nuke range.

But i have been looking for lootrights for quite some time now. maybe a month. And many many docs is on lft looking for lootrights to doc pistols. :/
    Agreed, getting Dreadloch weapons (be they pistols or shen sticks) is a huge hassle. Very few people want to do Dreadlochs and that is possibly the largest exception to the rule of "if its soloable, we can solo it". Docs just don't kite well. Soldiers and Fixers reign when it comes to soloing Dreadlochs (if you call kiting soloing, some don't).

However, the Dreadloch adds -can- drop the weapons, or at least I know they can drop Dshark, Tigress and Shen Sticks.

Plus, those doctors on LFT to buy the pistols are not actually doing Dreadlochs. If you're willing to actually DO the mobs instead of buying loot rights, we're definitely in-demand for teams doing Dreadloch bosses.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast