Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Doc's Left Hand looted

Retired Doc Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbar View Post
    So for inf 220 easy SK grinding, I'd say anyone that can OD a doc[1] is often regarded as more "valuable". (not to mention crats, where a lot of people kiss their feet even when they're not attacking with their XP pistols while being on /follow with no charms).
    true, maybe for grinding. but theres no real profession, for the new db for example, that you could say "if we dont have X, we can't do it." other than maybe an nt/crat/agent. doc is certainly mandatory (for most teams). you can't say: omg, we don't have an MA, we can't do DB. or no soldier = no go. theres other ways to get around doing it. you simply can't get around a docs heals. we make harder encounters doable and average encounters easy.
    Invincible1 - 220/22 - Opi doc...................OneBullet - 76/5 Opi agent
    Mmba- 175/12 - Soli fix.............................Pownstar - 120/9 NM NT
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Doctor Wishlist/Doctor Buglist

I agree that doc is certainly one of the very few profs where someone can go "omg, we don't have X, we can't do it" and be reasonably right. Clan side RK1, I've seen all raid bots spam for docs lots of times, I've seen the apf42 bot spam for enfs a few times, and I've seen one of the pande bots spam for soldiers _once_. Never any other profs.

The sad part for docs is that the encounters where a doc is "required" are growing fewer every time new überness for everyone is introduced while 99% of PvM stays unchanged. I don't think SK grind can be discounted in these considerations, either, as new 220 docs are always needed to replace the ones that quit.
    Hlep gnak!

Red said it well. One inbalance is that docs are still needed, maybe more then ever for raid content and people are trying hard to get docs to do these raids since there is a lack of docs. And then again we have new growing docs that quit or are stagnant because they can't get leveling teams.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Aye, I have that problem... sort of stuck at 177 these days, but luckily I have a org to level with in inf tho. But there are very few pen missions going, and usually only omni!(I like clan better)... Ado hecks just gets too boring and slow.
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

WTB Red and blue teams in BS. Thanks Michi!

The new DB instance doesn't require a doc. I've done it NT, adv and soldier only, and the adv fell down and minced one time and we still finished it ok.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

Sort of back to the first post in the thread; why should doctors require tons of non-doc gear to equip doc only pistols?

why should we need a full set of supple which no doc (but rezi) wears around on a daily basis? why is the attack skill not some high BM number and a reasonable pistol number? Agents can equip their end game rifle without supple (and many agents use CSS parts), soldiers, keepers, enfos, etc can all semi-self (with wrangle and some implants maybe) their traditional end game weapons in gear that one would consider playing in routinely. Why should doctors have to full perk reset/exchange implants and symbs/get armor most of us won't use/etc to equip guns which by their very description are the defining weapon of our profession?

Aside from the "to be uber you should have all these things already" comments is there a reason that funcom requires doctors to have another set of gear just to equip something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post
    pretend I just quoted Rsee, for he speaks the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by lyzor View Post
    I also agree with rsee (omg noes!). There is no reasonable explanation that can be given

Judging by the responses people seem to be very passionate about this subject and it seems to bring about spirited debate. I think the poster above this one hit the nail on the head. I dont think Docs should have anymore power than they do I just think it should be fair across the board. If Every other prof can get there endgame weapon on with Implanting, Outside buffs and a few trinkets then why shouldn't Docs?

Maybe I was angry at the time of the OP and didn't articulate well. I have no problem at all having to get a full set of AI armor to equip some mega ultra super weapon but I don't think Doc Right and Left fit that bill. I think those pistols were the intended endgame PvM weapon for a Doc just like other profs have and they should be as easy to equip as those are for other profs.

Perhaps Pistols were not what FC intended for Docs to be there weapon. Maybe they expected us to run around with "Cups" forever I dont know. What I do know is there is a trend that has lasted longer than a passing phase where Docs are using pistols and I think FC should revisit how Docs are built if you will so that our Symbiants and Armor and all the things that we might use would benifit us in our weapon setups.

I tend to agree with both above.

Which in turns leads me to the following:
    Is doc the only prof. w/o any self buffs for any of their own offensive skills or offense in general? (ma, pistol, bm, pm, mc, shotgun, bow, as, burst, fling)

MP go mochies/odins + pet buffs
    Crat got pistol buff (and aao auras) + pet buffs
    Engie got pistol/ts/grenade/ma + pet buffs
    Fixer/Adv/Sold/Keeper/Shade/Agent/MA/Enfo got their respective weapon skill buffs.
    NT got mc/int buff

Then there's trader, unless you count drains.

Truthfully they had made the pistols a bit too powerfull on the damage front. Instead of adjusting the damage a few points down they decided to make them hard to equip, while still allowing us hp based setups. Hence, a "low" pistol requirement so it doe not go into OE but high multiranged.

The idea was good but they kinda went too far with the multiranged requirement. Should have been considerably lower and would still get the job done. Or, they could just have cut down the min damage the guns do a tiny bit.

With the current pistols there needs to be some work to get them on, they ARE that powerful. Would have been nice if it would require less gear, the supple requirement really sucks.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

Having used the doc pistols in PVM and PVP, I have to agree with Xenon (yes, again! =P). The doc dread pistols *are* that powerful, and while I can see needing a full perk reset due to that power I also agree with rsee (omg noes!). There is no reasonable explanation that can be given to explain why the MR for them is so high as to require such outlandish gear requirements just to equip. Note: I said to equip.

The skill requirement needed for keeping the pistols out of OE was well thought of in my opinion. There's a good balance of perks, IP and gear that you can use for them and still work on having a decent +HP setup to survive well in both PVP and PVM.

FC: please lower the MR on the doc pistols by a small margin: 50-100 and keep the rest of it the same *OR* drop the MR down to around 1200-1300 and lower the min/max damage by a few points each.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebius View Post
    Silence m8! The beast is sleeping, do not wake her and incur her wrath.
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

I have to agree with Xenon (yes, again! =P).
    Hell yeah!

...looks at doc board. You're on a roll again aren't you?
    Deadly Whisper - RK1

Quote Originally Posted by XenonDe View Post
    Hell yeah!

...looks at doc board. You're on a roll again aren't you?
    I took a break to give others a chance to catch up =P

... and I had a bunch of tax returns that had to get done quickly too (<=reasonable explanation for "absence" =P)
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

you can do my taxes also if you want people to catch up
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

heh.

If your income isn't close to being 6 digits ($x00,000.00) then it would cost you way more than you could afford for me to do your return =P

I'm not a cheap date =P
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

I haven't used the pistols and didn't even mean to comment on the amount of pistol needed to keep them OE. I did want to address the AR issue docs have though by making the attack rating somewhat set on our primary skill, BM. Maybe then we could perk a couple people which might give docs the offense we have been whining about while taking away the traditional AS stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post
    pretend I just quoted Rsee, for he speaks the truth.
    I also agree with rsee (omg noes!). There is no reasonable explanation that can be given

Quote Originally Posted by rsee View Post
    I haven't used the pistols and didn't even mean to comment on the amount of pistol needed to keep them OE. I did want to address the AR issue docs have though by making the attack rating somewhat set on our primary skill, BM. Maybe then we could perk a couple people which might give docs the offense we have been whining about while taking away the traditional AS stuff.
    Fantastic idea, but AOC here I come until graphics update probably, maybe by then docs might get a little lub

I looted mine yesterday and I can't right click equip it either :\ I'm lvl 185 tho... reperking.. woot!

The harsh requirements on the pistols I guess is to stop lowbies equipping them who do have supple and whatnot to equip.

if we were meant to equip them with 'doc armours' near/at endgame then lowbies could probably do it too easy.

The obvious solution would be lower the requirements and slap a level lock on them, 210+ or so, matches D-Shark also from same mobs...
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts

bad idea! We can only equip one at low levels anyway! They have the huge MR req to keep lowbies away...

Quote Originally Posted by Ober View Post
    NT got mc/int buff
    +15 MC and some trickle, amazing...

If you wanna call that a weapon buff, you can almost match it with expertise...

Quote Originally Posted by Iaitoo View Post
    bad idea! We can only equip one at low levels anyway! They have the huge MR req to keep lowbies away...
    Don't quite think was intended for lowbies. Level lock and more doc friendly requirements better.

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast