Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Level lock decay

Level lock decay

Each patch comes with new items, and each time it either makes things easier to equip or overrides previous existing items till they become less powerful or even obsolete. The items that become easier to equip eventually find use with lower and lower level twinks, recycling the content of the game and ensuring such things have longevity. That's of course a good thing for all the work put into such items.

But the problem lies with level locked gear. Most level locked items eventually go from great to worthless much faster, because no one needs the old stuff by the time the new ones come out. For example, you've got the notum tank armors, level-locked into froob oblivion, though these were once the best tank armors in the game, worth hundreds of millions. Or you have guns like the Hellspinner, a really cool soldier weapon that has become utterly outmoded by perenium blasters (and is level locked to 71 or something that makes it useless to sloobs).

The suggestion is: review the level locks on old RK items to bring some colour back into the game. The stuff that is TL-locked like token boards are fine (though it would be nice to move the 400 and 1750 boards down a tl ), but for pre-15.0 patch, practically any of the items would be instantly revitalised with their level locks being halved (or 75% or something), and this would open a huge range of old items back into play, for little more effort than it takes to get an intern to go through the old DB, monitor the changes (s)he makes (which I'm sure people will download the db rips and scrutinise it with a fine-toothed comb) and have it in the next patch.
    Last edited by Chrys; May 4th, 2008 at 07:03:07.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Bump for this, even Froobs can hit the requirements on things like the Hellspinner before level 71 but are rejected from using them because of the level. It'd be cool, for the Hellspinner in specific here, to be able to use it in ToTW.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Gold Star for Chrys!

Bump!

Clear and consice argument. Problem identifed, examples given, and a resolution.

Does FC actually ever read these forums? Lots of great ideas floating about, and some are just absurdly easy to implement -- like this one!

bump.

a large number of the level locked items on RK came pre-SL, hell, even pre-NW... things like the queen blade, and what not.. it would be great to see some of these items back being used again.
    Redadv 220/30
    Proud Member of The Renaissance

Would love to use the Azure Breastplate on toons where the -10% cost would be awesomely needed. Bump for this.
    ....................................-Eridonis-
    ................-Sleighbells-................-Northpole-
    ....-Psyche-...............-Decembersky-...........-Karma-
    ...............-Winterbelle-.................-Snowing-
    .....................................-Graffiti-

Debump, because then I'll realize how gimp I am when I'm over the level lock on an item and still can't equip it.

Thanks for bumps

And just in case anyone is wondering, leave the skill requirements (or base requirements for armor) alone. This game is all about twinking, let's have more stuff to twink on!
    bai2u!
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

If you like twinking, say AYYYYEEEEE
    bai2u!

lol.. you and Fixietrox need to like make twink babies or something...

The following errors occurred when this message was submitted:

1. This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 6 seconds.

PS: Big listing dis!

Bump
    bai2u!

Some of the once-uber items and nanos could indeed use a re-balancing of the levellock.
    RB or Candycane would come to mind, or the (E)QB.
    They say, the early bird catches the worm.
    However, the second mouse gets the cheese.

Bump for cutting 10 levels down on old RK level locked items (and maybe some nanos).
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

BqUmMuPd
    bai2u!

bump for twink maniacs
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

I'll actually bump this one, its a good suggestion. Some SL items could possibly be changed too.

Badadadadabump!

Great idea
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Yes. Do it now!
    Still waiting for a reason to come back...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast