Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - May 27th, 2011 - Screens

Quote Originally Posted by Lektronik View Post
    Means wants my opinion, he knows how to reach me.
    I can smell the arrogance from here!
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by quieter456 View Post
    Probably too busy sending out resumes or something.

/win

Quote Originally Posted by Iriche View Post
    Sorry to say it, but you are just sad. You go on a rampage here with negative stuff that isnt even critice. And then you canät say why... Please go to bed...

Quote Originally Posted by sezmra View Post
    I'm sorry, who are you again?
    Like I said, I'm not interested in arguing with you all about these changes. The only person that can save this game is Means, so why would I bother speaking among this community of mostly crazy people? (Have you actually read types of posts made earlier in this FwM? It's mostly garbage posts from people high on drugs....)

And here is yet another reason why he shouldn't be listening to fanboys/trolls: You all seem to have turned my comment regarding Means contacting me as some sort of ego trip. In your attempt at making me look bad, you fail to realize that as a GD, Means should value everyone's opinions.

Now, if I am NOT going to post my opinions on the forums to continue an argument, then there is only one way that my opinion is going to get to FC........they contact me! Wow! Such a hard concept to understand!!!

And here is yet another reason why he shouldn't be listening to fanboys/trolls: You all seem to have turned my comment regarding Means contacting me as some sort of ego trip. In your attempt at making me look bad, you fail to realize that as a GD, Means should value everyone's opinions.

Now, if I am NOT going to post my opinions on the forums to continue an argument, then there is only one way that my opinion is going to get to FC........they contact me! Wow! Such a hard concept to understand!!!
    This post spells out "I'm on a egotrip" to me. What makes you more important than every other player/member of the community? Submit your feedback like everyone else; Either via forums, feedback@ or PM to whomever. If your feedback isn't important enough for you to make available to them; Why should they pry it out of you?
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

i dunno, it will be harder to draw people away who hug zergs now. Atleast now you can feign some type of emergency, like no heals ect and run away making someone who is eager for you pvp points chase you, then take care of them 1v1. Or if you had killed someone you could go there to lick your wounds.

Welcome to teleporter wars 2 : Even more warp kiting
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

I have no interest in a debate with stupid people. If Means wants my opinion, he knows how to reach me.
    Everyone will take things in their own way I suppose. When I originally read this I was thinking that this guy was talking about being contacted via a survey of some sort. I didn't even really consider the 'ego-tripping' possibility until the other people posted it.

*shrugs* could be because I was thinking about a survey the other day or maybe because I don't necessarily jump to the worst possible meaning of people's words.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Hey Means, I want to buy AO2

Regards from Germany,

Rippi

Quote Originally Posted by Redesine View Post
    I have a bit of an issue with these changes. It seems like another "band-aid" fix rather than addressing the underlying issues.

If pets get stuck, then fix pet pathing. People have said it's a problem for a long time and there must be lots of documentation and research out there to help "fix" it.

If changing the path itself is really a sensible way of tackling it, okay... but I don't think it's a positive effect on BS.

Duels are meant to be level-playing-field, gentlemanly, sporting fights.

Battlestations are meant to be... battles.

In a battle you should use everything that could be to your advantage including terrain features.

Yes it's frustrating if you run into a room and get blasted by a well-postitioned APT. But that's because it was just that: well positioned. In decon you have the chance to come straight back and alter your own tactics to the situation.

Yes it's damn annoying if someone abuses pathing problems to avoid your pet, but then the pathing problems should be fixed rather than the path itself. Wouldn't it be so much better if you could delay a pet's charge from reaching you by jumping away, but have that delay fractional by... say... the pet's ability to jump as well as you can?

Now it seems to me that BS is being leveled to a flat arena where people can appear anywhere, and so the potential tactical situations are limited.

On another note...

Lektronic, I think you were being a bit over-the-top without making much (coherent?) argument or using much... how to put it... thought in the way of etiquette.

But...

I'm not sure why you both felt the need to jump in there, Mastablasta and Obtena (though did you delete one or two of your posts?), and exacerbate the situation while also suggesting that that was Lektronic's intent. You realise that if there was any trolling going on, intentional or otherwise, you're making worse, right?

I do have to say that neither of you are very good at reacting to what you seem to see as "trolling". And whenever these kind of debates get personal, you are both right in the thick of it. We should probably all calm down about it.

This part particularly made me chuckle:

Maybe you haven't noticed and most likely you're not going to listen to me now, but it seems to me that nearly every thread you post in, Mastablasta, someone points this irony out to you.
    You must mistake me for someone who is somehow hiding the fact that they post just to annoy people who sit on the throne of righteous indignition, just like you! To clear that out, I have absolutely no problems being on every chair, taking up any oppinion or arguing any cause, as long as there's someone on the other end who gets their panties in a bunch over it. Just like your panties are now.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Just like your panties are now.
    Next he's going to grab you up in a choke hold and demand you tell him who runs Trolltown.

I can defeat Masta!!!!!!

I no wear panties.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

You must mistake me for someone who is somehow hiding the fact that they post just to annoy people
    as long as there's someone on the other end who gets their panties in a bunch over it.
    I loled. I really did.
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Kamarar View Post
    Next he's going to grab you up in a choke hold and demand you tell him who runs Trolltown.
    It's true. My methods are far superior. But shhh!
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Everyone will take things in their own way I suppose. When I originally read this I was thinking that this guy was talking about being contacted via a survey of some sort. I didn't even really consider the 'ego-tripping' possibility until the other people posted it.

*shrugs* could be because I was thinking about a survey the other day or maybe because I don't necessarily jump to the worst possible meaning of people's words.

/win

Quote Originally Posted by Kamarar View Post
    Don't be silly. Everyone knows Anarrina runs Trolltown. Mastablasta is just a minion.

But how do you know it won't be better with the changes? Can you give a proper argument that makes sense instead of just ranting about fanboys? I don't give a rat's ass about the BS changes, I don't ever go there. I just want to hear what your argument is.
    Or are you just a hateboy, someone who just hates on things for the sake of hating? I'm inclined to think that, since there's no information to base the hate on.
    ok ,im tryin to avoid those "means killed the game or he need to fix almost everything" posts but when somebody tries to say something,and points the true subject,there are "fixed" people always there to change the way of topic or discussion...
    firstly what Lektronik said,from the start to the end is absolutely true...
    we are talkin about the game with full content, battlestation, notum wars, shadowlands and fake expansion so called booster: lost eden...
    how can you possibly ignore a critic of a person who plays this game with what game provides? he wants changes with BS since it is what this game should let people play without problem or inbalance...
    if u dont go to BS, then do not reply...
    There are many fanboy ,once i was, and those people always pulls the good critics into a troll or grammar fun ..
    like vhab ,he s best ...
    i understand that some of you people and means are good friend..you are talkin via skype,also you are discussing what to do with sploiters and what kind of ban should occur. (for example)
    but it doesnt mean that MEANS doin something awesome to develop or raise this game into another level...
    he simply killed this game,and what he does at the moment,regathering all the broken pieces.
    i really would love to go back before lost eden,since this game was more fun before that...
    that was an example, not an invite to discuss lost eden or something...that would be my choice,
    since there werent procs,amazing nukes, debuffs or something else...
    when things comes to rebalance and new engine...
    IT S A JOKE...
    keep your friendship,love or admiration to MEANS out of the topics please...
    P.S: for god sake,he used fan's work to change icon of arul's saba...and there are lots of item needs to be changed ...(another example) a person who plays this game,and designed icons..look at it,and look at the new complete nanos icons
    Imno "Ubermensch" Angel 220/30/70 MA
    Revengeof "Jiltedthief" thegankers 220/30/70 Agent with ultimate smacktalk skeelz Retired
    Obeywhat "Elmayra" says 220/24/70 Doc with 275k+ Alien kills
    [Tnet] Manicmouse: bring back the I WIN button, cos omni really need help
    Reading doesnt change who you are but what you will do
    IM GRAMMATICALLY AWESOME

Just a quick question. Did you guys with hats signed some special contract where you agree to lose the hat if you write something against FC?
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

^
    |
    |
    |

Is bumhurt he doesn't get a hat.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    ^
    |
    |
    |

Is bumhurt he doesn't get a hat.
    True.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by BeyondHuman View Post
    -snip-
    you forget that those (including myself) who are happy about the changes to battlestation have given clear and concise reasons why we think its a good thing, like;

-people exploiting line of sight and faulty game mechanics
    -spawn camping
    -pets getting stuck
    -afk daily farmers

there are other issues with BS still, like teleporter abusers (hopping from one to the next until healed, for example); but, given time these problems will either be fixed, or battlestation slowly dies as less and less people have the patience to deal with these problems.

arguing whether an expansion pack should've come out or not is irrelevant. without the LE and Xan booster packs, players would've gotten bored a lot sooner and the game would've started dying a lot sooner. thats just common knowledge. no new content = customers going elsewhere.

if you think that those of us who are for the BS changes are a bunch of fanbois, maybe you should actually argue your case with clear reasons to the Dev's. so far those that are opposed have said;

-it looks stupid (sometimes people do too. maybe suggest ways to improve appearance?)
    -people will spawn camp more (how? this makes no sense given the changes to spawning)
    -people will abuse teleporters more to gank spawners (gankers do it now already, hard to believe it will happen more when people can teleport in and gank the gankers with new changes)
    -sneaking professions won't be able to use their toolset (easily disproven because no one sneaks in the areas that are being closed off effectively unless they are really trying to avoid a fight. this may be a toolset recharge problem, as opposed to a player problem.)
    -low population is the problem, not the exploiters. (....lawl. I don't need to argue that one)
    -some proffessions have no toolset and rely on using LOS glitches, places to hide/refuel and bad mechanics to have a fair chance in a fight (if this is true, than it will be so much more obvious where the imbalances are in pvp, and rebalance may change to your favour to reflect these obvious imbalances, that is if you believe rebalance will ever happen)
    -sticking together as a team will suck if the other side splits up and keeps 4 capping and not engaging the team forcing the team to move more or split up (as opposed to what, spawn camping?)

there might be other arguments against BS changes that I'm unaware of, but those are the stronger ones I've seen/heard, and are easily countered with common sense. and no, I'm certainly not a fanboi of funcom. Rather, I'm a fan of enjoying a game, which these changes most likely will allow for BS, because right now BS is only fun when your side has the numbers/power, and even then its frustrating when people abuse game mechanics. with these changes the losing side may actually be able to have some fun, split up powerful groups and maybe even win through tactics. now that's fun pvp!
    Last edited by SoapTarder; May 31st, 2011 at 17:39:24.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by BeyondHuman View Post
    i really would love to go back before lost eden,since this game was more fun before that...
    Shoulda seen the game before Shadowlands. You'd crap your pants.

@Soap

It does look stupid.

Smart people DO hide in those corridors that are being closed to remove/wait out debuffs. These professions don't have the toolset to remove them automatically, and they don't have the defensive toolset to stand and fight through them.

It IS a population problem that those corridors are empty space. Go watch old BS videos on the RK1 or RK2 PvP Videos threads. Watch how many times they go into the corridors and have good one on one fights. Again, it IS a population problem. The space is only empty because there's not enough people to fill the typical spaces.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

I don't see anything stupid with having a debuff and being engaged in PVP at all, regardless if you can remove it or not .... that is the POINT of being debuffed. If people want 1 vs. 1 fights, there are more appropriate places to do that so it's not relevant to use that as a reason to leave them open either. That space being empty is not why they are closing it, so it's irrelevant in the argument to leave them open.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast