Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - May 27th, 2011 - Screens

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    Also, the proposed changes GONNA get implented, unless the massive majority disagree, which is not the case. The only thing we can complain and change is the super fuggly glass blockers. Sadly I'm not a designer to sugest anything better. My personal idea is get titanium instead of glass, but everybody loves translucid things
    Pfff, you and a few others hate it. Majority of us like it.

GOD HAIL THE END OF PET STUCK IN BS!!!
    Yeah, like those were the only things that affected pet pathing on BS.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    I'm right, your wrong NANANANANA
    I fixed that for you. My replies were based on fact AND experience. I'm an active BS player since day 1 of the xpac. Pets do not get stuck in open areas. There are no LOS issues due to open space. Most AFK'ers do not waste time by repeatedly moving halfway across the BS and dying, hence the title "afk'er".

__________________________________________________ ______________________

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    It doesn't matter what it seems like TO YOU.
    Oh, the irony!

I think it's a reasonable response. Seems like many people believe that their opinion amounts to some absolute decree from an omnipotent being...

So, you have the ability to speak for the beliefs of Funcom without appearing "omnipotent"? Where did you learn your mind reading skill?....oh wait, you are omnipotent, nvm......

The blocked areas are going in.....Live with it.
    There you go speaking on behalf of Funcom again. Should we start some kind of worship ritual for you, oh supreme one?

*sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Lusos101 View Post
    NOES, what the battlestation should be is a "carousel" with the cannonfooder standing still on a rotary platform and the ubarestubars competing with each other to see who can farm the most kills.
    I have to confess that when I first read your post, Lusos, I thought that it was funny. A bit exaggerated, but funny. As I have read more of the posts in this thread, I have found my opinion shifting a bit. It's still funny but not nearly so exaggerated as I originally thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanana View Post
    I actually like the portals, as long as they aren't misused.

As I've mentioned earlier in the thread getting ahead of someone that ran off down the corridor from A-->Core by jumping in the teleport is fun and I hope that you can still do that.

One thing that would improve BS in general is a working BS playfield Map. I don't see why we aren't able to see the locations of other players in there. This would improve things immensely imo.
    Let me start this off by saying that, although I am quoting you, Tanana, I am not aiming these comments specifically at you. Others have said pretty much the same things and, if any of them care to take me to task as well, feel free.

You're saying that teleport hoppers are exploiters, they're abusing the portals, they're not using them the "correct" way. How do you know what the "correct" way is? Has FC put it down in black and white somewhere? Something like:

OFFICIAL FUNCOM STATEMENT: The following is the correct way to use battle station teleports. Blah, blah, blah ...

I'm going to jump ahead of myself here and guess that they haven't. Otherwise, you and others would undoubtedly have referred to it already. What this leaves is the inescapable conclusion that what you, and the others, are actually saying is, "Portals are to be used only to bring yourself within my killing range. Any use to escape from me or to avoid combat with me is an exploit and is strictly forbidden."

You're saying it's fun (and presumably acceptable) to use the portals to try to head someone off. It's hard to see how you can justify that and, at the same time, declare that it's unacceptable to use them to try to escape.

If it's OK to use the portals to try to escape combat, is it the number of times that someone uses them that is the problem? If so, what's the magic number?

Quote Originally Posted by Lektronik View Post
    nonsense about Obtena
    Hey, do you have something relevant to say about the topic or? Probably not, based on your obsession with posting about me.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jun 2nd, 2011 at 02:46:33.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Yeah, okay.

Last time I was at battlestation I didnt have clue as what to do. No-one said much to me other than "go to point A and make an anti personal turret as soon as they deduced that I was a total gimp newb. So I sat there and waited and waited and waited and pointed the turret here and there and waited. Someone came along and I shot at them and they left and so I waited a whole lot more. Then we won! Didnt know why at the time but what the heck. So I went back and signed up once more.

Next time I ran around for a bit just to have a look and got killed many times. However, we still won. Got a nice look at the station tho.

So I went and signed up again and this time morphed into a mech and made a real pain in the ass of myself by bothering the heros and uberman. I made a medium sized mech and when they got tired of me one of them made a heavy mech and since I had enough brains to do a hit and run campaign it was kinda fun. We won again. Of course, I had nothing much to do with it other than occupy some of the other übermenschen time.

See the problem is is that I have never made a high level toon that can make imps so I dont really make uber toons or twinks. So i just basically run around and explore and help others with the low level RK dungeons and info. Which, by the way, alot of people do. Sooo all this talk about BS changes and what is good and not good about it makes my eyes hurt. I just wanna have fun. So if they do make a Gimp Carousel in the BS I hope we can at least jump to the right and left a bit and emote.

As for the new opi look, all I can say is that it makes me kinda cringe that sometime soon I will be hearing some cyber/pedo person tell me what beautiful green eyes I have. Sigh. Like the new transparent BS thingie look tho.
    Last edited by Nobeznohoney; Jun 2nd, 2011 at 03:57:15.

I fixed that for you. My replies were based on fact AND experience
    orly?

I'm an active BS player since day 1 of the xpac.
    have a cookie.

Pets do not get stuck in open areas.
    of course pets do not get stuck in open areas, and open areas are not getting closed, just areas that pets do get stuck in

There are no LOS issues due to open space.
    there are no line of sight issues in the areas that aren't getting closed off; hence why they will still be open and unchanged (the jury is still out on the machines in A/B/C that people can jump up on however. lets hope those are altered as well). the spiral ramp inside core and the small tunnels/elevations just outside core coming from B/C do however have LOS issues that can be abused and have been since bs opened. in picture 6 (i think) you can clearly see the spiral ramp in core is now closed off. big win for everyone. and in another picture you can see where the small tunnel/elevation has been glassed over, again ftw.

Most AFK'ers do not waste time by repeatedly moving halfway across the BS and dying, hence the title "afk'er".
    AFKers in bs will never disappear, but the main reasons for afking in BS are either

A) vp/daily farming afk'ers
    - I've found these people in the funniest locations, including the wings and up on the spiral ramp at core while chasing someone else up it. BS changes will force these people to find new and clever hiding spots, or just afk at spawn and people will know who they are. only idiots do that now, as being pegged an afk'er can't be a good thing one would think (even though there is the odd one that is lazy/dumb enough to do it blatantly in the open)

B) getting spawn camped, but need to finish daily so they afk in disgust
    - this sad scenario will be fixed with the new BS, so win-win for everyone but title farmers (happens a lot when sides aren't balance at all). I usually pull a last ditch if its really bad and turret up, but meh... each to their own.
    Last edited by SoapTarder; Jun 2nd, 2011 at 04:10:05.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Oh, maybe you portal hop Tech?
    I do.
    Lets see, I pop thru a portal and find a team waiting for me, I can A) Stand and die or B) try like hell to get away. Hmmm....Guess what Im goin to do?

If this is an "exploit", (lol), then why havent ppl been banned? YOU may not like it, but I, and evidently FC, really dont care what YOU like.

Ppl on here think we should be made to team in BS. Why? If I team a doc, crat and engie, I become GOD. Its like hunting leets, but not as much fun. So, I run solo, and apparently, I instantly become some anti social epeen monster. Its all about the challenge. Yes, I cap/defend points, cause, oh, wow! I want to win, too! The sanctimonious, holier than thou crowd in here need to get a grip. When u start paying my subscription, then u can tell me how to play.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Hey, do you have something relevant to say about the topic or? Probably not, based on your obsession with posting about me.
    Jesus ... are you Temor?
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

In group-pvp players wanna dodge corners and obstacles while 'reloading' or waiting our recharge.

It's called outplaying the opponent and using your toolset.

Wings are for example good for going 'silent' and capping points or join in on single-kills when odds are in favor.

There is professions designed for playing stealth, evacuation and pursuit.

Gamers enjoy playing stealth/counter-stealth or plays vs players attempting a tactical retreat, these changes eliminates the option of doing such gameplay and basicly makes it a duel-area...reproducing the spawncamping in the whole BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I'm not clear on why retreating or avoiding death is frowned upon in battlestations.
    It's not, standing still as if it is a duel and not trying to surrive is frowned upon and makes it boring for pvp-geeks.

During spawncamping, players often stop retreating/avoiding death to protest and kill the fun.
    Last edited by Lletah; Jun 2nd, 2011 at 11:06:01.

Another thing is to make mech-combat and anitmech-combat advanced and allow capping in one.

Anti-personell mech could be movable but with low speed f.x.

I fixed that for you. My replies were based on fact AND experience. I'm an active BS player since day 1 of the xpac. Pets do not get stuck in open areas. There are no LOS issues due to open space. Most AFK'ers do not waste time by repeatedly moving halfway across the BS and dying, hence the title "afk'er".

Oh, the irony!

So, you have the ability to speak for the beliefs of Funcom without appearing "omnipotent"? Where did you learn your mind reading skill?....oh wait, you are omnipotent, nvm......

There you go speaking on behalf of Funcom again. Should we start some kind of worship ritual for you, oh supreme one?

*sigh*
    You sir, just won the argument.
    Hometown
    Pockiee
    Stompbox
    Ransom
    Bcomplex
    Provocative

I find it amusing how anyone can "win the argument" by serving nothing but personal attacks.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    I find it amusing how anyone can "win the argument" by serving nothing but personal attacks.
    Then you should reread carefully to see who's attacking whom.
    Hometown
    Pockiee
    Stompbox
    Ransom
    Bcomplex
    Provocative

I did. As I recall, I was being called a 'fanboy' for not agreeing with your heros emotional rant. I haven't seen a single factual argument from that person in this thread. Sorry for calling it as it is.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    Jesus ... are you Temor?
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Lletah View Post
    In group-pvp players wanna dodge corners and obstacles while 'reloading' or waiting our recharge.

It's called outplaying the opponent and using your toolset.

Wings are for example good for going 'silent' and capping points or join in on single-kills when odds are in favor.

There is professions designed for playing stealth, evacuation and pursuit.

Gamers enjoy playing stealth/counter-stealth or plays vs players attempting a tactical retreat, these changes eliminates the option of doing such gameplay and basicly makes it a duel-area...reproducing the spawncamping in the whole BS.
    look at the screenshots again. wings are obviously not entirely closed. but, areas that have been changed/closed off are not just "retreat areas", but are also areas where you can pot shot at enemies while they cannot get in range, or where pets get stuck easily.

those areas getting fixed are easymode for stealth profs because they always give you a head start if you have to run, while still allowing you to attack your pursuers. running while still fighting is called kiting. call it stealth and retreat all you want, everyone else still calls it kiting. when your opponent cannot reach you, or has trouble reaching you, then its no different than nuking a heckler from a bridge.

the 3 second aimshot while out of sneak (that should've been implemented by now lol), clearly shows devs don't like kiting in pvp. add to that the current bs changes, and its clear they are trying to eliminate easymode ganking and kiting.

ranged professions already have a big advantage over melee. agents in particular can root, gank and tranquilize (or whatever the perk snare is called), so you do have a tool set available that keeps your targets away from you. maybe now it will get used as intended.

*edit* not to be taken the wrong way, I wasn't referring to just straight fleeing. thats obviously a sound tactic by itself. but thats not necessarily the issue being discussed here
    Last edited by SoapTarder; Jun 2nd, 2011 at 16:17:25.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    the 3 second aimshot while out of sneak (that should've been implemented by now lol), clearly shows devs don't like kiting in pvp. add to that the current bs changes, and its clear they are trying to eliminate easymode ganking and kiting.
    Add 20s cooldown on CH, assassinate and death-strike getting a huge improvement, perks being executed faster and an additional snipeshot action (like backstab) added to agents repetoir while the unique toolset gets a revamp...

What does it tell you?

I didn't call playing stealth for kiting, or evacuation/pursuit either, altho I do believe FC will still develope the game with having in mind kiting being a tactic. They actually have a daily (RATS!) dedicated to training

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I do.
    Lets see, I pop thru a portal and find a team waiting for me, I can A) Stand and die or B) try like hell to get away. Hmmm....Guess what Im goin to do?
    This isn't portal hopping.

Unless of course you mean that you intentionally use a teleport to say B, hit what-ever AoE debuff you might have and immediately zone back into A and start repeating that process.

Or

Unless you mean that you zone to B, find a player (it doesn't have to be a team) waiting for you, and then spend the next couple of minutes zoning repeatedly in and out of A/B to make it more difficult for the attaker to engage you.

Hey, just because you can do something doesn't mean it's intended or that FC have thought about how it can be mis-used. After all...erm...isn't that what exploits are? Otherwise they wouldn't be exploits right...if you couldn't use them?

But I'm assuming that you just mean that you zone into an area, find a team and decide to leg it out of the zone. A BS map as I suggested would help you out here. You'd be able to see just what size of force awaits you on the other side of that portal and call for friends or avoid it altogether.

Unless of course you mean that you intentionally use a teleport to say B, hit what-ever AoE debuff you might have and immediately zone back into A and start repeating that process.
    Outplay the player?

anyone noticed how empty game is ? and how long u wait for anything to happen ?(unless u play solo all the time).... Well..soon all this topics wont matter, and it wont matter if u guys keep on topic or not if no positive thing will happen to change this downhill slide.. pfft. Devs..did u notice this silence in game ? well atleast forums are active enough
    ~ Live the dream ~

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast