Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - May 27th, 2011 - Screens

I hope there's a new FWM soon.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I agree with Masta. I even could take a FW(o)MMWKEWOTS (Friday with(out) Means made with Kintaii's evil wall of text skills) after this short FWM.

Hey, when the FWM is short, the community makes up for it!
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

can always hope this weeks fwm is longer and more info giving on stuff.... but doubt it
    For the funz....

Maybe this weeks FwM will discuss when and if Vhabs "login replacement project" will ever hit live.
    seems like that was announced half a year ago, when it was finished....

*edit* my bad, it was announced on march 11, 2011, and confirmed as being completed near that date too elsewhere...
    Last edited by SoapTarder; Jun 3rd, 2011 at 14:52:31.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    Maybe this weeks FwM will discuss when and if Vhabs "login replacement project" will ever hit live.
    seems like that was announced half a year ago, when it was finished....

*edit* my bad, it was announced on march 11, 2011, and confirmed as being completed near that date too elsewhere...
    They have even problem get "windowed full screen" (already coded by Vhab) into live...
    Dragocz RK1

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venachar View Post
    Yes. I'm a total idiot. Please don't quote that last sentence out of context
    Well Duh lol.

I have chronic dyslexia of the keyboard..

Zen.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    I'm betting 20m that today's FMW will contain news on the apparent lack of progress.
    Where do we collect?
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Where do we collect?
    What do you think you won?

What progress does the new FWM tell us about, engines out next week or something?

There ain't even any screenies for god sake!

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Where do we collect?
    You have to bet first to win. And had you done that you still would've lost. Nothing new in there. He praises his staff. Fine. But nothing "new" there.

I'm betting 20m that today's FMW will contain news on the apparent lack of progress. Possibly a few heads rendered in 3ds max and some excuses why things haven't gone as planned and pretty much nothing else.

Who's betting against me?
    You have to bet first to win. And had you done that you still would've lost. Nothing new in there. He praises his staff. Fine. But nothing "new" there.
    You lost the bet, because there were no news on the apparent lack of progress. There were, in fact, a lot of 'thank you' to the various team members for what they did do the past week.
    I don't see anyone betting against you though, so I guess your 20m is safe.
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    You lost the bet, because there were no news on the apparent lack of progress. There were, in fact, a lot of 'thank you' to the various team members for what they did do the past week.
    I don't see anyone betting against you though, so I guess your 20m is safe.
    There was news on the lack of progress, it was just so subtle that you missed it. You need to read between the lines...no new engine vids, no new screen shots of various different locations and...omg...no more heads! The abscence of this = news about lack of progress

Lack of news about lack of progress does not equal news about lack of progress.
    Lack of news about progress does not equal news about lack of progress, either.
    Last edited by Demoder; Jun 4th, 2011 at 20:47:50.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the date on the threat title is one year behind, this makes tEh engine seems like it has been delaye even moaR!!

Lack of news about progress does not equal news about lack of progress, either.
    Maybe it doesn't technically speaking. But if you are able to put two and two together I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    ...I pop thru a portal and find a team waiting for me, I can A) Stand and die or B) try like hell to get away. Hmmm....Guess what Im goin to do?
    I try B, usually, but due to my crappy reaction time, it looks like I am doing A.

If this is an "exploit", (lol)...
    "Exploit", to me, seems like the most serious thing to say in just about any discussion on AO. That being the case, do we toss it out for any play style that we disagree with and/or that resulted in a virtual arse-whooping for us? I guess so. Maybe I should change my siggy quote to:

PvPDood: Hey, come back and duel me again, I hardly ever get to fight a gimp like you!
    Meboru: Oh yeah, well I am /petitioning you even as I am typing this...you darn dirty sploiter you!

YOU may not like it, but I, and evidently FC, really dont care what YOU like.
    As I have suggested before, if you do not like something, you are probably better off trying to persuade the official dude who shows up to answer your petition than trying to do the same on these forums at whoever the heck "FC" actually is.
    Liamboru 220 Engineer - Brianboru 220 Soldier - Padraigboru 150 Soldier - Tadghboru 60 Engineer - Cormacboru 15 Engineer
    ...and ofc, the army of buff hoes
    ------------------------------------
    PvPDood: Hey, come back and duel me again, I hardly ever get to fight a gimp like you! - Get a /tell like that and it sort of makes you want to evaluate what you thought was a twink!

Walker
    : Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy!
    Texas Ranger
    : I don't even know what that means, but I love it!

And that is relevant to what, exactly?
    If you care to scroll up a bit you will see that I already stated that technically speaking lack of news about progress does not equal news about lack of progress. Just as you said. You are pushing an open door here.

But if you think one step further, reading about the staff getting praised for doing this and that while the results we see regarding the things that truly matters. Meaning the engine and the rebalancing, kind of speak for themselves.

The sum of it is that there are no real news worth mentioning even if they aren't there in print.

But if you think one step further, reading about the staff getting praised for doing this and that while the results we see regarding the things that truly matters. Meaning the engine and the rebalancing, kind of speak for themselves.
    You should never state an opinion as a fact. Engine and re-balance is apparently the only thing which matters to you; But you keep saying it's the only thing which matters for everyone.

You should never state an opinion as a fact. Engine and re-balance is apparently the only thing which matters to you; But you keep saying it's the only thing which matters for everyone.
    You really find it worthwhile to read a list of thank you's in FWM as appose to being updated on the progress FC have made towards the new engine and rebalancing?

Now I'm not doubting that the thank you's were well deserved or that they shouldn't have been given. I can well imagine that Mean's values each and everyone of his team and gives them praise accordingly. However, this could have been done in a memo around the office or face to face, I get the feeling that the team working on AO is very close knit.

There's no reason to make a entire FWM about it, and having nothing about any progress (not even any heads!) is like waving a red rag at a bull. The message about lack of progress is just as strong as saying 'we've made no progress this week'

I for one couldn't really care less about the engine update or rebalance. As others have pointed out when you have played and loved the game for so many years whats a fresh lick of paint going to do to your own personal game experience. It may hopefully bring in a fresh player base.

As far as the rebalance goes untill it hits live I am very sceptical that it will be a success. I can't fathom how you even start to balance professions without expecting that one will always come out on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanana View Post
    You really find it worthwhile to read a list of thank you's in FWM as appose to being updated on the progress FC have made towards the new engine and rebalancing?
    What I think is irrelevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanana View Post
    There's no reason to make a entire FWM about it, and having nothing about any progress (not even any heads!) is like waving a red rag at a bull. The message about lack of progress is just as strong as saying 'we've made no progress this week'
    It's not up to you (nor me) to decide what FWM should be about; That's up to Means.
    That aside, you should get your facts right. You claim there were no reports of progress... Please see the quote below and try to say that again, okay?

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    2. Addressing old ATI rendering issues to finalize the delayed next version that includes the "not shade" item changes.
    3. Thank you Parsed for continuing your tireless efforts to get the engine done.
    4. Thank you Macrosun for the new "catch up to your target" mechanic.
    5. Thank you Genele (...)we get the best possible system changes that we can. Thank you for pushing me away from the easy choices to make sure this is done right.
    6. Thank you Mstrbstrd for the over 30 different revisions to the Battlestation to make it run smoother at all levels.
    9. Thank you Kintaii (...) while working very, very late trying to get the new Pandemonium experience complete and interesting.
    Last edited by Demoder; Jun 7th, 2011 at 13:14:14.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast