Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Victory Points, what else should they purchase?

/agree with the op. Pvm'ers are going to be able to farm the new pf mobs for vp, why can't pvp'ers get chests for vp?

2 million credits for 1000 VP is not going to hurt the economy. That's 60 million credits for one back item, not counting the special edition helmets or the rest of the set. You'd have to be a pretty lame PvPer (me) in order to blow that much money on OFAB items instead of waiting till TL7 and doing the BS daily. By the way, Alien Dailies. Do want--and turn VP into a mission reward instead of making players fight over boogers.
    A.W. Morgan, Esquire
    Rimor
    West Athens
    Apartment Complex 4/Door 4

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfowitz View Post
    2 million credits for 1000 VP is not going to hurt the economy. That's 60 million credits for one back item, not counting the special edition helmets or the rest of the set. You'd have to be a pretty lame PvPer (me) in order to blow that much money on OFAB items instead of waiting till TL7 and doing the BS daily. By the way, Alien Dailies. Do want--and turn VP into a mission reward instead of making players fight over boogers.
    Be that as it may, 2k VP for 1million credits will damn well hurt the economy.

I know a couple people that already hold 1mil+ VP - that's 500 million credits already. Every win on BS would give everyone on the winning side 550k, not including the sticks that would give you extra creds. Sure BS will be more active, but for the entirely wrong reasons - you will have people farming the BS for such easy cash it won't be funny.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Turning VP in for money has something mercenary to it.
    A hired/payed soldier.

I think it's not a bad idea and perhaps more can be done with this idea.

I'd never make VP buyable by cridits though, but turning in VP for money somewhere seems realistic.
    Nesjamag 220/30/70 Shade
    Nesjamah 220/23/69 MP
    Nesjahero 150/16/42 Keeper
    Nesjasol 220/26/58 Soldier
    Nesjawild 150/19/35 Advy

The Asylum

new social armors (nodrop) for VP would bring fresh blood in bs for sure, like daily pvp quest did.
    (but we'll need a lot of new clothes ^^)

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post

I know a couple people that already hold 1mil+ VP - that's 500 million credits already.
    That's where you introduce diminishing returns or alter the ratio of VP to Cred.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Custom mechs that also have high PVM or PVP functionality (if a pvmer does enough BS to earn the VP for one, they deserve a PVP functional reward).

Battlestation Grafts: More varieties of nanos in hacked graft forms that are limited to the battlestation but also provide quality advantages. Examples are Take the Shot, Dark Movement, Corruscating Screen, etc.

Enhanced towers: This idea was used before, and as something that can be destroyed and replaced, it makes it require pvpers to continue to obtain VP.

Portable battlestation register device: Sign up for BS (or the pvp zone) from any location once you are a veteran of the battlestations.

Bump for expensive social items.

Unique social pet nanos: Why not, I would grind VP for a stupid pet monkey, floating seal, or even a baby bileswarm.

I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of item you can wear (capes? We've got a severe lack of capes ingame) that you can right-click-upgrade depending on your solo level.

There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Every win on BS would give everyone on the winning side 550k, not including the sticks that would give you extra creds. Sure BS will be more active, but for the entirely wrong reasons - you will have people farming the BS for such easy cash it won't be funny.
    Considering that BS rounds usually last 15-30 mins, that's not a lot. It's easy to blitz RK missions for 5-10mil an hour, which is way more than BS would give at this conversion rate. Farming S10 gives several tens of millions per hour.

Is it just that getting credits should be a grind and if something is fun, you shouldn't be able to benefit from it too?

Hologram PD: Mossy Rock for VP would be uber.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikenche View Post
    Considering that BS rounds usually last 15-30 mins, that's not a lot. It's easy to blitz RK missions for 5-10mil an hour, which is way more than BS would give at this conversion rate. Farming S10 gives several tens of millions per hour.

Is it just that getting credits should be a grind and if something is fun, you shouldn't be able to benefit from it too?
    You completely missed the point of my post.

I'm saying people would be able to farm the Battlestation and the "sticks" to gain near-effortless money. I'm not saying it should be a "grind" but you shouldn't be able to do it without any work.

remove the ND flag from the low lvl ofab amor - ql 100 yes drop at ql 125+ its nodrop

or give us how in WoW acc items.. a acc only rbp for xxx vp that u can transfer via ig email to your alts... or a acc only little burden with the half of the stats.. min lvl 175+ 15 to all abis

@OP.
    Your idea is great.

Waiting outside of BS would be a thing of the past, lots of people would want to join in.

BIG BUMP.

Make VP accesable for all characters on ur account Pay a fair share to transfer VP between them, but make it so u can farm VP on main for alts! Would be very nice with something like that.

And i agree with some here about selling VP's. It wouldnt necesserily be bad for the economy, but it sure sould give people a reason to get even more VP's after they got their ofab or tokens or whatever they needed. It wouldnt only make the rich richer, it would give everyone an opportunity to make money quite easily

Instead of a direct exchange of VP for creds, how about you purchase a yesdrop item in the tower shop, 'VP transfer 1000vp' for example, which you can then either sell via the shopping channels, GMS or transfer to your alt? Upon right-click the VP is obtained by the user of the item.

My thinking is that if VP is an item that needs to be sold, just like the majority of PVM loot, then it will be open to being affected by the economy in terms of price. This would also allow PVP'ers to purchase items from other players and pay directly in VP.
    Rimor:
    Russless - 220 Opifex Agent
    Moriarty - 220 Solitus Crat
    Urassis - 170 Nano-mage NT
    Eccles - 219 Opifex fixer
    Subwaysplat - 25 Atrox Enforcer
    Templetastic - 60 Atrox Enforcer
    Shishkabob - Opifex Shade
    Goonagal - Atrox Keeper

Proud Member of The Empire

Quote Originally Posted by Russless View Post
    Instead of a direct exchange of VP for creds, how about you purchase a yesdrop item in the tower shop, 'VP transfer 1000vp' for example, which you can then either sell via the shopping channels, GMS or transfer to your alt? Upon right-click the VP is obtained by the user of the item.

My thinking is that if VP is an item that needs to be sold, just like the majority of PVM loot, then it will be open to being affected by the economy in terms of price. This would also allow PVP'ers to purchase items from other players and pay directly in VP.
    Very good idea with an item able to sell and do whatever u want with. That would be a great thing to add, maybe even make different "packs" of vp's to sell. Like 5k 5m for example, or maybe even 10m. Just random prices i say now. And then bigger packs with 20k, 50k, 100k VP for ofc a price that makes it worth it.

I know a couple people that already hold 1mil+ VP - that's 500 million credits already.
    The same people equipement is worth how much ??
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

I'd like to finance a Yalm that doesn't cap with the current runspeed cap. 160k VP shall be my down payment.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Portable battlestation register device: Sign up for BS (or the pvp zone) from any location once you are a veteran of the battlestations.
    Those people that run BS regularly will spend a lot of time near BS terminals anyway. It would be more like a novelty item for them. PvM folks that might like to run occasional BS round for VP might be more willing to join BS if such device existed. If they are running the BS just for the VP though then what are the chances that they would spend their precious VP on that rather than armor, weapons and nanos...

Every win on BS would give everyone on the winning side 550k, not including the sticks that would give you extra creds. Sure BS will be more active, but for the entirely wrong reasons - you will have people farming the BS for such easy cash it won't be funny.
    At 15 min / round in average, 550K per win is a rather poor income . . . Problem would be pvper with a million in stock, and even then i m not sure it would hurt economy that much. Maybe 30 persons have in the million VP per server ? That would be 15 bil added to the economy.

As a point of comparaison, when FC introduced Three Crater, that was around 100 more cities, in the 500M per which is way higher then old school city or instanced city price, which was a 50 bil credit sink approx. I just think the scale of the economy is more astronomical then what most people think, and 15 billions, or even 50, is not really significant.

But anyway, that s up to FC, and they should have all the data about that - so they could very well introduce this and scale it so that it doesn't crush the economy.

Fact is, 550K per /win is almost laughable when people in s10 do about 30M/hour.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast