Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: If you agree that nerfing AS for most profs is the first step to really balancing pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    Top of the food chain should exist in every game, and it does. They're often called "winners" don't know if you heard of that term. They're people with good means to fight (class, equipment) and the ability to control those (skill, reflexes).
    "Top of the food chain" indicates a high level of superiority in the overall scheme of PvP, towards all professions. Yes, you can also call them winners, but not justly. The reason they are winners is because they are overpowered and imbalanced with the game in-general, which is why "top of the food chain" should not exist.

Just because you are a winner doesn't mean you have to be top of the food chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    If you think AO should be special and there should be no one on top and everyone should be equal with the same weapon special, even though it's a competitive game (obviously it's competitive since it has pvp), you're a retard.
    Sadly, you fail at reading and comprehension. I never said anything suggesting that everyone should be equal with the same weapon special.

I believe that each profession should have his/her own toolset that is powerful enough to give any character a reasonable chance at killing someone who has spent time farming phatz. Notice I said "reasonable". Obviously someone who has spent time farming phatz should have some kind of leading edge but it shouldn't be such a wide gap as it is today.

Nerfing AS before fixing such a gap is a recipe for /fail, plain and simple.
    Last edited by Perfekt; May 13th, 2009 at 20:33:18. Reason: spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by Perfekt View Post
    Nerfing AS before fixing such a gap is a recipe for /fail, plain and simple.
    Well I never suggested anything like that so:

Quote Originally Posted by Perfekt View Post
    Sadly, you fail at reading and comprehension.
    My post is on page 1.

Leave it to paf not to realize that Perfekt isn't even making sense--he's just trolling. lol

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

Hmmm epic.

I'd settle to the only logical choice for my profession, since i admit that i am a selfish a**.

Nerf AS for everyone but traders.

Joke aside.

A hard nerf to make it a normal special attack would be a good idea.

A possible split up of PVM and PVP toolset altogether would be a good idea.

Heals and defenses are still engineered to perform well in PVM. To compensate this, Aimed shot is the only viable option.

So, what does need a nerf first? The cause or the effect?

1+1=2?
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Obtena 3100 ar with a pretty good setup sucks for a prof with no heals, no debuffs, avg def and is realiant on perks to kill people.

In mass situations we aren't even considered a target because we are a meatshield that is better off kited and ignored rather than a threat that needs to be killed. In order to support others the best in mass pvp we have either been perking MR so our perks can actually land (sometimes), or we hotswap to AS using a supernova.

Both are stupid, and one of both of those is used by a majority of every single profession in AO except NTs to make up for inferior alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    Statistics are facts. What you just posted is an opinion. Here's a handy guide to help you out:

http://pbskids.org/arthur/games/factsopinions/
    Wow.. epic retort.

@Gatester: Enforcers aren't killed first in pvp because it takes a year to wear them down (unless you're soldier, or agent maybe). If you have something near you in pvp, that is hostile as well and that dies easier than an enforcer, you take that down first before you start hitting on the enforcer. As taking on two toons is generally not good for your health - killing the other guy before the enforcer is simply the easiest way to get rid of the second toon, even if you were already wailing away on the enforcer.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    Wow.. epic retort.

@Gatester: Enforcers aren't killed first in pvp because it takes a year to wear them down (unless you're soldier, or agent maybe). If you have something near you in pvp, that is hostile as well and that dies easier than an enforcer, you take that down first before you start hitting on the enforcer. As taking on two toons is generally not good for your health - killing the other guy before the enforcer is simply the easiest way to get rid of the second toon, even if you were already wailing away on the enforcer.
    Same reason i go for the greens first, fast and easy kills and then i can concentrate on the yellows, greens might be easy to kill but you don't want to have them hanging around after AMS goes down xD

Back on topic tho, its fairly obvious that SOMETHING needs to happen to AS, the way i see it AO PvP is FUBAR, a tangle of caps and toolsets that aint really that compatible, imo lots of nerfing needs to be done, and lots of boosting also at then, and even some new code is needed...

(If you nerf AS you have to nerf Evades, if you nerf evades you have to nerf solider and enfo(?) AR)
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Enlighten me, what entitles Fixers and MAs better AS performance than say, Crats?

What says that Soldiers should have better AS performance than professions you didn't mention, in the light of having well performing weapons with FA/Burst?

Do tell.
    MAs at least have green bow skill. They were originally intended to use fists + Bow, so if we go by FC logic of going by these outdated descriptors, MAs and Agents should have best AS. =P
    Squad Commander of Paragon

Kaelde ~ little gimpy engi of doom
    Ecrisi ~ Even squishier than Kae, if that was at all possible

I would have to agree with Sterva on this. Nerf as and find other solutions for pvp .
    Drtheron B 220/30 Atrox Doc First AI30 atrox doc on RK1
    Stilithium B 220/12 Nanomage Doc PVP project

Nttheron B 220/16 Atrox NT Ao easymode pvp is: on
    Lithvium B 220/13 Solitius Crat DD hoe project
    Zystem B 208/8 Nanomage Engineer Tradeskiller

+ A couple of alts in progress

Def check on AS, plx. Damage calculation and cycles can stay as they are. This is the proper fix for onehander and supernova.

That way, no profs can be denied a fair fixing for pvp based on the "just equip an AS weapon" cop-out. (unfortunately, AS has to be nerfed before profs who are unfairly made to depend on it can be boosted -- otherwise you'd just have people whining about how OP this new balancing is when combined with AS).
    Hlep gnak!

nerfing AS would make evade profs godmode
    Perskules 220/30 Soldier
    Paholainen 220/30 Mp
    Vihu 220/30 Fixer
    Vihulainen 170/22 Fixer
    Persku 170/16 Doctor
    Rankeli 161/16 Tra
    Viikinki 150/20 Keep

Quote Originally Posted by Perskules View Post
    Yes, therefor an AS nerf should come along with a new calculation model for evades, absorbs and heals.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

If you nerf AS the way I said in OP you wouldn't.

Just change the crit multiplier per prof. AS can ALWAYS hit, but, just wouldn't have such a drastic effect if your prof isn't as "skilled"

Agent x10
    MA trader x7
    MP, fixer, soldier x5
    everyone else x3

fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by noobastank View Post

Just change the crit multiplier per prof. AS can ALWAYS hit, but, just wouldn't have such a drastic effect if your prof isn't as "skilled"

Agent x10
    MA trader x7
    MP, fixer, soldier x5
    everyone else x3

fixed.
    should be

agent 10x
    mp,trader,solja 7x
    fixer,ma 5x
    rest 3x
    Perskules 220/30 Soldier
    Paholainen 220/30 Mp
    Vihu 220/30 Fixer
    Vihulainen 170/22 Fixer
    Persku 170/16 Doctor
    Rankeli 161/16 Tra
    Viikinki 150/20 Keep

should be

agent 10x
    mp,trader,solja 7x
    fixer,ma 5x
    rest 3x
    Debump for the Xan of Envy / ABC (or Craphander) combo. Soldiers should get 5x since they already have a realiable capping special. IMO at least.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

should be

agent 10x
    mp,trader,solja 7x
    fixer,ma 5x
    rest 3x
    Any particular reason, beyond that you are one, that you think Soldiers need good AS?

Or that MPs deserve it more then MA (of the two AS Bow users, the other being MP, MA is the one with the Bow buffs)?

I'm not seeing any logic or reasoning to your placement of professions which leads me to believe you ranked them according to personal interest, a very common trait on these forums.

I think Noobastanks layout was pretty smack on, I'll give my reasons why:

Agent: 10x (we all know why)

Trader, MA: 7x (Traders main damage is AS, MAs have support for it)

MP, Fixer, Soldier: 5x (MP and Fixer are support professions, they have other useful traits in combat; Soldiers, while artillery, have large damage as is from other sources more suited to their profession. Masters of ranged weapon and spewing bullets; not precision.)

Rest: 3x (Melee professions with little reason to need ranged weapons, Crats, Docs and Engi while being support and ranged like Fixer have damage from other sources (pets, DoT), other defenses (blockers, evades, heals) and lack the support that MPs have.

I miss anyone?
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

I'm sure enough nemesis profs could offset that. For example, nerfing AS wouldn't affect the NT/fixer balance -- at least not in a positive way for the fixer. (and many soldiers already complain that 3 profs that can touch them in AMS is too many).

Quote Originally Posted by noobastank View Post

Agent x10
    MA trader x7
    MP, fixer, soldier x5
    everyone else x3

fixed.
    Prof specific effect like that gives me the vibe of the how-AR-over-1000-affects-damage-scaling "balancing" between profs from SL launch. It's not a good vibe. Should be skill based instead.

At least for trader, MP, and fixer on your list, I'd say they're prime candidates for the list of profs who "depend" on AS today, but really shouldn't have to. Tigress and Silverback mk 6 are (were?) just a way of papering over the real problems with a weak offensive toolset -- appease the shouting crowd and make them put away their torches and pitchforks, and maybe get back to the real problem later some time.
    Hlep gnak!

agent 10x (all know why)

mp,trader,solja 7x (mp main damage is AS and its supported on items and perks) (solja is master of ranget weapons) (traders starts cry too much if they AS get nerfed)

fixer,ma 5x (MAs got lots damage anyways) (fixers dont deserve 2x capping special)
    rest 3x
    Perskules 220/30 Soldier
    Paholainen 220/30 Mp
    Vihu 220/30 Fixer
    Vihulainen 170/22 Fixer
    Persku 170/16 Doctor
    Rankeli 161/16 Tra
    Viikinki 150/20 Keep

(MAs got lots damage anyways)
    Right cause Soldiers don't.

Soldiers have a **** load of damage, a lot more (due to being ranged in part) then MAs so if you want to put MAs down low because of their damage potential, Soldiers best be right beside them or lower.

As I said in my post, Soldiers may be masters of ranged weapons; that doesn't mean they are masters at all ranged weapons. Knowing how to hold a gun and spew bullets semi-accurately is a totally different skill set then knowing how to fire a single shot with precision. People don't become snipers/marksmens by learning how to unload a M16 magazine.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

I'm just going to accept all of the posts fighting about which profs and how AS should be nerfed as bumps in agreement that AS should be nerfed first, which is in fact, the only legitimate purpose of this thread.

Thanks!

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast