Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Have you met other players in RL?

Have you met other players in RL?

Hey everyone,

it is a pretty simple question i think, so i am looking forward to your answers.

Reason that i ask for is a presentation i have to do on monday in my english class, i thought it was finished but i just presented it to my Leet-Doll and it was only about 6-7 minutes long but i have to make it about 10 minutes

So what i am asking for now is just a (very short) statement or something if and how/why you met other AO-Players in RL.

wanted to make a poll btw but i couldn´t, so i will make it the other way and pick some of the best storys to present them or something like this

Thanks for your help.

Going to start myself btw.

I met my Orgmates in Real-Life because we decided to make an Organizations meeting and have some barbecue and play ao together and make some touristy things in Berlin

In addition to this i met alot of you in Oslo at the "open funcom office day"

Oh and i met one of my former girlfriends in the game and started a relationship with her after we met a few times in RL.

Met an orgmate after hearing he was going through hard times. Figured I'd fly out to hang out with him. I had a blast. Met another orgmate when I was on vacation near Chicago and another guy helped me move. It's always been a blast.
    Waiting for a cure.

I have, I went to the party in Oslo last year. I did however at one point miss when 2 of my RL friends who were my orgmates way back when, went to copenhagen to meet several of our other org members.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

My org usually does 1-2 RL meetings every year. Great fun.
    Marijke88::220|30|70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Phexuz::220|30|70 Opifex Fixer
    Doppelripp::220|30|70 Opifex Bureaucrat
    Arbitrage::220|30|70 Opifex Trader
    Truxal::220|30|70 Opifex Doctor
    Brennstab::220|30|70 Opifex Nano-Technician
    Wurstmacher::200|30|70 Opifex Shade

Proud Advisor of Insomnia Gravis
    Account created: 2005-01-13

I'v never met anybody in game who is from my country, and didnt have much opportunities to travel around, so didnt met as many people as i would maybe want to...
    Met nice omni couple few years ago when i went to holiday to the city where they used to live.
    Also met one org mate 2 years ago, then we started relationship, then after year and a half i moved to his country and we started living together, and we are gettin married in 2 months.
    President of Mayhem (OTC)

i don't play well with others

I never met anyone from AO in RL (that wasn't already a RL friend) but I have had a girl (from england) from my old WoW guild come here to visit and vica versa. in the last few years I haven't been able to travel much so I never got to go to the Oslo meetup AO had not long ago and such.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Nope.
    Hoping I'll be able to attend the next FC event thing though!
    Colawren - Gimpest stripped adventurer on RK1.
    Reroll Enthusiast.
    The alts: Colawrenn, Iriotz, Empea

Proud member of Forsaken and Unity of the Rose.

From my own personal experience, no - but my sister *is* married to someone she met over AO, so perhaps that counts for your project.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

When I meet someone from AO in real life it always turns into a sword fight because I assume it's like a Highlander thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

I sure have! I met fellow players and DJs of GridStream Productions in 2006 at my first Dragon*Con. It was a total blast. Since, I've met other players here and there, conventions, FC offices, etc. =)
    Lauri
    Cookiemonger

The Original GSP Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    When I meet someone from AO in real life it always turns into a sword fight because I assume it's like a Highlander thing.
    Ah, Highlander... now that was one awesome movie. Shame it had to spawn about 7000 horrible sequels :/
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

I've met several GSP DJ's and Dancers and AO Players and ARKs and Funcom staff at DragonCon. Also, there are several of us who live in my local area that try to get together from time to time.
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

I've met several friends from Wow and one from Vanguard but none from AO (yet). I suspect this is due to the fact that so many of my AO friends are in Europe and I am in the US. This may change over the summer when I will be in Cluj visiting family.

In hungary we always do a lots of RL meetings,point is to talk about AO and get as drunk as you can.

Haven't met any of them yet, but a couple of us are planning a visit once we can work out the details. So, eventually
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by ElBoogy View Post
    I met my Orgmates in Real-Life because we decided to make an Organizations meeting and have some barbecue and play ao together and make some touristy things in Berlin
    Ohaii.. Berlin here too :P

I have met 2 AO friends in RL already. One was easy to meet, since he's in Berlin too.
    The other one, i spent a (too) short vacation last summer in his house. Awesome time.

Shadow Atlantians

= Tikra :: 220 Advy (Inf Hater) | Inevitable :: 220 Crat (Hunting stuffz) | Gotnobuffs :: 210 MP (TS Totem) | Atlantiana :: 200 Solja (Clueless Blondie) =
    = Unabletonuke :: 160 NT (Kitehill Victim) | Aliumeater :: 150 MA (S10 Citizen) | Canhazcalms :: 100 Froob Crat (Foremans Slave) | Canhazbaffs :: 163 Froob Agent (Buffbox) =

PVM all the way

I met Entventurer once. It ended with me being kicked out a club for throwing up in the toilets.
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

Yes
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast