Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - August 12th, 2011- Press Q to Attack

Funcom employee Friday with Means - August 12th, 2011- Press Q to Attack

Again with the vacation..sigh. Genele and Macrosun are visiting New York this week and I hope they are having a good time. Genele has begun the process of discussing some of the other aspects of rebalance work (ie: ACs, NR, Caps) with the professionals and will make these ideas public when they have been well discussed.

Before he left Macrosun completed some a great "on screen text" feature we will be using in the New Player Experience. The ability to put a large message on the screen out of the chat will come in handy during a tutorial process...looking for needed messages in the chat while playing isn't exactly ideal.

Press "Q" to Attack!

Parsed has been busy the last couple weeks integrating fixes we have received from the central rendering group. With the latest version of the Conan engine out and stable on the Conan live environment they have found a lot more time to work with us...which has been greatly appreciated. Work the last couple weeks has been on trying to sort out some minor differences in ground geometry between the old and new clients. The actual collision used is generated in the old version of the engine (all gameplay mechanics are still adjusted in the old systems) so if the ground isn't a good match it makes for floating buildings/people etc. Part of the problem was stemming from triangle diagonals in Conan ground being parallel while being alternating in old AO. (AO's system is better!) Shadows have also received a first go at optimization. Go Parsed, GO!

The version that was supposed to hit TestLive last week was finally deployed yesterday with a huge number of fixes to daily missions and adjustments to the two new single team instances. Nice to see this enormous update getting closer

Have a great weekend everyone!

Edit: German Translation
    Last edited by Kintaii; Aug 12th, 2011 at 16:31:05.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

That's all folks!
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

Third, do I get a bronze medal?
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

I can has hats nauw, plz?
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

It's Press Q to Play ... not Press Q to Attack ...
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

7th! Doh....
    220/30/70 Martial Artist
    General of The Red Brotherhood
    A Rubi-Ka Story - youtube
    TRB Presentation Video divx | wegame

Means, will the new engine let you have move able walls?
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

... and another week gone by without any significant information on the nanochanges progress *sigh*

The version that was supposed to hit TestLive last week was finally deployed yesterday with a huge number of fixes to daily missions and adjustments to the two new single team instances. Nice to see this enormous update getting closer
    So Maybe™ the shirt prizes from May's QQ contest will hit live Soon™?
    Last edited by Tazalanche; Aug 12th, 2011 at 16:27:07.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

It is target guard and "press Q for quest".

Before he left Macrosun completed some a great "on screen text" feature we will be using in the New Player Experience. The ability to put a large message on the screen out of the chat will come in handy during a tutorial process...looking for needed messages in the chat while playing isn't exactly ideal.

Press "Q" to Attack!
    Hope you have this not be hardcoded text, but draw it from the actual settings the player may setup during this, as you tell them how they might change all their settings, or if they feel the need to go edit the controls as the first thing they do
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by shou View Post
    ... and another week gone by without any significant information on the nanochanges progress *sigh*
    I guess you missed the part where people are on vacation.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Hope you have this not be hardcoded text, but draw it from the actual settings the player may setup during this, as you tell them how they might change all their settings, or if they feel the need to go edit the controls as the first thing they do
    yeah, on my screen it would be : Press Q to turn left !

// Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

the New Player Experience
    Sounds ominously like SWG's move to its terrible fate
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Quote Originally Posted by shou View Post
    I think you skipped over stuff in Mean's post.

Genele has begun the process of discussing some of the other aspects of rebalance work (ie: ACs, NR, Caps) with the professionals and will make these ideas public when they have been well discussed.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Razishlyat View Post
    Sounds ominously like SWG's move to its terrible fate
    That would be the NGE. This is the new way to introduce players to AO. But yes with all the changes we are making it is ominous...however we are actually discussing the changes with our population and acting on the the feedback...quite unlike the process of the legendary NGE.
    Last edited by Means; Aug 12th, 2011 at 16:48:15. Reason: minor correction for clarity
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast