Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tower Battles.. or the joy of a doc reading HEAL!!

YES! need this feature, although its also going to make raids a lot harder (tower raids). Person in team calls the target, everyone goes /target <person> and attacks. Currently the hardest thing about getting a team to attack 1 person is them tabbing,finding them.

If you are a DOC i STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU TO NOT BUMP THIS POST.

1. If you can target a named char, tower battles will be worse than they are. Just type /macro AimTarget /target MyEnemyIWantToMakeHisEnjoymentAHell
    You can be sure if you are a doc on a playfield, you will be the first chosen target. UBT + DOT + SNARE + ROOT. No worry, just wait for the enemy org to put your name in their macro and that's all. No more Tabbing, no more downtime to catch you and to neutralize you.

2. /ASSIST %1 or /ASSIST %t never been a valid command in AO. Ppl here saying this command exists dont know what they speak about. You cant assist a named char. ASSIST has no parameter. And this is like that since Day one. Even if funcom said the opposite one year ago. /ASSIST %1 does nothing else than to target the enemy of your CURRENT target, not the %1's target.
    RK1: Docgalaad 215 Doctor - Freelance Bug Hunter
    Nah ! I'm not fat ! I just have got a big nano pool !
    Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.

You should only be able to /target friendlies.

Jeff

Well, what about making it so anytime someone types %h that their name appears in the chat window but it's clickable and if someone clicks on it, their target changes automatically to the person who typed %h. That way, everyone can have custom macros that say stuff like "Help! %h needs healing" and the doc can respond with some dexterous mousing. Or does requiring it to be clicked on still make it impractical with big battle lag?
    Last edited by Zanthyna; Jun 30th, 2004 at 16:06:16.
    Guide to Teaming With Docs! is the funniest post ever. | "Engie Got Bot" song spoof
    AO chat log of Titanic sinking is the second funniest post ever

No matter how many levels I gain, the Lag Monster is always red to me.

Currently playing The Secret World.

Lets force ubric to make a 3rd party program for this, takes less time and probably works better anyway
    Neophyte Carlos "Tzorcelan" Spencer

WTS Pebble

Lets dont, but pretend we did :P Maybe the devs will implement it faster then *snickers evilly and whistles innocently*
    Hope Ocura Heals
    Healmonkey for Dark Front - Rimor
    Give us /target <name> please !!!

[Frankt]: I'll be any animal you want me to be.. just let me hump your leg !

ARG HEAL!!

FFS HEAL!!!!!

j00 pos doc....

Not for a NT patch would I play a doc in mass pvp
    Mains:
    Alpha(NT)|Cent(Enf)|Bio(Doc)
    Twinks:
    Straight(Trd)|Infekted(Trd)|Infekted MKII(Trd)|Betty(MP)

Glad Im not named ThisIsMyVeryVeryShortVeryVeryEasyToSpellName if this gets implemented
    Funcom Content Designer

How to get started on TestLive
    How to write bug reports

A lot of small steps make one giant leap forward.
    "Patchnotes: Nerfed all characters named Metaing, they where too powerful."
    To bug or not to bug, that is the question
    Run like a man or Die like a woman

This has allready been Suggested when NW was released.

lets hope they are ready for it this time, for it sure is
    one hell of a usefull feature !!
    220/26 and an army of alts
    so much to do, so little time to do it

You know.......BUMP :P
    Hope Ocura Heals
    Healmonkey for Dark Front - Rimor
    Give us /target <name> please !!!

[Frankt]: I'll be any animal you want me to be.. just let me hump your leg !

"I strongly suspect the reason we have very limited text commands in AO, and most MMPOGs is to limit the potential for abuse through scripting. Which was a major issue when MMPOGs were just text based MUDs."

Yup; commands might be nice, but it's very easy/tempting to take them one step too far... and then you wind up with fully automated bots camping and/or levelling 24/7 unattended like in SWG and Lineage 2...

scripts/afk-camp:

/target "Lurking Dryad"
    /fullauto
    /burst
    /burst
    /burst
    /fullauto
    /burst
    /burst
    /burst
    /fullauto
    /burst