Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Locking the Silverback

Quote Originally Posted by Syyceria View Post
    I'm sure that i will use the MK6 for PvP *and* PvM, and i think my damage will be competitive to other professions, unless i'm too busy tanking
    Yes, If you can use AS on mobs then sure. Lowering the damage and making it slower with an upgrade is still stupid as far as i'm concerned.
    I situations where you can't AS the mobs the MK5 will still do more damage.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

I disagree. While I think docs could use a bit more love in the weapon department, your arguments skip over the idea that FC has intended weapons for us. You make mention that some professions even rely on hotswapping weapons - but you completely disregard a little fact: how many of those professions are hotswapping into ql300 alien/ofab weapons? Very little; in fact, most professions want to hotswap with the least amount of IP spent in order to do so.

Also, I laughed at you thinking doctors are the only ones that rely on nanos, and laughed even more that you think enfs can q /afk. Maybe you should play the game more before you make such silly assertions.

You only do bad DD because you are, presumably, being a good doc by healing. Whether you like it or not, that is the aim of your toon. However, this game is all about breaking molds and being "first" at something. If you want to do DD, stop f'n healing. You'll get bitched at by every other player, but at least then we can stop hearing about how you're such poor DD. You're not at all, it's just that you have to divide your time between healing and DD. In fact, when you look at it this way, it makes perfect sense that you shouldn't be able to do massive DD while being a healer. Talk about something that would be overpowered...as if docs aren't hard enough to kill if you don't manage to alpha gank them.

Retired Doc Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumifly View Post
    Also, I laughed at you thinking doctors are the only ones that rely on nanos, and laughed even more that you think enfs can q /afk. Maybe you should play the game more before you make such silly assertions.
    I didn't say they were the only ones, it is just the profession in which i am most familiar. i know other professions do as well, which is why i extended my original argument to other support professions and not just my own.

I also know that most profs can't q /afk, but i simply meant that they didn't have a whole line of nanos to cast to like doctors do. i was simply making the point that they have perks, attacks, nanos et al. that can be used in unison. don't disregard my opinions as invalid because my specialty isn't the same as yours. i still know the general idea of how things work and can make a valid point without people like you jumping on me for the details.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumifly View Post
    In fact, when you look at it this way, it makes perfect sense that you shouldn't be able to do massive DD while being a healer. Talk about something that would be overpowered...as if docs aren't hard enough to kill if you don't manage to alpha gank them.
    reread my post. im specifically trying to differentiate between docs level 1-219 and docs level 220.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmba View Post
    ... some people say that 'oh docs are good at pvp already' when in fact 220 docs are good at pvp, but pvp from 1-219 is just as difficult as anything? just cause a 220 doc is 'good' at pvp doesn't mean docs 1-219 need to suffer with no options and without the toolset that said 220 doc has. if youve ever noticed, most sub tl 7 docs are atrocious at pvp for this exact reason.
    ill laugh right back at you if you think doctors at any level besides 220 (and in some cases, 220 as well) can't be killed if you don't alpha them at the beginning. docs of all levels have lots of problems in the pvp department in which its too hard to muster up enough force to bring down an opponent's HP 1 v 1. how many other professions can say that, unless you have a twink with full AI armor, you really won't put on a good weapon and do any dents in your opponent's hp.

now couple this with the fact that docs from ~ level 110 - 175 have the same exact heal. you wanna tell me that doctors at that level are uber at pvp and don't deserve a weapon in their toolset? try to get what im saying - doctors under tl 7 don't have a licks worth of chance at pvp against somebody equally equipped , or even your average twink in any other profession.

if you call that overpowered, i chuckle right back at your inability to see the truth.
    Last edited by Mmba; Jan 26th, 2007 at 17:12:51.
    Invincible1 - 220/22 - Opi doc...................OneBullet - 76/5 Opi agent
    Mmba- 175/12 - Soli fix.............................Pownstar - 120/9 NM NT
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Doctor Wishlist/Doctor Buglist

but sil, you gotta realize: alot of us (or at least me, which is why im bringing this up) used our mass IPR to reset our skills earlier, cause nobody told us if the mass IPR was gonna be around for 1 week or 1 year. and then we looked at what our options were, and some used their ip. i didnt use ip on a weapon cause a 2nd ipr was 'a possibility'. so now your keeping those like myself who didnt choose a weapon another patch, unless of course i want to use ip and use my single IPR's later, which is even less fair.

its not right.you give us a mass ipr, but don't give us any time frame, or reason to switch from the weapons we used pre-LE, and then throw all this pvp oriented material ingame without actually giving half of the professions a viable pvp equipment with this expansion (and even further, nothing that has pvp and pvm on the same line.)

wtb some weapon sooner than 17.2, or guarantee us our 2nd mass IPR when all of these new weapons come out.
    bump i've perk reset and am now waiting to IPR cuz i dunno what magical weapon might come out next...and whoever said they rushed LE, they had 2 years...and they just now realize traders need some love? somethings not right...how long til they realize MPs needed more love than a trader did? the fact of the matter is there were 2 whole years to get this balance right and they are just now starting it and keeping a lot of people in limbo not being able to play their toon to their fullest potential because of it....HOW MUCH LONGER MUST WE WAIT?

Hehe bump for that bunger but at least they are working on it
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Out of interest how about maybe making only ql 225 (or 250) and higher trader only and keeping lower ql non-locked? To give support profs something new without overpowering them?
    Build a fire to somebody and you provide him with a heat and a light for a night. Put somebody on fire and you provide him with a heat and a light for the rest of his life.

Retired Doc Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by seventshadow View Post
    Out of interest how about maybe making only ql 225 (or 250) and higher trader only and keeping lower ql non-locked? To give support profs something new without overpowering them?
    i dont understand, so you want the ql 250+ of all of the mk1-6 trader locked, but all have AS? that wouldn't make any bit of difference, seeing as, in reference to docs, none could get on a 300 or probably even a 275 anyway
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

now couple this with the fact that docs from ~ level 110 - 175 have the same exact heal. you wanna tell me that doctors at that level are uber at pvp and don't deserve a weapon in their toolset? try to get what im saying - doctors under tl 7 don't have a licks worth of chance at pvp against somebody equally equipped , or even your average twink in any other profession.
    My doc at 150 is pretty uber at pvp and could take out equally equipped twinks, I actually think docs have it easier at that level range because you can actually land perks. If TL7 docs could use their entire toolset at TL7 like they can at TL5 they wouldn't need an AS weapon of any kind. WTB add all def. not working against perks that check vs NR.
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO
    Rakhabit 220/20 Agent FINALLY
    Halfempty 220/16 Engineer/Evade Negator
    Primatene 168/20 Original Doc Twink

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

Retired Doc Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    My doc at 150 is pretty uber at pvp and could take out equally equipped twinks, I actually think docs have it easier at that level range because you can actually land perks. If TL7 docs could use their entire toolset at TL7 like they can at TL5 they wouldn't need an AS weapon of any kind. WTB add all def. not working against perks that check vs NR.
    and thanks for trying to deface my whole argument. seriously, i said most, not all. i know there are definately a few out there that are good at pvp. but name me 1 person good at doc pvp in these level ranges and theres an argument about 4 more agents/enfs etc that are just as good. goes back to my original point - its alot harder.

Okay. Lost eden was intended to be a PVP expansion, i completely agree on locking the weapon, aswell as lowering the min dmg, as it is supposed to be a PVP weapon, not a PVM weapon. From my experience the SSSS is still better in most PvM Situations ( Inf mish sided mobs etc).
    So, toolset; Decent AS/Fling gun for PVP (check trader forums, its been asked a million times) And the usual High-min dmg Guns: SSSS/Wyrm.

As for the Doctors/soldiers etc who are whining around about prof-locking it: get an Ithaca/onehander if you want to use AS with a shotgun, traders been doing that for 4 years.

my 2 cents

- Shareida.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Retired Doc Professional
    doctors aren't traders. doctors don't have access to all the shotgun related materials that traders have. traders have been using it for 4 years, so that must make it a good option? you try making a weapon with crap min damage like the onehander a good option when your AR is gimped. its barely worth the trouble.

heres a suggestion: go into the doctor forums and start a new topic. say the word 'one hander' in it, and see how many people either flame or ignore you. its crap.
    Last edited by Mmba; Jan 26th, 2007 at 18:27:37.

but name me 1 person good at doc pvp in these level ranges and theres an argument about 4 more agents/enfs etc that are just as good. goes back to my original point - its alot harder.
    Some profs are better for pvp than other profs are, it's really obvious. If all chars would have the same advantages and abilities, it'd be boring as hell. Besides, I know plenty of good PvP docs, tl4/tl5 docs can be great twinks.
    RK2
    Boem 220/30 Opi Agent
    Geseeff 165/20 Soli NT
    Animalsk 170/21 Soli ranged adv
    Geseeff2 150/20 Soli Agent

Surovi1: enf dead in like 10 secunds
    Toxicrush: show me
    Surovi1: i no time for that

[QUOTE=bungerman;4554389]and whoever said they rushed LE, they had 2 years.../QUOTE]
    that would be meh....
    they had 2 years to make the expansion, but now they are adding stuff after the release, so now some prof's can totally dominate pvp one day, the next day they are ubah gimped...
    engineers can get a ql300 silverback on, so they should be able to use it too....
    Uh, yeah
    - Twotwenty 220/23 shade
    - Zonality 150/19 MA
    - Height <incoming project>

Retired Doc Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Geseeff View Post
    Some profs are better for pvp than other profs are, it's really obvious. If all chars would have the same advantages and abilities, it'd be boring as hell. Besides, I know plenty of good PvP docs, tl4/tl5 docs can be great twinks.
    i know they can, but i'm saying that they go through alot more work and not nearly enough who try to be good twinks are. tell me its not easier, in theory, to level an enf up to whatever, tl 4/5, buy some ai or tier, throw on 2 crispys and dominate.

Angry

what they need to do is change the reqs to rifle and make it agent only, since its a better AS wep then the Cobra :P
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by hatez View Post
    engineers can get a ql300 silverback on, so they should be able to use it too....
    Lol, that's probably the weakest argument since LE was released.

So if I have 4 perk points to spare, why dont i get Acrobat then? You see how lame your argument is?
    Level 220/26 - Trader : Zyphoria - Equip
    Level 219/18 - Keeper : Zypho - Equip
    Ragnarok - RK1 Atlantean

...Forever shall the trader in me desire the baby in you...

Playing a high level Trader makes Abu Ghraib look like a luxory spa and resort!

Quote Originally Posted by Zyphoria View Post
    Lol, that's probably the weakest argument since LE was released.

So if I have 4 perk points to spare, why dont i get Acrobat then? You see how lame your argument is?
    Thats not really the point, anybody can have 4 perks to spare, do they have acrobat?

Traders, and engineers, (maybe soldiers, haven't done the numbers) are the only ones who can equip a ql300, PLUS they have a perkline for it

oh btw zyph, you got some more IPR's now =P
    Uh, yeah
    - Twotwenty 220/23 shade
    - Zonality 150/19 MA
    - Height <incoming project>

Quote Originally Posted by hatez View Post
    Thats not really the point, anybody can have 4 perks to spare, do they have acrobat?

Traders, and engineers, (maybe soldiers, haven't done the numbers) are the only ones who can equip a ql300, PLUS they have a perkline for it

oh btw zyph, you got some more IPR's now =P
    might be able to with shotgun buffs/6 perks from shotgun mastery and total focus. but meh, I'm happy with EC3 and glad traders finally got some lub.

Quit with your @#$%ing bitching. It's locked, deal with it. None of you, absolutly none, especialy you doc's and engies deserve this more than any tl7 trader. Don't even try to compare your toolset with a Traders. You know damn well you have it a hell of a lot better. No one dives a damn about the fact you got something that buffs shotgun. Whoopity-doo! Traders can buff whatever friggan attack skill they feel like. And thats the only buff we get. Does that mean we should be able to use the SRBP? I bet I could get enough MC/TS at 220 to cast a Widowmaker, does that mean I have a right to it?

I get it, you feel slighted. Perhaps your right, maybe doc's should have the best heals in game, the best DOT's in game, and the best shotgun in game also. And maybe engies should be able to slice through reflects, have pets, sweet ac's, spec blockers and the best shotgun in-game.

You greedy Crapsacks. Burn..

/rant off

Retired Doc Professional
    cmon fc, give docs some love. LE gave us nothing.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast