Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WARNING: Don't Trust No Gain XP Option!

WARNING: Don't Trust No Gain XP Option!

Over the weekend was helping someone with there lvl 60 twink. Luckily he took my advice to get certain things out of the way at level 58 or this would have been a twink killer... One of those things being the SL Ring quests.

In doing the +2 ring quest he was set to 100% global research, had the no xp gain checked and was teamed with my 195 doc. Upon completing the quest ergo was nice enough to level him from mid 58 to mid 59. Reported and ARK/GM verified the xp gain/level and said they will look into it and report as a bug. We intended to move right to the +3 quest, but now are looking for confirmation from someone that they were able to do the quest without XP gain, otherwise I guess that might be it for the rings for that twink...

Anyway, heads up if you are building a twink and want to do this quest or any other for that matter... and again, if you have completed +3 ring quest without XP gain I would love to hear from you.
    Still waiting for a reason to come back...

Retired Doc Professional
    this has been a bug.

it stops xp from filling your yellow bar when you kill mobs.

you still get aixp, xp from missions, and xp into research
    Invincible1 - 220/22 - Opi doc...................OneBullet - 76/5 Opi agent
    Mmba- 175/12 - Soli fix.............................Pownstar - 120/9 NM NT
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Doctor Wishlist/Doctor Buglist

Quote Originally Posted by Mmba View Post
    this has been a bug.

it stops xp from filling your yellow bar when you kill mobs.

you still get aixp, xp from missions, and xp into research
    Kinda makes you wonder if they had anyone test this at all before it was implemented.
    Mr. "Porta" Pottie - 220/19/59 Opifex Kingpin
    Mr. "Chewon" Somathis - 217/17/58 Brute Savior
    Many, many other alts... none worthy of mention yet...

General of Omni SV-9 an OT org on RK-1, part of Call of Fate, a multi-MMO guild.
    First 220 Fixer to play AO on my computer!

Retired Doc Professional
    aside from the xp from missions, i like it. still get aixp? who doesnt want that. research? sure thats always nice.
    Invincible1 - 220/22 - Opi doc...................OneBullet - 76/5 Opi agent
    Mmba- 175/12 - Soli fix.............................Pownstar - 120/9 NM NT
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Doctor Wishlist/Doctor Buglist

Kinda makes you wonder if they had anyone test this at all before it was implemented.
    From past experience with Funcom, I'd say nope...
    ...and that's the way the cookie crumbles...

Quote Originally Posted by Gwen View Post
    From past experience with Funcom, I'd say nope...
    it should work maybe if we did everything as we should have, or atleast looks like
    Irmo 220 sol
    Hogfather 220 doc "ER...HO. HO. HO."
    Wintersmith 220 crat
    Ainur 209 trader
    Viralbots Incorporated

"Real children don't go hoppity-skip unless they are on drugs."

There was a post warning abt the xp disabled bug, and the whole thread becomes a flaming post abt how it is easy to reroll, etc etc...

All i can say to those twink intending to do ergo quest etc to haul and wait for the next patch...
    Potatochips 220/30 Doctor - Configuration -Healer-
    Hperas 220/24 Trader -Tradeskiller-
    Toesocks 220/24 Shade - Configuration -Cheap Damage Dealer-
    Aara 136/8 Nanotechnician -NS monkey that is in love with Cyberdeck-
    Dictionary 2/0 Little Rascal

I am a SAEK: Achiever 53.33%, Explorer 60.00%, Killer 20.00%, Socializer 66.67%

Quote Originally Posted by Actonel View Post
    There was a post warning abt the xp disabled bug, and the whole thread becomes a flaming post abt how it is easy to reroll, etc etc...

All i can say to those twink intending to do ergo quest etc to haul and wait for the next patch...
    the reroll did posted because we was talking about a lvl 1 to 2 ding on noob island.

the problem is it will now be impossible to get to pande at lvl 1
    Oltcit - 220/24/69 troxie enf -= Proud General of Deadly Whispers =- RK1
    Roflcopterz - 220/20/60 troxie nubstick wielder

that quest has always been like that. about time it got fixed alright..
    Dodo0 220/30 Clan NM Fixer - the first in AO!
    Dododo1 220/30 Retired
    Fixzorr 75/8 Retired PvP vid

EX-President of SPARTANS
    Guide to raiding Pande

- currently inactive -

Quote Originally Posted by FixerPorta View Post
    Testing before implementing is kinda hard, since you first need to actually implement it before you can test
    But indeed, makes you wonder how they handle their programming/testing/releasing.

Free golden tip to FC developers: www.jira.com
    Ventor: lvl 220 PVP-Engi (RK-2)...
    Edenbeast: lvl 129 adv
    Linchpin: lvl 32 agent
    Innerspirit: lvl 136 doc
    Trifixion: lvl 1 trader (froob transfer acct)

Quote Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
    the reroll did posted because we was talking about a lvl 1 to 2 ding on noob island.
    Well, so i guess a level 60 experiencing prob with the xp disabled bug will be able to get gather more attention from others.
    By the way, Darksektor, did this level 60 get the quest from Ergo with a "much higher toon" in team? Or he just did the quest with the 195 doc upon completion?
    Potatochips 220/30 Doctor - Configuration -Healer-
    Hperas 220/24 Trader -Tradeskiller-
    Toesocks 220/24 Shade - Configuration -Cheap Damage Dealer-
    Aara 136/8 Nanotechnician -NS monkey that is in love with Cyberdeck-
    Dictionary 2/0 Little Rascal

I am a SAEK: Achiever 53.33%, Explorer 60.00%, Killer 20.00%, Socializer 66.67%

Well, so i guess a level 60 experiencing prob with the xp disabled bug will be able to get gather more attention from others.
    By the way, Darksektor, did this level 60 get the quest from Ergo with a "much higher toon" in team? Or he just did the quest with the 195 doc upon completion?
    Big grats for little sister of Potatochips - Dictionary (lev 2) for getting to Pande !!!

As you had to complete few quests on the way I wonder if XP dissable is a general problem or there are only some quests that are bugged (give XP with 100% set to research)
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

this is also a problem with quests in biomare. all the quests give xp no matter if you disable xp gain. the final quest gives something like 120,000xp in one shot, boy am i glad i terminated my 60 twink before i turned that in...

quest didnt cap at 20% of a level either. seems FC forgot about those quests that give uncapped xp rewards with the disable xp gain option.

/J
    Wasted time: 220, 220, 213, 211, 191, 187, 182, 175, 140, 94, 60, 55, 52, 31, 25
    Big bad neutral addict

That does seem to be the common factor here...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

I am fairly certain the doc was teamed the entire time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jereziah View Post
    seems FC forgot about those quests that give uncapped xp rewards with the disable xp gain option.

/J
    I agree with this. Helped the same twink last night on the first part of the foremans quest. Again 100% global research and no gain xp checked but still the quest xp was gained. Since the toon is sitting at 50% to lvl 60 because of the ring quest I am pretty sure that this toon will end up leveling to 60 on the final part of the quest but it will be close.

Would really be nice if this was fixed for 17.2 before more people have their twinks screwed up because they trust this option to work properly 100% of the time and it does not. Even for a level 60 toon it takes a good amount of time to get all the no drops. Reroll is not an appealing option.

I've pointed PQA at this thread, so someone should be looking into it.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbane View Post
    I've pointed PQA at this thread, so someone should be looking into it.
    Thanks Darkbane. I very much appreciate that and all you do for the AO community.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSektor View Post
    In doing the +2 ring quest he was set to 100% global research, had the no xp gain checked and was teamed with my 195 doc. Upon completing the quest ergo was nice enough to level him from mid 58 to mid 59.
    Had this issue before the patch and the no xp gain

I was teamed with a210 enfo, completed my ring, and still gained XP from the ergo quest. so it isnt just the XP gain, I believe its that Ely>Scheol quest ring

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSektor View Post
    Thanks Darkbane. I very much appreciate that and all you do for the AO community.
    QFT! It will not be the same when Darkbane and his fellow faithful and knowledgeable gamers leave AO...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast