Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - December 12th, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Adding a simple rule that sets high amount of people in organisation that holds city , might help.
    Yeah, wouldn't it be awesome if small, legitimate orgs couldn't get a city?
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Seriously would you want to be transferred and be Level 1 with no money?
    Would you want to be 220/30/70, have fifteen private cities, and be completely alone on entire server?

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    Yeah, wouldn't it be awesome if one person farmer orgs couldn't get a city?
    I fixed that for you.

Honestly? Sounds pretty awesome to me.

Would you want to be 220/30/70, have fifteen private cities, and be completely alone on entire server?
    Nope but I expect the one city, my org and myself worked our asses off to buy to remain ours after a merge.

Hello there,
    I am Brampfine (Omni) from Rk3(DNW) and this is my first post in this board

I think when any german player likes to play on Rk1 or 2 then they have allready made a new toon.
    When a char transfer comes, how many cost it or is it free ?
    When it is done, i think thers some trouble with the time borders
    What about Pande Raid with Beast or Tarasque with spawntimes from 9 hours or Sector 42 ?
    comes there diffrent dimensions for raid teams then likes with the aipf´s ?

I think Funcom need more advertising about Anarchy-Online on the german speaking regions.
    Funcom can make merchandising with AO Toys, a few leet dolls for bed (with sound...j00 r0xx0r) and keys....toys makes money.
    Other problem is the price.........i pay monthly for a full acc 17,20€
    I am a CTG teacher on two schools with over 2000 student in a age from 12-18 years and i ask some about PC gaming,
    they say that WoW is to expensive for 12€(month) and AO 17,20€(month) they rolled eyes and changed to other games with higher PEGI (the PEGI from AO is a age from 12 years).
    change it to 10€(month) end price and PEGI to 16.

Anarchy-Online have many resources to improve for a long time to life again
    the grapic is not the most only who player wiches
    AO have the most game deph from all games on market

ps.
    the most german players leaves Anarchy-Online because of the missing support.
    the most problem makes the billing support "global collect BV" they freeze many acc
    they say we have some open billing ....i become 60€ from u and i become 200€ from u, from the year 2005....

i can tell and ask so many more but is enough for the first time.

greets Brampfine

Quote Originally Posted by Brampfine View Post
    Hello there,
    I am Brampfine (Omni) from Rk3(DNW) and this is my first post in this board

I think when any german player likes to play on Rk1 or 2 then they have allready made a new toon.
    When a char transfer comes, how many cost it or is it free ?
    When it is done, i think thers some trouble with the time borders
    What about Pande Raid with Beast or Tarasque with spawntimes from 9 hours or Sector 42 ?
    comes there diffrent dimensions for raid teams then likes with the aipf´s ?

I think Funcom need more advertising about Anarchy-Online on the german speaking regions.
    Funcom can make merchandising with AO Toys, a few leet dolls for bed (with sound...j00 r0xx0r) and keys....toys makes money.
    Other problem is the price.........i pay monthly for a full acc 17,20€
    I am a CTG teacher on two schools with over 2000 student in a age from 12-18 years and i ask some about PC gaming,
    they say that WoW is to expensive for 12€(month) and AO 17,20€(month) they rolled eyes and changed to other games with higher PEGI (the PEGI from AO is a age from 12 years).
    change it to 10€(month) end price and PEGI to 16.

Anarchy-Online have many resources to improve for a long time to life again
    the grapic is not the most only who player wiches
    AO have the most game deph from all games on market

ps.
    the most german players leaves Anarchy-Online because of the missing support.
    the most problem makes the billing support "global collect BV" they freeze many acc
    they say we have some open billing ....i become 60€ from u and i become 200€ from u, from the year 2005....

i can tell and ask so many more but is enough for the first time.

greets Brampfine
    Dont think you have to worry about the time zones, almost all other Europeans play on Rk1 and 2 after all ^^

And yes they are talking about instancing pande just as they did with APF but it will take awhile because its complicated...

I would actually love to see AO merchandise also, I could KILL for a Anarchy Online coffee cup ^_^
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Messiah has spoken.

Thanks for the perk/nano timers. I think it's not only a good idea to hold back the booster until it's ready, but I think it shows pretty good character for Funcom to risk profits from holiday sales just to make sure we get a better product. I'll be buying the booster for sure.

Solsfedaykin 220/70/23 Soli Adv
    Shivj00 220/70/30 Trox Shade
    Solsxtitan 150/x/x Trox Enfo

I'd love to have seen the Booster on time, but it's the right decision to wait with it tills it' done.. No doubt about that.

Appreciate that you are making the right decision, rather than rush it.

Timers.... WOOT!!! Looking forward to that a LOT, but I'd love to see the timers placed at the bottom of the icons as well.

RK1 default server.... WOOT!!! Very happy to hear that.

All in all... Great news once again....
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

quick question: any word on when we can expect noob island to be restored? will it be with 18.0, later or earlier?
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfekt View Post
    HEALTH WARNING: This reply was made on equipment that also produces sarcasm. Reply may contain bits of sarcasm as a result.
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Please give us solo LE missions, FC
    Xaun's Big List O Suggestions

Don't ever merge the servers, but give us the ability to transfer our characters please for the love of god.

Brampfine, I wouldn't mind Pande times and such. Afaik Pande is down at spawn at RK1&2, means every 9 hours. On RK3 we do it 2 times a day because lack of player base (try to get 6 willing team members on RK3 at 4 AM on tuesday). I'm worried about the cities. On RK3 we've got a lot of empty city spots, even if we got many farming cities, too. Personally I don't want to lose my city. The number of farming cities could be decreased by increasing the drop rates for lead bots. This would cause a drop in prices for bots. More bots = more bots on market = lower price = the income from farming cities drops or even vanishes. You could also attach drop rates to the number of players in organization as written in the char DB. Org switching for getting higher QL of general would still be possible, but since char DB isn't updated in real time (I'm talking about the DB that is shown on anarchy-online.com), the drop rates wouldn't increase due to switching. This is just a fast suggestion.

The pricing is another issue. Due to currency exchange rates and VAE people from the € zone pay a lot more for AO than the $ ones. Calculated it in the last Friday with Means thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Q: Thrown Grenades for Engineers.

No. All the other tools introduced with these two new mechanics are largely defensive. Engineers are not meant to be the "Charge in ahead of the Tank throwing aoe-grenades with special blockers up" class...I am sorry if some disagree. The ability to hold an area defensively is an incredibly powerfull tool..and should not be taken lightly. If the engineer community feels that mines are a horrible idea then clearly we haven't established a good dialogue to make sure our intentions are clear. This is our fault. Things have been busy and I am sorry it has been late in coming. I was hoping to have these complete for testing this week...but other serious issues unfortunately had to take precedence.

Basic ideas for the engineer mines:

AOE snares, Nanodrain and Damage(Knockback) mines triggered by hostile (other side) players passing by (or slightly over) a specific area. Invisible to opposing side..visible to ones own side. One mine can be planted at a time. Only one mine for a specific period of time (ie: one mine placed every 4 minutes. Mine triggered after 3 minutes. New mine can be placed 1 minute later.)

Feedback on this basic guidline would be appreciated. I'll be watching the engineer forums.

reading this paragraph, it seems that PvM and PvP has gotten confusing to the devs / Means.

1) Special Blockers is for PvP, as Mobs don't use special attacks.
    2) "Charge in front of the tank" would be a PvM reference as *NO CLASS* what-so-ever, uses a "tank" in PvP.
    3) Being on a defensive toolset, sometimes we ARE >the tank< and it's quite impossible to run ahead of ourselves unless the server's lagging (yet again)
    4) Grenade / Mine throwing in PvM would be pointless / stupid.

As an Engineer myself, I do support the Health & Nanodrain Mine idea, more then I do about Knockback.
    Last edited by Xyphos; Dec 13th, 2008 at 03:02:39.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

Quote Originally Posted by Callmeburma View Post
    quick question: any word on when we can expect noob island to be restored? will it be with 18.0, later or earlier?
    Last I heard Noob island drops had been restored on the Test server, with a few extra additions as well since I don't recall many of the Alien Ranged weapons dropping there but they do now.

My guess would be 18.0 at the latest, whether there's any patches before that though I couldn't say.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

I fixed that for you.
    Well, you said low population orgs. What are legitimate orgs with about a dozen people supposed to do? Not get a city when they can afford one?

You didn't fix ****. I meant what I said and said what I meant.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Thx for the feedback ref booster. Rather late and working than on time and bugged.

@RK3'ers. Hopefully, they can Tfer ur toons intact. Im sure there are enuff decent ppl on both servers to make u feel at home. (except for the filthy Clammers-j/k)

A word about char Tfers. Closing a server and allowing a 5 yr old toon to stay active is a LOT different from "I think I wanna switch to RK2 this weekend." We need to give FC a lil space on this. IF its possible, (and keep in mind I know nothing about coding, ect), it may not be a normal feature. I can hear the whines now, "If THEY can do it, why cant I?" Well, its not quite the same thing. If this is put into effect, its to save players. Imagine urself in the same boat. Be patient.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Merge the whole 3 servers together already. I mean, it doesn't take mad copy/paste skills to triplicate all the city/tower sites. There's plenty of empty space on RK, just fill it & assign each field/tower site to whatever org/person had it on each server.

The only real problem with the merge would be character names, as apf is already instanced, pande is on the way, and the dynas can just get a faster spawn cycle.

On another note:
    Merge the BS for all the servers, there's way too much dead time when there's just not enough players on one or both sides. This can be a nice testing ground for a servers merge.
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Last I heard Noob island drops had been restored on the Test server, with a few extra additions as well since I don't recall many of the Alien Ranged weapons dropping there but they do now.

My guess would be 18.0 at the latest, whether there's any patches before that though I couldn't say.
    thanks, I'm gonna go check that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfekt View Post
    HEALTH WARNING: This reply was made on equipment that also produces sarcasm. Reply may contain bits of sarcasm as a result.
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Please give us solo LE missions, FC
    Xaun's Big List O Suggestions

Screw RK1 and RK2 speculation, bump for FC holding an open dialogue with RK3 on the future of their server. Everyone else will just learn to live with it.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Thanks for confirmation on getting some RK1 love back, I can desig that part of my sig now, and with Noob Isle de-nerfed I think we're well on the way to getting back on track for new players.

My only concern at this point is what's in for MPs regarding the new tools in 18.x, I'd put out the idea of MPs having fear resist added to their nano interrupt line and possibly knockback (since with that we can share the resist and everyone's a bit happier.) since there's no word on what MPs will get in regards to this new and likely powerful mechanic.

They myriad opinions on the MP forum probably would have many suggestions you could look at and be entertained by. Some might even be useful.

Rubi-Ka-1 is once again the default server for new clients which should stabilize numbers compared to RK2 over the next couple of months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    Thanks for confirmation on getting some RK1 love back...

This is long overdue, and a "couple of months" aren't going to fix what years of neglect have caused over such a tiny time frame. Too bad it'll take many months if not years before all the (actual) newbies that begin playing on RK1 get to acceptable/reasonable levels of skill and game knowledge.

FC'd better put as much resources into the new GFX as possible, so it'll come out right, and start a massive ad campaign after it's out (and spam the past players with free invites ).
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast