Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Breed balancing

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky View Post
    That thread is about perklines
    This one is about balancing the breeds, whatever means that is; breed caps, IP costs, items etc.

Quote Originally Posted by khadafie View Post
    i wasn't saying FC should nerf atrox nano even more (think it's already enough)
    am just saying that other breed should have perks with equal power.

opi get 5% nano skill drain and -400init for same perks price (what is this crap lol?)

if at least this opi perk was negate the atrox one (and vice versa) i would say it's balanced
    Doesn't look like it. Seeing how OP talked about perks. Your simply taking the offtopic post and trying to make them the focus of this thread.

how much difference is it for breeds in HP at 220 ?
    i bet max 2k health... (dont have the actual numbers tho)
    out of 13-30k health 2k is realy not that much health and isnt a game breaker.
    healdelta?
    theres no real bonus for atrox with healdelta.
    and u guys are compeltly wrong.
    more nano skills make a hughe difference for alot of professions.
    the only thing that can be seen as imbalance between the professions at all is the amount of items needed to twink and the genome lines.
    so stop takling crap like atroxes has a huuuuughe adventage over all other breeds.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

Great another "wah wah nerf MR" thread!

Tired of all you people who seam to think MR is a permanent 1500AAO, no drawback feature the breed known as atrox so gracefully have been given.

I got a MR agent, maybe the finest profession to wield such a perk, sadly I get to use it rather seldom. It's downside kills me rather fast in mass PvP.
    It's great for picking of single targets in NW, who stray to far from their group (hello Sterva, Depreacher)

Secondly is not the way AAO works getting looked at, or was it nerfed?

You people lack perspective and full understanding of how the perk works, and what's it's effect it has in mass PvP. Sorry but you duel peeps don't really got a say in this, remember FunCom is balancing AO for team PvP, not one on one.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

MR must be changed. There should be 2 group perk lines for it.

1st being 4 perks long. +200 aao and 30 str. 2 perk actions: First with 200 aao for 40s, 65s recharge. Second +800 aao for 40s, 65s recharge.

2nd being 10 perks long. +300 aao and 80 crit chance. 1 perk action with 1000 aao for 30s, 200s recharge.
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbolt View Post
    how much difference is it for breeds in HP at 220 ?
    i bet max 2k health... (dont have the actual numbers tho)
    out of 13-30k health 2k is realy not that much health and isnt a game breaker.
    healdelta?
    theres no real bonus for atrox with healdelta.
    and u guys are compeltly wrong.
    more nano skills make a hughe difference for alot of professions.
    the only thing that can be seen as imbalance between the professions at all is the amount of items needed to twink and the genome lines.
    so stop takling crap like atroxes has a huuuuughe adventage over all other breeds.
    2k is a real difference at the lower end of that scale. 13k+2k can be the difference between being perk alpha'd or three button NT alpha'd, for example.

It doesn't really start to become an "insignificant" amount until you're pushing 20k, with 18k being a decent buffer for most perk alphas, assuming you have reflects.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Great another "wah wah nerf MR" thread!

Tired of all you people who seam to think MR is a permanent 1500AAO, no drawback feature the breed known as atrox so gracefully have been given.

I got a MR agent, maybe the finest profession to wield such a perk, sadly I get to use it rather seldom. It's downside kills me rather fast in mass PvP.
    It's great for picking of single targets in NW, who stray to far from their group (hello Sterva, Depreacher)
    Well good news for you. MR just had it's drawbacks completely removed in the latest perk change documentation!

Personally i was waiting for it to get a serious nerf so there might finally be some love for shades (other than trox) but now it really seems that i gotta reroll my shade to atrox, since MR just got a lot better... or maybe i'll do like half of my orgmates already and just quit and play something else.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

What I am really concerned about it that this change makes breed perks at tl5 absolutely useless. The effects from first and second perk actions are insignificant unless you're willing to train it to at least 8, which tl5s can't afford. Imo perk action at lvl 3 of the breed perk without any scaling was pretty good.

Also, what's with the atrox luv? All other breed perks seem to fall behind compared to atrox.
    Techno "Calamite" Witch -- 220/22 soli crat
    Hbar -- 220/28 nano NT
    Electropanic -- 170/17 opi NT
    Insanenomore - 174/17 soli engi
    Darksmile -- 220/21 nano enf
    Drifting -- 150/8 nano MP
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    got more, but don't remember their names

Quote Originally Posted by Calamite View Post
    What I am really concerned about it that this change makes breed perks at tl5 absolutely useless. The effects from first and second perk actions are insignificant unless you're willing to train it to at least 8, which tl5s can't afford. Imo perk action at lvl 3 of the breed perk without any scaling was pretty good.

Also, what's with the atrox luv? All other breed perks seem to fall behind compared to atrox.
    I think Means is trolling us.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    I think Means is trolling us.
    Lol so true... I really hope they're not serious.
    Hbar -- 220/28 nano NT
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nanomage perks look pretty crazy (10% innate reflect? oO), although I'm glad notum shield appears to have its issues fixed.

Solitus changes are also nice, tacky + survival in the same line and a small perma HoT. Soli primary with a root.

Opifex secondary is pretty uber, perma 100 AAD + emergency blocker. Primary sucks a bit, 5s on blinded by delights blind effect, lol. The -150 aad debuff is kind of underwhelming for a TL7 effect, and 10m aoe isnt really big enough to have a huge effect at a tower war or something.

Trox kinda wins tho, they keep MR at 1500 aao, atrox secondary with 2 perk actions roughly equivalent to survival
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Imo :

Atrox : sub TL7, prolly the worst breed perklines of all. At TL7 : what have they been smoking of late????

NM : it's awesome, perhaps a lil too much even, but why had they to prostitute NT's toolset down to a breed perkline while at the same time killing another bit of MP's toolbox?

Soli : cool, balanced, nothing bad about it.

Opi : Secondary is alright without being OP, but primary is mweh
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    Nanomage perks look pretty crazy (10% innate reflect? oO), although I'm glad notum shield appears to have its issues fixed.
    It's not a reflect, it's a damage-to-nano. And 10% is a significant nano loss for about any profession except NT and MP that has their own nanos to cast. Nanomage keepers will be FTW tho, since they got tools for nano regen and don't need to cast anything in the fight. So I can't say it is equivalent to reflect, not all professions will be able to use it effectively.
    Hbar -- 220/28 nano NT
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubberyman View Post
    Imo :

Atrox : sub TL7, prolly the worst breed perklines of all. At TL7 : what have they been smoking of late????

NM : it's awesome, perhaps a lil too much even, but why had they to prostitute NT's toolset down to a breed perkline while at the same time killing another bit of MP's toolbox?

Soli : cool, balanced, nothing bad about it.

Opi : Secondary is alright without being OP, but primary is mweh
    Imo:

Just lol. Nerfed the crap out of Wit (practically zero reason for Trox NTs to even exist anymore), made MR even more OP, almost no reason to perk Soli Alpha genome unless you're an AR whore (small HoT, Tacky and Survival all in one line? There goes the things that kept me umming and aahing between Alpha and Beta, Sphere was just a bonus), while I hate the blind effect on Blinded by Delights that's going to require more perk expenditure and wat the christ with the NM perks, why is my toolset being tossed at any NM breed. NM Soldiers with 100% reflects unless AMS gets nerfed?

*shakes head* all the other perk changes seem completely nonsensical as well, a crap ton of random combo actions, Quark Containment field has been made even more ridiculously crap, Keeper stuff still ignored...

Bleh.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

almost no reason to perk Soli Alpha genome unless you're an AR whore.
    I disagree, soli alpha is very appealing for different purposes. 5 perks into it gets you a root. Maybe you also didn't notice the big change to sphere, it now gives +25 crit to the entire team instead of +3.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

NM Soldiers with 100% reflects unless AMS gets nerfed?
    please correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm pretty certain that reflect doesn't stack in that way with dmg to nano.

As far as i know it's: damage dealt*(1-(reflect/100))*(1-(dmg to nano/100).
    Shhhsss. Careful. Behind all the colours, there are ears, ears who listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanostratege View Post
    please correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm pretty certain that reflect doesn't stack in that way with dmg to nano.

As far as i know it's: damage dealt*(1-(reflect/100))*(1-(dmg to nano/100).
    Yes. So NM soldiers will get 91% reflect instead of their 90%, big whoop. It will benefit the most professions with their own damage-to-nano or without any reflects at all.
    Hbar -- 220/28 nano NT
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Calamite View Post
    Yes. So NM soldiers will get 91% reflect instead of their 90%, big whoop. It will benefit the most professions with their own damage-to-nano or without any reflects at all.
    preciesly, nt's will be able to get the most out of secondary genom.

-----
    when i'm already posting here i think i'd also post my opinion on the breed perk changes:

atrox secondary looks kinda useless without an increase of the usefulness of high ac.
    atrox primary ... mongo rage.

nm primary -> snare + init debuff looks nice
    nm secondary -> well gotta love it as nt

opifex -> why do they bother with making the blind effect of blinded by delight last longer in pve (it's not like the mobs can see anything anyway)

solitus alpha -> nice lvl 10 perk action
    solitus beta -> very nice
    Shhhsss. Careful. Behind all the colours, there are ears, ears who listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanostratege View Post
    nm primary -> snare + init debuff looks nice
    nm secondary -> well gotta love it as nt
    Well I'm definitely perking NM primary on NT (for the nano damage <3) and NM secondary on enforcer, hope I'll be able to maintain nano pool with 10% damage-to-nano.
    Hbar -- 220/28 nano NT
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12