Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: General idea about as/fa/sa overall

General idea about as/fa/sa overall

Well.. Here is what I was thinking about..
    Lately, Funcom announced upcoming as/fa/sa recharge cycle merge.
    As far as specific AS mechanics change.

Instead of this, here is my point of view...
    Excluse FA from merged recharge cycle, keep it AS and SA only. So professions will have to choose between either pure melee special attack, or pure ranged.
    Ranged professions, that use both, FA and AS should have it still.

Then, regarding AS mechanics.
    AS should have no 3s attack preparation cycle with 100% chance on breaking from melee.
    Instead, keep AS as it is now, just add defensive check on it.
    Check will be - AS skill VS AAD skill (no dodge here).

This will make agents the only real AS users thanks to high AS skill.
    This will nerf some other AS users a bit with giving them specific checks versus AAD.
    This will benefit professions that are being hurt from AS the most - crats, fixers. MAs getting parry/riposite. Advys still have coon, heals.

This also won't nerf offensive toolset of a fixer and soldier, wich both use AS and FA.

Anyway, its an overall idea, no detailed information regarding exact check on ASvsAAD or any other is in my mind atm.

/discuss
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

What are ranged adventurers supposed to use for a special attack?

To be honest I'd think it better to take SA out of the mix than FA/AS as both Aimed Shot and Full Auto can have very fast recycle times and are the 2 most powerful specials in the game, having them lock each other makes the most sense really and prevents both those specials being used on the same character.

Locking SA out as well though prevents Shades and Agents from getting a too powerful Alpha with 2 powerful attacks as well.

So all in all it does make sense to lock them all out whenever one is used to reduce the overall Alpha power of professions.
    Last edited by Ebondevil; Dec 22nd, 2009 at 03:05:02.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Soldier's ability to kill depend on AS as far as on FA. Fixer's ability depends on those 2 even higher. Locking those 2 will nerf both those professions greatly.
    MAs can still keep running with just AS as main special, no big deal. Shades, if so want to - can do the same, just requires swap.
    G.F.B.D.
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

Despite I have a 215 soldier. I dont feels like getting 3 specials attack from someone all stack on me within 3 secs. FA + AS + Burst is not really nice.
    Last edited by Ceenah2; Dec 21st, 2009 at 16:21:22.
    Ceenah 220/30/66 PvM NT @ Newcomers Alliance
    Eeenah 199/0 Froob NT @ Newcomers Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Artyomis View Post
    Instead, keep AS as it is now, just add defensive check on it.
    This has been suggested several times over the yrs. This idea will never take off, tho...it makes too much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschools View Post
    What are ranged adventurers supposed to use for a special attack?
    Gee, I dont kno..maybe FA??? Like we been asking for for these past, oh, several yrs?
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

They're doing it right, no one should have ability to throw out two capping specials every few seconds, that's just rubbish mechanics, about time someone got balls to change it. Better get used to the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    They're doing it right, no one should have ability to throw out two capping specials every few seconds, that's just rubbish mechanics, about time someone got balls to change it. Better get used to the idea.
    Agreed, it's broken mechanics that any profession would need to rely on such things as well.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

I agree with the op. None of the reasons have any validity. You guys only oppose this because you want your prof to be in constant god mode. Well if you want balance you'll open your eyes and realize locking out AS and FA together will be a terrible blow to soldiers, and fixers...

plus if you lose 90% of your hp to FA, Burst, AS plz for the luv of god reroll, cause your toon definitely fails at pvp.

though the AS against aad check will make crats and fixers immune to AS, which shouldn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyTruth View Post
    You guys only oppose this because you want your prof to be in constant god mode.
    And you only support it because you want your prof to continue wtfpwning everything.

Look I can assume intentions too.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Wonder how Engineers will feel when classes get considerably increased regular hit damage/perk damage to compensate for a lack of specials.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Personally I like the idea of locking some specials when using others, specially the whole AS/SA/FA thing.

Although ideally it would be via making the IP expenditure to use the specials impractical for any that aren't designed to be able to do multi specials and they'd have to sacrifice other skills for it.

But as it is, its going to be a choice, you can have either that special or that special. Each has its own positive and negative side but you can't have both and just instant splat people anymore.

Myself being a fixer have never EVER used an aimed shot weapon on it, its an abomination to do so, so what if its an instant win move, whats the point of playing if everyone just spams the same button to win? I could have even lived without full auto (though I do enjoy it) if some thought went into balance before it was given to us, but as it is now full auto is becoming part of the fixer tool set you can either go with it or do what many others have done over the years and ignore it and go for a non base set up that you might find more effective.

hmm why not. FA/AS is a lot less powerfull then ppl say. Should also lower the timer on FA equal to AS (11-12) sec. Fixers are on bottom of the pvp food chain and this would totally BALANCE the game.
    Andvord, 220 Adv (retired)
    Knekt, 220/30/70 Keep (retired)
    Haavarst, 220/23 Crat
    Delifix 217 Fix
    Delivio 215 Shade
    Dilek 174 Doc
    Delisol 165 Sol
    Clown 126 Trader TL4 twink project
    Hannibal 22 Enf

Regarding all the posts above.

I aways wondered, why, if FA/AS combo is sooo Overpowered, everyone kept rolling adventurers, enforcers, doctors.

There are really lotsa adventurers that I can see at pvp lately, as far as enforcers, doctors. Many bureaucrats also. Many agents aswell.

Not sure about rk1, maybe situation is bit different there, but at RK2 overall amount of fixers at mass PvP that use to happen, - maybe higher than overall amount of traders only. The rest of professions outnumber fixers at mass PvP almost always.

Then, if fixers and soldiers are OP with their AS/FA combo, why people didn't rolled so uber profession as fixer is and kept rolling gimped ones like advys, enfos, doctors. Suicidal syndrome?
    G.F.B.D.

maybe FA or other specials are going to become more powerful after the balance? there also many other things FC are adjusting. Burst, FA, fling, AS why should you be able to use them all?

Being able to use every ranged special limits what FC can do to balance things for you in PvP and PvM without making other profs OP.
    Darkkblood level 220 MA AI:18

Darkmetals level 149 Eng AI:0

I aways wondered, why, if FA/AS combo is sooo Overpowered, everyone kept rolling adventurers, enforcers, doctors.

There are really lotsa adventurers that I can see at pvp lately, as far as enforcers, doctors. Many bureaucrats also. Many agents aswell.

Not sure about rk1, maybe situation is bit different there, but at RK2 overall amount of fixers at mass PvP that use to happen, - maybe higher than overall amount of traders only. The rest of professions outnumber fixers at mass PvP almost always.

Then, if fixers and soldiers are OP with their AS/FA combo, why people didn't rolled so uber profession as fixer is and kept rolling gimped ones like advys, enfos, doctors. Suicidal syndrome?
    They recently added FA smg that where usefull with the announce that you have to choose between AS and FA inn the near future. But they didnt mean THAT near future:P Hey funcom acts the strangest ways - They gave advs 80% perk check + aimed shot + boosted perks... beats me how they came up with that as the beginning of balancing the game. But they did. Guess next is to give NT`s a new set of nukes that actually can kill a fixer inn one hit. How you feel about that? Can it be something similar to what keepers feel when they read yet another "please give fixer even more love" thread?

oh and yeh with the announced healnerf (again inn the near future:P) - you still belive its resonable that fixers get 2x30% cap hits. And ofcourse everyone agree with you becouse it feels right inn your head.

PS Don`t forget the promised FA boost when AS get a defcheck.
    Last edited by haavarst; Dec 22nd, 2009 at 17:21:51.
    Haavarst, 220/23 Crat
    Delifix 217 Fix
    Delivio 215 Shade
    Dilek 174 Doc
    Delisol 165 Sol
    Hannibal 22 Enf

Craphander/Envy was quite nasty when used by Soldiers, atleast from a fixer perspective.
    Fixer issues

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    fixers got 2 more hots since LE, which means their healing over time, more or less, went up 200%

I am sorry for bringing keeper into this thread too, ment it more like.. inn a general way. Questra told me a while ago not to bring keepers anymore into balance discussion as it would make everyone else seem overpowered. So.. carry on
    Last edited by haavarst; Dec 22nd, 2009 at 18:31:00.
    Haavarst, 220/23 Crat
    Delifix 217 Fix
    Delivio 215 Shade
    Dilek 174 Doc
    Delisol 165 Sol
    Hannibal 22 Enf

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyTruth View Post
    realize locking out AS and FA together will be a terrible blow to soldiers, and fixers..
    There, some balancing for you.Do YOU realise that soldiers have always been totaly OPed in this game? especially at pvp.

soldiers complaining = lol...

fixers at bottom of pvp chain? hahaha, a bit much...

FC balancing pvp by first giving advs AS, 80% def perks without touching their crazy defense = HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA good move!
    There seems to be problems with the internet itself!

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    Wonder how Engineers will feel when classes get considerably increased regular hit damage/perk damage to compensate for a lack of specials.
    Same as always: you'll get compensated by heal nerf, and Engineers don't have any.

Also: Fixers are completely fine , and will be a lot more then fine after changes to AS, so quit crying a river already.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast