Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - March 20th, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post
    While we're asking for things like indoor/outdoor furniture, and solid furniture...

...will we ever get a working elevator for the skybars?
    and why are most of the chairs inside the large HQ not solid? Kinda ruins the meting room... -.^
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Love the work on the faces, quite a difference. The last images looked a lot like Betty Boop hehehehehe

Well I think you can consider using my PM as questions for the next FwM too
    Would love to know the answer to the engines hehehehe.
    Freqflyerdnt (Fix) - Codney (MP) - Fiddlybit (Crat) - Breaker117 (Enfo) - Spasticdent (NT) - Fiveof9 (Keeper) - Maleshai (Advy) - Tacitblue (Shade)

Squad Commander of Ab aeterno animus liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy
    clearly, it's all because arbalest is clan-only. all the omnis pvpers went clan for arbalest and all the omni pvmers went clan for the 35% xp buff so now the ratio of clan to omni is 9:1 herp derp clan favouritism herp derp devs are clan.

Quote Originally Posted by Rktim View Post
    and why are most of the chairs inside the large HQ not solid? Kinda ruins the meting room... -.^
    Because the current engine can't handle complex bounding boxes (where the dev says it's solid or not).

I believe it handles more then a cube but matching this solid area with furniture, grounds and such would lag badly. I guess many places our chars aren't touching the ground because of this too.

Now I'm curious, I'm eager to know next Friday if the new engine can give us better collisions and bounds for our chars to walk/sit on.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    .... At the same time we are working on concepting out a new social nightclub area in orbit as it has been a very long time since a new nightclub was added to AO...and I am sick of RKTim Picketing our offices for the opening of "Head or Tails" in omni territory. I think gathering in a new superclub in orbit would add style to our future events. ......
    If a new nightclub in a space station means not reachable by lowbie froobs...

If a new nightclub in a space station means another place to separate the veterans and higher levels from the lowbies....

Please don't do it.

Use it as a tool to get players together and not the other way around.

sidenote : yay for adding social content !

Quote Originally Posted by Gatess View Post

If a new nightclub in a space station means another place to separate the veterans and higher levels from the lowbies....

Please don't do it.

Use it as a tool to get players together and not the other way around.

sidenote : yay for adding social content !
    There's a nice easy way for Froobs to get more content.

Subscribe.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatess View Post
    Why should it be?

Quote Originally Posted by hacre View Post
    there's a nice easy way for froobs to get more content.

Subscribe.
    qft
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Boltgun View Post
    Now I'm curious, I'm eager to know next Friday if the new engine can give us better collisions and bounds for our chars to walk/sit on.
    The upcoming rendering engine has -nothing- to do with things like collisions - it merely redoes the way the images on your screen are created and look.

I honestly have mixed feelings about letting froobs up or not

as a former froob myself they have it rough, but then again u can always subscribe for more content and items, then again most ppl that stay froob do not have the money to get a subscription.

but bump for that idea

he does have somewhat of a valid point on the seperation of lowbies and higher lvled players, but honestly i dont think it will be that bad if they arent allowed
    Last edited by styles999; Mar 23rd, 2009 at 16:41:39.
    Styles9999<220/21/50 MA-Main-
    Proud member of Obsidian Order!
    All accounts closed as of 04-28-10

sync issue

[Cool-Down timers will now display visually on icons on the shortcut bar for nanos and perks.]

I love the change but there seems to be a slight issue now with the attacks that were not added to the timer.

The timers work great for the items that have the timers on them. My issue is coming from all the attacks that do not.

Since the update the attacks without timer have no longer been in sync with the visuals on the hotbar.

This is what is happening to me. Ill use Aim Shot for example. I hit an AS and the icon goes grey as it always has before as well as the other attacks. The problem is that they are not staying grey until the attack is ready to use again or after area change. So I'm finding myself spamming attacks and trying to figure out why they arn't firing. With MA attacks for example I can no longer tell if they still in recharge or the target is resisting them without watching the chat window at all time.

It seems that this randomly happening around 10-15 sec before the attack is ready or the attacks are showing ready after an area changes when they are actually not.

My question is can we get timers added to the other attacks or at least get them back to working the way they were before the change, so we visually know when the attacks are ready?
    Last edited by Saregon1; Mar 23rd, 2009 at 18:48:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    Why should it be?
    A lot of social interaction is done by Froob alts of paying subbies
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by SirNegs View Post
    A lot of social interaction is done by Froob alts of paying subbies

And ...

A lot of paying customers were at one given point, froobs.

One of the reasons i upgraded was to have some of the nice items i saw equiped in other players.

If i don't see other players besides froobs, i have nothing to look up to.

cheers,

G.

well, it was a paid player that i met in the subway that pretty much made me decide to go full exp.

we lvled in subway, thru totw, then foremans, i got to lvl 90ish and joined a awesome org, and the rest is history

I just wish everyone would stop beating up on froobs/new players, because really this is the ultimate killer of anything, im willing to help out anyone thats new, without question.

no need to degrade someone thats still learning how to walk/sit/attack. matter a fact i helped a lowbie out this past weekend, and u know what? he SUBSCRIBED, messaged me back blah, about 4 hrs later and i teamed with him some and told him some things to do etc..etc..how to change maps, clicksaver, etc

this is what helps
    Last edited by styles999; Mar 23rd, 2009 at 17:59:30.
    Styles9999<220/21/50 MA-Main-
    Proud member of Obsidian Order!
    All accounts closed as of 04-28-10

Why is everyone assuming froobs/lowbies will be unable to go up there? Froobs can attend Battlestation already, it would hardly be different for a social area.
    210/18 Solitus Ranged Advy RUSTINEL * GARRZ Soldier Solitus 166/21
    145/18 Solitus Engineer DROIDAGE * AVYLORAN Keeper Solitus 161/14
    97/10 Solitus Metaphysicist MEHFIS * ZHERE Nanotech Nanomage 85/9
    Operator SCARCITY Fixer Opifex 49/5 Only TL2 Fixer solo title 7, all servers
    The Smuggler's Tale
    New Beginnings

Advisor of Shattered Dreams and Lumen Orien

Co-founder of Lumen Orien

Quote Originally Posted by styles999 View Post
    no need to degrade someone thats still learning how to walk/sit/attack. matter a fact i helped a lowbie out this past weekend, and u know what? he SUBSCRIBED, messaged me back blah, about 4 hrs later and i teamed with him some and told him some things to do etc..etc..how to change maps, clicksaver, etc
    Who is degrading anyone if we say that froobs already have enough content and if they want some more they can subscribe.
    Everything new that comes out there is someone asking "will froobs get that too?". Its getting really old. If they are so keen on getting new stuff they can simply you know.... start paying for the game.

two handed blunt weapon fixes

Quote Originally Posted by Dictan View Post
    two handed blunt weapon fixes
    this would be excellent

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    Who is degrading anyone if we say that froobs already have enough content and if they want some more they can subscribe.
    Everything new that comes out there is someone asking "will froobs get that too?". Its getting really old. If they are so keen on getting new stuff they can simply you know.... start paying for the game.
    I think I'm starting to hate froobs more than neuts

Thumbs up Froobs....

You know, Not everyone right now has the money to pay for a game. The money might be needed for more important things. I recently had to stop paying for the game. Most the people who play this game are froobs, anyhow. Another thing people Don't realize is, most players play BECAUSE the game is free.
    Applefails 200 MP :: Roadrunner 188 Fixer :: Lolnukes 69 NT :: RK1 :: Omni

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi007 View Post
    I think I'm starting to hate froobs more than neuts
    Which is obviously the sanest thing to do in a video game...
    Anyway, you're a dinosaur Mahdi, neut h8 is so 2006.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast