Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - March 20th, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Falkvinge View Post
    Play an agent with neutral undercover kit if you want to be neutral again..
    The Undercover Kits are only available up to Ql 200 and only work on characters of level 200 or less, so not really applicable to endgame characters these days.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    The Undercover Kits are only available up to Ql 200 and only work on characters of level 200 or less, so not really applicable to endgame characters these days.
    That might be true, but side changes where never intended or allowed after 200 whereas side changes under 200 are possible.
    A change after 200 might screw things up pretty much, ie shadowbreeds, faction standings..
    I just assumed that he meant <200 since he said people switched to one side, and want to switch back to neutral.. ( for switching to a side they need to be <200 anyway )
    Gimp army from outer space:
    Falkvinge.::.Synneve.::.Gothangel.::.Devilbunny.::.Ulcerosa.::.Alywen

2 handed blunt fixes

*to Means

1. Will the new engine affect the excessive zoning we have in AO or that's another kettle of fish ?
    2. Any plans for pvp arenas, WoW style ? I mean 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3, team vs. team deathmatch.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    While I do agree there should be adjustments to VP gains across the lvl range they don't need to link those improved gains to BSs. People into PvP that go to BSs already complain about VP farmers and there have been those asking for things like 0 VP BSs. Then two years after BS VP got bumped as an incentive for people to go most BSs are still dead so VP clearly is a bad lure and would attract the wrong people.

Other things that have been suggested time and again could do far more to improve things for BSs than more VP. Being awarded VP for sitting in a queue of a BS that may never run just makes no sense either. VP gains should be done actively like through improved mission mechanics and other types of missions that have VP rewards (the sided camps we get Dread weapons from has a VP reward mission).
    You seem to have missed the point of what I said.

It doesn't matter if BS gives one million points per round, if it never runs, as all but two level ranges never run. And I'm not very concerned about attracting the wrong people. The wrong people is certainly better than no people.

Second, getting VP for sitting in the queue DOES make sense, if invitations are undeclinable.
    You are signing up to defend the battlestations. It means you are risking your time, as you could be whisked away at any second. This limits your potential activities.
    -Ashram 202 ish fixer on rimor- Proud owner of Manta A.V.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashram View Post
    You seem to have missed the point of what I said.

It doesn't matter if BS gives one million points per round, if it never runs, as all but two level ranges never run. And I'm not very concerned about attracting the wrong people. The wrong people is certainly better than no people.
    You're the one that missed the point.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    While I do agree there should be adjustments to VP gains across the lvl range they don't need to link those improved gains to BSs.

VP gains should be done actively like through improved mission mechanics and other types of missions that have VP rewards (the sided camps we get Dread weapons from has a VP reward mission).

Quote Originally Posted by Ashram View Post
    Second, getting VP for sitting in the queue DOES make sense, if invitations are undeclinable.
    You are signing up to defend the battlestations. It means you are risking your time, as you could be whisked away at any second. This limits your potential activities.
    They don't run, knowing they don't run you could be in the queue for ages and never get a call up. I've still been in the queue of a dead BS for days to about a week before enough were signed up for it to try and start a round, but of course would have failed since most were off line. Even with "active" BSs during "active" times you could be sitting in the queue for hours and never go up with how they work now. During inactive periods "active" BSs could be dead for several hours before starting up. That's even for more active servers like RK2, imagine what RK3 would be like.

So with queue VP you could leave the char sitting there while doing things on other chars or out of the game to gain VP. It's like how with some Asian MMORPGs the shop mode requires you to be on-line. People don't do that when they want to play, or at least play with that char. They do it when they go to sleep, eat, watch TV, play another game, play another char, read, go to work, go to school and so on. It'd be the same here with queue VP as both involve no interaction from you.

If a round actually starts then so what. Some already use some third-party programs or what not to automate a key press to avoid AFK so they can do other things during the round when VP farming in the BSs that do run now. With this they could do the same and get double VP, VP from the queue and VP from the round plus never have to sit and watch for the join pop-up to do it. Your only involvement would be in signing up, big freaking deal.

You should be required to actually do something to earn your VP. Queue VP sure as hell isn't doing something to earn it. FC just needs to improve non-BS VP to provide people with a way to get it at any lvl. Before FC bumped BS VP they even said they were doing it thinking it would draw more people to BSs. But that didn't work out very well as most are still dead and those that do want to be there complain about those that only want the VP. Queue VP is just a repeat of the same mistake but even worse. If they provide some real means of getting VP that isn't BS related that requires people to actively earn it and make adjustments to BSs so they can run more effectively then everyone can be happier.

http://moderator.appspot.com/#15/e=16202&t=325d5

"927 votes on 55 questions from 27 people"

Come vote folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Arrien View Post
    http://moderator.appspot.com/#15/e=16202&t=325d5

"927 votes on 55 questions from 27 people"

Come vote folks!
    90% of the questions are pontification about very narrow, idiosyncratic concerns. Means would be far better off with "Big Picture" posting then delving into specifics to illustrate his points, than pander to these kinds of questions. Things like prof balance review, neutrals role/update/redefinition, new directions or such. Not "can we get this particular feature that i rly rly want added plz??"
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    90% of the questions are pontification about very narrow, idiosyncratic concerns. Means would be far better off with "Big Picture" posting then delving into specifics to illustrate his points, than pander to these kinds of questions. Things like prof balance review, neutrals role/update/redefinition, new directions or such. Not "can we get this particular feature that i rly rly want added plz??"
    I think he should focus equally on both.

And besides, the specific questions being posed are overwhelmingly good ones.

2handed blunt fixes?

Get a twitter like Sil has, Colin!
    I am Dagget

Quote Originally Posted by bungerman View Post
    2. I believe I read in some Friday with Means you mentioned more pvp areas like the battlestation, any clue when we might see these and can one of them be a revamped will to fight?
    I can't remember anything like that but does anyone else remember Means saying that and can show where?

Quote Originally Posted by Dictan View Post
    2handed blunt fixes?
    That is what, the fourth time you asked that in this thread? Do you really think spamming the question throughout the thread helps your position? Those changes are coming with the overall prof rebalancing from what I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    They better not mess up trox monkey dancing.
    They better not!

Personally, I really liked the new head style. Looks more realistic imo
    Rimor:Berrenta 220/19 adv|Sudayxis 135/8 MP|Rubyfire 15/2 sold|Shadowberren 73/6 agent
    Ashlotte 102/5 keeper|Yetashan 54/1 MA|Rubiam 35/2 NT|Kumatora 40/2 trader
    Atlantean: Maledia 120/5 doctor|Shawaina 30/2 enf|Shellfury 13/1 sold

Proud member of Core (Rimor) and Hands of Fate (Atlantean)
    Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    There is no IRL. There is only active in game, AFK & extended AFK.

Quote Originally Posted by gergiskoo View Post
    I think he should focus equally on both.
    I think he should focus on directing the game. You know, as Game Director.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

<3 happy they re-fixed the head. I was scared I'd end up looking like a shocked cheaply made blow-up doll. The new fix looks like the same face, same expression, just less fuzzy. Mucho Better!
    Copperneedle 207 doc Ex-president Whisper's Edge
    -others on RK1 CLAN!-

New Perma-Resident to Test Live

Binarybits 220/26/70 President of :
    Loyal order of the Guinea pig

Quote Originally Posted by Heresiarch View Post
    now fix the TITS
    Yes! FIx the bewbs!!!
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

One thing that would be interesting to know is if there are any plans to make the GUI more customizeable and making it easier to change GUI.

With all the problems the launcher has, are there any plans to replace it anytime soon? (most notably it's inability to properly detect numerous GFX cards)
    Lord "Khalem" Trevallien -=- Fixer Kingpin, proud officer and Loremaster of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Sir "Eoemar" Trevallien -=- Supreme Creator
    http://ao.shadow-realm.org/ - The Shadowlands Library -=- http://ai.shadow-realm.org/ - The Alien Invation library
    http://bebot.shadow-realm.org/ - BeBot - An Anarchy Online Chat Automaton
    http://aodevs.com/ - Anarchy Online 3rd party developers resource

"Frustration is not a good emotion when it comes to playing games."
    -- Former AO Game Director Marius Enge

It's not all that hard to change the GUI, I'm no coder or artist but look at my signature. All you need is a text program and a graphics program, and windows at least comes with both. *Takes cover from linux users*
    Hello and welcome to The Internet. Please leave your common sense, decency and humanity with the doorman. Have a nice stay.

Squad Commander and resident Shade of When I Grow Up

Is your GUI getting in the way of playing AO?
    Do you want to be able to take screenshots quickly and easily without hotbars, wings and chat windows getting in the way?
    Are you getting tired of that blue colour scheme?
    Try using my Uncluttered GUI!

its firday!
    more screenies, loads of screenies and more screenies.
    Irmo 220 sol
    Hogfather 220 doc "ER...HO. HO. HO."
    Wintersmith 220 crat
    Ainur 209 trader
    Viralbots Incorporated

"Real children don't go hoppity-skip unless they are on drugs."

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast