Thread: Shades spirits icons

Question Shades spirits icons

Hello,

I tried to find that post about new icons of old spirits again but without any results... it's been 20 min I'm looking for it.

Anyway...

I'm curious to know how many people like or dislike the new look of the old shades' spirits.

In my opinion, I never understood why people have to feel like making new things if it's to change something which was great into something very ugly (except if that was intentional, like rusted metal or other, post-ap style).
    Don't get me wrong, when people make something great I'm very fast to tell all the people I know how pleased I'm and how great it is even if I don't make it in a comment on forums. I'm not against changes, I'm just against bad changes. And painting pretty looking icons into a terribly ugly faded green color is really not something I think being very great. Maybe for a bad joke?

*pouts* I wanted to make a poll "how about bringing back the old look of the old spirits" "yes/no/don't care" but it seems it's not allwowed to make polls here or I just don't find how to do it.

Feel free to comment, thanks. I'm curious to know what's people's opinion about this.
    ~Lilith Nagarajah~

Though I didn't see a need (nor want) for new spirit icons, I think the new ones look better.

I could care less.

Liked the old ones better. Would prefer to make getting spirits easier rather then making them look worse/better though.

Yea, I wouldn't mind TNH dropping 1-2 spirits as opposed to useless QL210 symbs every kill. I mean, c'mon.. he's an endgame farmable boss.. he should drop appropriate loot

I preferred the old ones.
    ======================

blix01/spookiepants/stiffwood

Old ones were better and I saw no reason to change them. If anything hasn't changing them made them more similar to other spirit icons (Xan spirits)? Isn't that against the intent of all these icon changes?

Also I'm not sure there was a thread about this before. I remember a few posts or so in a patch notes thread but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeran View Post
    Liked the old ones better. Would prefer to make getting spirits easier rather then making them look worse/better though.
    Graphics are done by one person, code/loot drops by another.

Better to have the graphics dude update icons rather than sit there playing Farmville or something.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Quote Originally Posted by Omutb View Post
    Graphics are done by one person, code/loot drops by another.

Better to have the graphics dude update icons rather than sit there playing Farmville or something.
    Never said otherwise. There are plenty of better graphical things to change then the color of spirits however.

I never noticed until the other day when combing for lowbie spirits for a friend. I'm not a fan of the green, but don't care either way. The 300 alpha combines I have equipped are still blue
    Last edited by Jebus; Jul 9th, 2010 at 18:48:04.
    Aborted "Provision" Lovechild - 220/30/70 - Shade

The new spirits gave me a reason to log my shade to see what they looked like. Other than that, he has been sitting idle for months.

I do like the new ones, but it wasn't enough for me to dust him off to start playing again.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - What a Ride!!!"
    Deathwalker / Deadcalm / Deathleech / Deathforce
    Tiger Claw is Recruiting

new ones are nice