Thread: Discussion Thread for Sector 7

Discussion Thread for Sector 7

Just wanted to say my piece for my first night in this instance, from the perspective of an OK-equipped level 200 Nano-Technician.

1) The trash mobs are no problem, very easy to run through. AXP is a bit low (900 in a team, 1200 solo) but servicable, and you're never under any danger of drawing too many adds.

2) The bosses can be a real pain, and almost a coin flip whether you win or not. The Kyr'Ozch Maid, while a bit by-the-numbers, is very fun. The Controller is either laughably easy or gut-bustingly hard depending on who he charms. The Defense Tower can be a real pain in the ass, as the Nanovoiders he spits out can absolutely floor any Doctor that it touches, and as it has the draw-and-root mechanic akin to many other bosses, it's almost inevitable.

No comment on the last boss, as I haven't managed to see it spawned.

Overall this was a surprise - quite a bit more fun and doable than I was expecting. Not a cakewalk in the least but definitely not impossible. However I think a second look would be handy for the Defense Tower, if nothing else.

This Sector does suffer from a lack of people, as this is a very foreign level for twinkers. I think, though, once we see the twink numbers climb and we see more Soldiers and Enforcers for tanky, reflecty goodness, we'll see a lot more completed runs in the future.

One thing I'd like to ask those who've killed the final boss: what does he drop? I've heard rumors and speculations but no concrete confirmations.

[[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    Why are you starting a new thread when there's already one on the topic which even answers the questions you're asking?
    And why cant he?

I've had a few runs through here myself and the middle boss seems very hit and miss. The first time we tried we ended up with 10+ guardian mobs which floored us. The second time I used a crat and after calming the first guardian no more spawned. Unsure what the coons in the middle do. The fight starts with 3 coons but one disappears during the fight, maybe the faster you take the boss down the less adds you get?

It was a decent team although it was made up mostly of tl5 twinks so I was suprised at how easy some of the bosses were in that respect.

The final spawned boss seemed easy too. Myslef and two others died during the ball adds but in general the boss went down quickly with no major problems. Very easy to get back if you die too.

Ill used hour at my life for soloing those couple mish from outside (with 170 adv) and they was lilbit boring even at first time. Dunno why fc thinks all fun coming from roots/stunns/damn long walking? Boss there is hard enough and yea its looks like not soloable, but only for stunns.