Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sector 7 Weapons

Phoenix, thanks for keeping the masses informed as you work thru things in S7
    I do agree, I looked at a recent db dump and the Carbine /fails for a solja. I could have equipped it in its current version at TL3, yet I'm working towards TL6 and was looking forward to an alternative in between SPB and Dshark at 210, since SPB pretty much sucks after 160ish for your normal damage hits.
    Will continue to watch the feedback posts as they come along from the testlive crew :-)
    Plugsz
    President, Newcomers Alliance 220/30/70 Gun Advy RK1
    Advy Guns since day 1 and damn proud of it
    Manguyver's Foremans/Biomare Services services on pause for now

Hardcorree 200/30/67 Bringing DD and off-tanking to a battle near you.

The obvious answer for prof locks is that it's easier to control.

A profession lock, for example, on a common item will make it easier to balance later on, it won't result in obscure twinking that suddenly becomes FOTM, due to the success of peculiar, previously unthought-of setup, like, an Agent with the SE pistol and a Onehander, for example.

While obscure setup's aren't really the norm, these days, it isn't that hard to imagine one. Like the typed kyr'Ozch Rapier+briefcase crat, using psychology as the attack skill. Or, the obviously unique (but wildly unsuccessful) shen stick Agent, I saw less than a year ago.

Or, the less obscure, but now overpowered TL7 fixer with onehander and MK5 hawk.

So, while profession locks do suck in-so-far-as limiting wide open setups and twinking opportunities, they do make it easier to balance the game.

If, for example fixer didn't have access to the onehander, they would likely be balanced: TL7 fixers moaned forever that they lacked FA support, if they hadn't had access to the onehander, this would have been a viable request. However, due to now havign solid FA support, AND access to onehander (and now having access to 4 fast recharging ranged specials), they are now OP'd.

If the onehander had prof locks, (or the situation was different), Fixer wouldn't now be offensively OP'd.

It's also fun that the prof-locked weapons are in direct contradiction, to what Means had to say on level/prof-locks during the Fan Gathering Q&A
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by plugszzz View Post
    Phoenix, thanks for keeping the masses informed as you work thru things in S7
    I do agree, I looked at a recent db dump and the Carbine /fails for a solja. I could have equipped it in its current version at TL3, yet I'm working towards TL6 and was looking forward to an alternative in between SPB and Dshark at 210, since SPB pretty much sucks after 160ish for your normal damage hits.
    Will continue to watch the feedback posts as they come along from the testlive crew :-)
    the carbine really shines through with the fa recharge. a good bit faster than the spb.

Just to be clear the weapons that drop in S7 are the Special Edition ones. The regular Kyr'Ozch Nunchacko as far as I know are dropped by the aliens that drop the other regular AI weapons and the new type by some general.

New weapons look nice but...damn....FC bump the equip reqs and boost the MBS of all the weapons. I liked the new heavy weapons cannon for soldiers. Pretty cool. No FA but checking duck-exp with a nice min/max dmg might be worth it if they raise the MBS up.
    220/30/70 - Atrox Agent - Tinypain
    220/30/70 - Atrox Keeper - Ivekeeper
    220/25/70 - Atrox Fixer - Zedy
    220/30/70 - Solitus Soldier - Tequiila
    172/20/35 - Nanomage Agent - Nanocide
    Storm

Quote Originally Posted by chickeepie View Post
    the carbine really shines through with the fa recharge. a good bit faster than the spb.
    yea the FA recharge alone is the only thing that makes me want the carbine to try it out. that recycle itself would have me close to capping in current setup on my solja
    Plugsz
    President, Newcomers Alliance 220/30/70 Gun Advy RK1
    Advy Guns since day 1 and damn proud of it
    Manguyver's Foremans/Biomare Services services on pause for now

Hardcorree 200/30/67 Bringing DD and off-tanking to a battle near you.

I think those weapons fits perfectly to a game where you need to spend IP´s to be a successful,
    now just right click and its in your hands ,amazing! and you dont need to spend single IP´s ,its a miracle!
    Allmost like wielding APTs in hands ,must be good.

IP = Improvement Point

If someone really thinks these kind of things are really a good improvement to Anarchy Online,why dont we skip this part allready and go
    straight to step 2.halve the reqs and double the damage,,geee o weee lets go straight to step 3 and remove the reqs completely and triple the damage.
    Last edited by trollingstones; Nov 12th, 2010 at 20:21:21.

Got my hands on a pair of Special Edition Kyr'Ozch Nunchacko then commenced to do some testing on my lvl 200 MA. If you want to skip the details the long and short of it is that against very high AC targets two nunchakos would be better for me due to their higher min damage value. Although against anything you won't only do min damage to if you don't crit fists are better.

Fists with about 1750 MA skill:
    175-718 (545) @ 1.6/1.6

Special Edition Kyr'Ozch Nunchacko:
    233-266 (299) @ 1.5/1.5

Damage per minute
    Code:
    Very high AC target:

agg/def: -56

Fists
    	53 940
    One nunchacko
    	69 788
    Two Nunchakos
    	69 450

agg/def: -100

Fists
    	47 674
    One Nunchako
    	50 628
    Two Nunchakos
    	55 916

Typical mid to highish range AC target:

Agg/Deff: -57

Fists
    	109 706
    One Nunchako
    	 94 970
    Two Nunchakos
    	 98 280

Agg/def: -100

Fists
    	84 557
    One Nunchako
    	63 971
    Two Nunchakos
    	70 704
    I used the ICC Punching Bug (a very high AC and good defence thing in ICC on test for people to beat on that does not fight back) and Stinking Scorpids (lvl 205 mobs in Beliel Forest that drop the droppings for HI raids, they're all the same and there's a number of them) in these tests.

Agg/def: -100 is full def.
    Agg/def: -57 & Agg/def: -56 is about 20% up from full def.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12