Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The new AI wpns??

Someone I know has annoying good luck and has had at least two type 48 clumps drop for him already. Came from more than one General type actually, Jaax and Cha. Maybe it's a random chance from all?

Can someone confirm that the SE weapons drop from normal mobs?
    Have cleared about two PF's of normals and not yet seen one weapon drop ( yes, i am aware AO has some low dropchances and all but have they dropped on the live-servers?)
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

can confirmed it, did a quick check just now. Got 3 wpns to drop rifle, 2he and RE from regular mobs.
    that was 1.5 pf killed

Dosnt really matter does it ? TL4 no drop proff locked weapons in a tl5 PF were always going to be mostly worthless.

With a MR req. of 400, they make for very nice off hand weapons, as long as your off hand has more than half the damage of the main hand weapon you are gaining DPS, right?
    I dont see my NM Doc equipping an offhand pistol with more damage than these have untill well into the shadow levels.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

still hate the prof locks on the se weps. my trader wants to use his se nunchuck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Ranged professions enjoy a significant advantage everywhere and more so against pet professions...
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Note: Calling me an "incompetant ass-monkey", while admitedly is extremely amusing, does nothing to quantify what exactly, if anything, you would like to see changed in your/someone else's nanos.

mh cleared s7 about 5 times now and haven't seen any weapon drop from regular aliens .
    Prolly just bad luck though
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

nunchackos are a good alternative.. they can be effective with the right setup. The AR is just.. why?

Last night got QL189 Type 48 material drop from city raid General (Jaxx I think). Then my lvl 194 enfo had the Nunchacko (QL238) drop from "Terminate Cocoons" mission (I'm pretty sure it droped from one of the Larvae thingos).

Unfortunatelly, the material is a few QLs too low to upgrade the 'Chucks so I couldn't give it a proper go and GMS prices are a bit crazy at the moment .

If the s7 assault rifle was energy damage and not projectile, i'd use it at tl7.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Found a Nunchacko with my 150 MA in a Daily Mish
    Happy employee of the Omni Tek corporation.
    I am destruction. I am creation. I am Engineer.
    Free Tradeskill Services on RK1. Includes AI Armor.

AOMover | AwesOme Script
    Open Source Licenses, enjoy your freedom

Quote Originally Posted by XenonDe View Post
    mh cleared s7 about 5 times now and haven't seen any weapon drop from regular aliens .
    Prolly just bad luck though
    I'll usually see one or two even when no clearing them all but have gone through and seen none before. The drop rates are low on regular mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi007 View Post
    nunchackos are a good alternative.. they can be effective with the right setup. The AR is just.. why?
    If you mean the regular ones then yes, a good high QL one can be rather nice. S7 ones aren't all that special except maybe in the lower end of the 151-200 lvl range of S7.

The biggest advantage of either is the higher min damage on them than on fist "weapons" which is good against those really high AC mobs. The low max and crit damage though can real cut into your damage per minute as it can be about half that of your fist "weapons." One thing if you're going to use weapons on a MA is you want to pile on damage add stuff since you'll be throwing in more hits.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    I'll usually see one or two even when no clearing them all but have gone through and seen none before. The drop rates are low on regular mobs.
    Yeah, I found one now after 9 or 10 clearings. SMG ain't that useful to MA but now I've seen them drop.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

[removed content due to being misled by patches repo'ing content ]
    Last edited by copperneedle; Nov 28th, 2010 at 03:38:00.
    Copperneedle 207 doc Ex-president Whisper's Edge
    -others on RK1 CLAN!-

New Perma-Resident to Test Live

Binarybits 220/26/70 President of :
    Loyal order of the Guinea pig

Had a QL 140-ish Nunchakoo drop from a random mob in S10

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    If the s7 assault rifle was energy damage and not projectile, i'd use it at tl7.
    Why? Well I guess it might have it's place between 205 and 209.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12