Thread: The Final Respite Backpack

The Final Respite Backpack

This patch made adjustments to the The Final Respite which is the Halloween back item and backpack. One was so it could be used as a backpack to store stuff and the other was so it lost the unique tag.

Although now there are no UPHs around near as I can see so unless they respawn them unique tag or not we're still only going to have one each. Unless we buy the replica version from the new items shop that is.

As for making old ones into usable backpacks for storage use a screwdriver on it.

You combined "Screwdriver" with "The Final Respite" and the result is a quality level 1 "The Final Respite Backpack".

The screwdriver is used up and it should be usable as a backpack now as the name suggests. Although when I right click on it it doesn't open. I just get the items locked error message since my back slot is locked in my clothing tab and right clicking it tried to equip it rather than open it.

Beeping Backpack can still not be used as a container.
    Wonder if it was just forgotten or left out on purpose seeing as it is already stuffed full of hi-tech stuff according to the description.

Funcom employee

I'll take another look at this tomorrow when I get into the office - In all of my testing it worked, but... as noted in other places, there's been some definite oddness with a few things in this patch already.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

... i smell rollback shirts brewing ...
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    I'll take another look at this tomorrow when I get into the office - In all of my testing it worked, but... as noted in other places, there's been some definite oddness with a few things in this patch already.
    Thanks. Any chance that UPHs will be returning for a while so we can get extras now that it has no unique tag?

yup. respite backpack utterly fails....sure it combined with screwdriver and now has a nice new descrip boasting its ability as a bp but when i try and open it, as mentioned, it just equips and takes my back item off. Hopefully this can be fixed easily, so it is like the other backpacks that don't have the right-click equip ability built in them.But I reiterate....fail.

I've upgraded mine with a screwdriver as it says in the description now. However, it still won't open...clicking on it just equips it to back slot. It won't open while you wear it either.

Also, it says it's a fixture that can be placed on the ground, yet it's NODROP - when you try to place it somewhere it says "NODROP items cannot be dropped!"

What the info windows says

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwifruits View Post
    I've upgraded mine with a screwdriver as it says in the description now. However, it still won't open...clicking on it just equips it to back slot. It won't open while you wear it either.

Also, it says it's a fixture that can be placed on the ground, yet it's NODROP - when you try to place it somewhere it says "NODROP items cannot be dropped!"
    To back up Kiwifruits description this is what the info window says in case it's needed as evidence:

Before using Screwdriver:
    The Final Respite
    NODROP
    Quality level: 1
    Requirements:
    Wear:
    Adventuring from 21
    Description:
    For the death-inclined on the go.
    There is a small port near the bottom of this pack which will accept a screwdriver - By using a screwdriver on this item, you will enable it's ability to function as a storage device. This is irreversible, but there's really no reason *not* to.
    Halloween 29484

After Screwdriver:
    NODROP
    Quality level: 1
    Fixture: This item can be placed on the ground.
    Requirements:
    Wear:
    Adventuring from 21
    Description:
    For the death-inclined on the go, this handy backpack not only stores your stuff, it can also be used to store you should the need arise.
    And since this is Rubi-Ka it will, sooner or later.

Halloween 29484

*Tries to put it on the ground due to the figure statement*
    "This is a NoDrop item - it can't be dropped."
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    [Neutnet]: You're banned for abusing me jerk. BTW, I'm burning down your house and pissing on your Cheerios as we speak. I hope you get pink eye and toenail fungus. I don't want your feedback cause I'm not going to read it anyways. I don't care what you think. You're scum.
    <3Your Friendly Neighborhood Scripter!<3
    More Information Below!
    Admin of R.S.S || Post on the AO Forum

You can't put backpacks on the ground anyway because you can put items in. It was fun to put backpacks with contents for org members to pick up in our HQ while it lasted, but it let you bypass some inventory limitations (like uniques).

But yea it's confusing, maybe a script to analyse the item db and remove fixture flags to backpacks and uniques may get things clearer.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

You can put backpacks on the ground last I tried, they just couldn't have anything in them at the time. All backpacks have "this item can be placed on the ground" as far as I can remember so I guess if anything is flagged as a backpack it gets that tag, even if it's nodrop.

I have 2.

A few UPHs survived the patchy holocaust.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusos101 View Post
    I have 2.

A few UPHs survived the patchy holocaust.
    Or someone over there figured what the hell and spawned them again.

Lol... Would be weird to find UPH still wandering around outta no where
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    [Neutnet]: You're banned for abusing me jerk. BTW, I'm burning down your house and pissing on your Cheerios as we speak. I hope you get pink eye and toenail fungus. I don't want your feedback cause I'm not going to read it anyways. I don't care what you think. You're scum.
    <3Your Friendly Neighborhood Scripter!<3
    More Information Below!
    Admin of R.S.S || Post on the AO Forum

Just wanted to mention that my The Final Respite Backpack still doesn't open. In the last patch notes it said some items were fixed but I guess this wasn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    Just wanted to mention that my The Final Respite Backpack still doesn't open. In the last patch notes it said some items were fixed but I guess this wasn't one of them.
    Confirmed, it equips on right click. Ah well, good try.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Funcom employee

#@$*(%!@$^

Ok, I think I FINALLY have it fixed. >< Double and triple checked it on the internal servers and the backpack does, in fact, open like a backpack now. Finally. Murgh. >< Hopefully this will be available in our next update out to live.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    #@$*(%!@$^

Ok, I think I FINALLY have it fixed. >< Double and triple checked it on the internal servers and the backpack does, in fact, open like a backpack now. Finally. Murgh. >< Hopefully this will be available in our next update out to live.
    Yay! Thanks.

Kintaii powah ftw!
    ~Techmagos -220/30/70 Engi
    ~Aasimi -220/21/xx Agent
    ~Nyrlathotek9 -174/14/xx Sold

rk1>rk2™