Thread: Yesdrop basic doctor OFAB saying it's nodrop

Yesdrop basic doctor OFAB saying it's nodrop

I paid a friend to buy some basic ql200 doctor ofab armor (helmet/chest/boots) from the doctor ofab shop in OA, but it's coming up as NODROP, even though the words NODROP are no where to be found on it. He gets the "this item is NODROP" message when he tries to trade it, mail it, etc... We tried zoning, logging out, trading with others, and still we get the NODROP message.

Can someone help?

Maybe his install is broken or didnt patch properly?

Is it all pieces? ie you trade them one at a time, rather than in a bag.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Thats the price you pay for having S.E helmets in all QLs

That was my bad. Sorry. I'll get right on it.

Quote Originally Posted by blingoutyourdead View Post
    That was my bad. Sorry. I'll get right on it.
    It was you? I thought I did it.. phew...

Quote Originally Posted by Omutb View Post
    Maybe his install is broken or didnt patch properly?

Is it all pieces? ie you trade them one at a time, rather than in a bag.
    His install and patch installed correctly. It wasn't being traded in a bag. We tried one at a time. You name it, we tried it.

Personally I think it's a coding issue.

Im sure that others must have traded the same pieces by now, maybe they havent.

Maybe its something specifically wrong with the QL200, but thats unlikely as the QLs are all interpolated between 1 and 300.

The last time I saw someone post about a similar issue, it was because their client hadnt patched properly due to their use of Vista/7 and having installed in Program Files.

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

This issue has been magically resolved, thank you. Now it works.

Quote Originally Posted by protozo View Post
    This issue has been magically resolved, thank you. Now it works.
    Weird indeed, especially as there hasnt been a client or server update.

It was a patching problem, as was suggested above. Thanks for the help. I guess we can close/delete this thread. Thanks.

I just tried to trade my NT Ofab ring to a friend and it said that it was No-Drop. I hope that I don't have to reinstall my game to get this to work...
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

I'd try to download the patch again and repatch it first, then reboot.

ahh, would i have to uninstall the patch or do something specific? never had to re-patch before.
    R.I.P. AO

To re-patch you need to change version.id file to past version and then it will patch you to current

Quote Originally Posted by protozo View Post
    I'd try to download the patch again and repatch it first, then reboot.
    Well, I tried this and it didn't help me. It still says that my NT ring is no drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Onack View Post
    To re-patch you need to change version.id file to past version and then it will patch you to current
    Thanks, this worked to re-patch the game. My problem still exists though.
    R.I.P. AO

Update: My NT Ofab ring was bugged, sent in a petition and had to twist the arm of a stubborn GM (that I won't name) so that he would respawn me a new NT ring. He made me delete my bugged one then traded me my new one.

I believe the bug is because my ring was really old had it for like 2 years now.

Anyone with an OFAB ring that won't trade, send in a petition.
    R.I.P. AO