Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BS Daily mission

Quote Originally Posted by Lusos101 View Post
    Yah, i is totally agree with joo. People who dont want to PvP should go farm VP somewhere else. Unfortunatly FC wants peoples in them BSs and puts the VPs and rewards there, not somewhere else. As for your implied demand that people should go there to do PvP, I can only reply with total irony that how people play the game is up to them.

This is a game. To be played. If people dont play the game something is wrong. I would blame it on bad gameplay mechanisms. But as we all know it is the players fault if they dont do what YOU want. Rite?
    This outlines exactly why BSs fail and will always fail with things as they are. So long as FC insists that something that doesn't work as a reward for PvPers is supposedly a reward in a PvP zone so those that have no interest in PvP must go to said zones to get it, we'll always have the issues indicated in this thread. BS missions just took that to the next level as even if your side lost 500 to 0 and you did nothing but avoid going AFK you will still get your big juicy reward. FC can't impose kill requirements as some profs aren't really geared for killing, BSs can span a wide lvl range and the missions are for fr00bs in the available lvl range too.

FC started with BSs as a PvP zone with the option to get VP at least relatively speaking reasonably well through PvM. Most BSs before very long went dead so since they wanted BSs all running they tried to drag anyone and everyone to them with high VP. Then they just kept borking it all up more and more and more in the effort to get BSs running. Yet after all these years and all those failures they're still using the same methods gaining the same results.

Then when they added another new oh so wonderful and anticipated PvP zone it also utterly failed. Just as with BSs in the first bit people went to check the new thing out but before very long at all they slipped into disuse as they lacked enough interested people. I'm just waiting for the "let's cram everyone into here too" methods to start up.

Many to most just aren't interested in PvP or at least on that char or at that time/level which really limits how many would be looking to PvP. That's all there is to it and so long as FC keeps intentionally cramming everyone into a PvP zone it will continue to mess it up as a PvP zone making it something else and causing the PvPers that want real PvP to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldon View Post
    The trick I always used when one side was spawn camping.... APT while in decon, pop out and faceroll burst/fling/FA and the normal shot = 1 dead spawn camper.
    didnt work last time i saw that.. it ended with dead APT and 4-5 dead non-APTd clams
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by nitr0 View Post
    but why should they really try to win and fight when they see kill-farmers on their own side, standing alone at capture points not capping them, because they want long rounds.
    Its not like all people who try to get a fight on bs are all solo kill farmers.
    On 150-174 and 151-174 most people dont signed again after 2-3 rounds with fullcap and spawncamping. Thats one reason not to fullcap - to have a chance for another round.

I realy enjoy team pvp action. Its great to have team vs team situations where you can improve your strategy to face the opponent crowd. That takes time you never have in a 2min fullcap round.

The Daily just makes it all worse.

Yeah, mech up How I wished mech-combat was more advanced tho...

Quote Originally Posted by hasufuel
    Thats one reason not to fullcap - to have a chance for another round.
    With people hunting the daily, the full cap is the smartest thing to do - gets you in and out as fast as possible. You don't care if there's going to be a subsequent round you won't be there for it.

It's become clear, first with VP rewards dropping from kills that the PvPers never loot, and now with the daily missions, the BS isn't a PvP zone - it's a zone where PvP occurs as a necessity to gain VP.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    With people hunting the daily, the full cap is the smartest thing to do - gets you in and out as fast as possible. You don't care if there's going to be a subsequent round you won't be there for it.

It's become clear, first with VP rewards dropping from kills that the PvPers never loot, and now with the daily missions, the BS isn't a PvP zone - it's a zone where PvP occurs as a necessity to gain VP.
    Would think pvp would be more popular if making a toon for it wouldn't take a lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Lletah View Post
    Would think pvp would be more popular if making a toon for it wouldn't take a lifetime.
    Yeah, I know I'd care a bit more about winning with my levelling characters if PVP for them wasn't nothing but

miss
    miss
    miss
    miss
    miss
    miss
    rooted
    dead

The name needs to be changed from Battle Station to VictoryPoints Station, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaguar View Post
    The name needs to be changed from Battle Station to FinishMyDailyQuick Station, imo.
    Fixed*

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    Buff Station. Go in, buff up, avoid AFK till the round ends and run to Bor for a reward.
    You can do that in the "bs waiting room" already. Unless you mean getting buffs from other players too?
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123