Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 18.4.2 Update Release Notes

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwifruits View Post
    I just tried an alien daily on my 220, and for the first time since dailies came out, had to run her out of the mission.

"More challenge" means making lvl 230-ish aliens that hit harder than the 275 ones in Arid?

More challenge DOES NOT equate to more fun.
    Srsly. Whose idea was this anyway? AI dailies were working just fine. Obviously if it ain't broke, we're just not done with it yet! And I'm sure now that they've "fixed" this issue they will refuse to revisit it until they're done screwing up fifty-five other things they already have in queue.

Couldn't have said it any better.

I rarely ever give feedback on stuffs like these. Thanks for saving the time for me to type it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenWon View Post
    I had this long tirade all typed up, but we all know this is crap. No one actually listens to anyone except jaded OP toons and everything done to this game proves that the developers either never actually play the game themselves, or are a bunch of completely geared out toons with no chance of dying, or suffering any penalties whatsoever. Try doing anything as a leveling toon guys. Then tell us we need harder aliens at tl6-7. Try battlestations 175-214, then tell us the pvp in this game is fair and balanced. Try one QUARTER of what REAL people with REAL gear do on a daily basis, THEN tell us how awesome this game is..after youve been sent to reclaim or a garden 4 billion miles from you mission.

You guys are all completely blind.
    Yagyu for life

Santa Leet: Sup?
    Goratinkr: Nice hat!
    Santa Leet: Yes. Although all this christmasing makes my head dizzy. I was also given this red costume they wanted me to wear, but no thanks.
    Goratinkr: A costume?
    Santa Leet: yes. Red cloth with white fur on them. To wear. And that's just stupid.. and stuff. I really wonder what the devs were thinking.
    Goratinkr: I like costumes!
    Santa Leet: oh yeah? I tell you what. You help me get rid of this pain in my head, and I'll give you the stupid costume! omgz the pain! Oh! Oh! Teh hurts!
    You have a feeling that the Santa Leet might be overreacting just a bit, but probably for the best not to comment on it.
    Goratinkr: How can I help you get rid of the pain?
    Santa Leet: Uhm, I think one of those treatment labradories would be helpful. Do you think you can get me one of those? I don't know how I will get through all those christmas parties and stuff without it. I will probably die if I don't get some of that treatment.
    At this point you are pretty sure that the Santa Leet is overreacting, but maybe just give him a treatment laboratory just in case?
    Santa Leet: dewd, where's my labrador?

Tried to pass QL1 treatment lab as well as a QL160 version. He'd accept neither (as indicated by his last response above). Red herring? Lame either way....

Funcom employee

He needs a full stack of 50. Sorry for any confusion this might have caused - Probably should have made it a bit clearer in the dialog. Our apologies. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Are there no outdoor leets this year? Can't seem to find any.
    Marijke88::220|30|70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Phexuz::220|30|70 Opifex Fixer
    Doppelripp::220|30|70 Opifex Bureaucrat
    Arbitrage::220|30|70 Opifex Trader
    Truxal::220|30|70 Opifex Doctor
    Brennstab::220|30|70 Opifex Nano-Technician
    Wurstmacher::200|30|70 Opifex Shade

Proud Advisor of Insomnia Gravis
    Account created: 2005-01-13

i have killed some antleets and iceleets outdoors.....what I am wondering is, is there anything new inside the presents? haven't seen any new items. so is the new stuff only obtained through the safari tours?

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    He needs a full stack of 50.
    Worked like a charm. You know I'm not the sharpest fork in the drawer, so thanks for clarifying.

Even though I might voice my opinion occasionally, overall I have appreciated most of the changes over the past few years.

However:
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    18.4.2 Update Release Notes
    - Daily mission Aliens adjusted again for more challenge between level 195 and 220.
    Are you guys TRYING to kill the game by making more "solo only" content impossible for non-twinked toons to solo?

A non-twinked, but decently equipped, leveling toon (full T2 armor with ql220+ symbs & weapons, which is actually better equipped than a lot of 215-219 toons leveling in inf missions) was already getting raped regularly in the AI daily missions. Now the same toon is lucky to make it past the first mob. It now loses more AIxp than it gains IF it were actually able to complete the AI daily mission. This same toon can last for quite a while longer soloing the quests in Arid Rift.

The only way that this "more challenging" change could possibly make sense to the average player is if the SantaLeets are handing out endgame weapons, imps & full sets of "right click to level" upgradable combined AI armor.

At the very least make an AIxp pool with visible notifications of gains & losses, like with regular xp.
    Last edited by Tazalanche; Dec 15th, 2010 at 22:05:10.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

My 214 MP is in full AI armor, Dreadloch Tigress, Defensive Utils/Huds, decent symbs just under Beta level, and 100% up to date nanos for pvm.

Kyr'Ozch Ensign hit you for 2328 points of melee damage.
    Kyr'Ozch Ensign hit you for 1396 points of melee damage.
    Kyr'Ozch Ensign hit you for 1973 points of melee damage.

Not only did it kill my Zhok, but after 10 seconds of those faster than 1/1 hits (dual wielding?) like that with few misses I had to run out of the instance barely surviving.

Can we please nominate the 220 endgame toons or lovechild profs that complained about alien dailies being too easy to be worth their time as AO forums biggest idiots? In fact, I am tempted to make the list myself if I didn't feel like getting infraction points.

Anyone mind posting some damage from the nukers? It was around 2000-4000 damage but now I'm sure its around the 10000 mark just to add some challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    He needs a full stack of 50. Sorry for any confusion this might have caused - Probably should have made it a bit clearer in the dialog. Our apologies. =)
    In earlier years I would get a stack of QL 1 kits, split one off and that worked just fine. Then I'd pass it around with each char splitting one off. Why change it?

- Stabilized framerate for people who move the mouse "really fast".

thank you

ai daly was much harder , doable but had to pay attention, heal, coon and try not to get more than 1 mob at a time,, ql234 mobs , only did on advy so far
    Proud Advisor of Spartans

Taskersolder Level 220 Soldier
    Taskdoc Level 220 Doc
    Jarew Level 220 NT
    Tasker1 Level 220 Fixer
    Taskcrat Level 220 Crat
    Tasky Level 220 Trader
    Taskmann Level 220 Adv
    Healer01 Level 220 Doc-semi-retired TT dispenser

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwifruits View Post
    I just tried an alien daily on my 220, and for the first time since dailies came out, had to run her out of the mission.

"More challenge" means making lvl 230-ish aliens that hit harder than the 275 ones in Arid?

More challenge DOES NOT equate to more fun.
    Originally Posted by Tazalanche
    I might voice my opinion occasionally, but overall I have appreciated most of the changes over the past few years.

However:
    Are you guys TRYING to kill the game by making more "solo only" content impossible for non-twinked toons to solo?

A non-twinked, but decently equipped, leveling toon (full T2 armor with ql220+ symbs & weapons, which is actually better equipped than a lot of 215-219 toons leveling in inf missions) was already getting raped regularly in the AI daily missions. Now the same toon is lucky to make it past the first mob. It now loses more AIxp than it gains IF it were actually able to complete the AI daily mission. This same toon can last for quite a while longer soloing the quests in Arid Rift.

The only way that this "more challenging" change could possibly make sense to the average player is if the SantaLeets are handing out endgame weapons, imps & full sets of "right click to level" upgradable combined AI armor.

At the very least make an AIxp pool with visible notifications of gains & losses, like with regular xp.
    QFT!

This is ridiculous. Why is it that 5% moan and cry, then everyone is punished? I don't understand the rationale of this. If there are people out there who believe they're so uber and they need more of a challenge, give them a freakin' difficulty bar to hone their e-peens on! Let them slide it up to "I like it without lube!" and leave the rest of it alone!

I already had prof's that couldn't do the solo mishes. It was incredibly difficult to impossible for them to do so with the skill sets they have, plus not having the ability/where with all to twink them out to the max. So, thanks for penalizing the average player. Good to know that FC takes us into consideration.

Merry Ho-Ho! Argh!
    'The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard.' - Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by tasker_healer View Post
    ai daly was much harder , doable but had to pay attention, heal, coon and try not to get more than 1 mob at a time,, ql234 mobs , only did on advy so far

had to run with fixer at first mob, was geting raped with heals going, full deff and acrobat

Taskdoc Level 220 Doc
    Jarew Level 220 NT
    Tasker1 Level 220 Fixer
    Taskcrat Level 220 Crat
    Tasky Level 220 Trader
    Taskmann Level 220 Adv

Quote Originally Posted by Hunni View Post
    QFT!

This is ridiculous. Why is it that 5% moan and cry, then everyone is punished? I don't understand the rationale of this. If there are people out there who believe they're so uber and they need more of a challenge, give them a freakin' difficulty bar to hone their e-peens on! Let them slide it up to "I like it without lube!" and leave the rest of it alone!

I already had prof's that couldn't do the solo mishes. It was incredibly difficult to impossible for them to do so with the skill sets they have, plus not having the ability/where with all to twink them out to the max. So, thanks for penalizing the average player. Good to know that FC takes us into consideration.

Merry Ho-Ho! Argh!
    Agreed....sevaral of my toons that could (barely) solo their Ai daily no longer can, it seems.

I thought dailies were supposed to be something an average sort of levelling toon could do? My 220 soldier had a hard time with one, with some pretty damn expensive gear on, so I don't think a poorer and gimper toon would have any chance.

I was being hit between 1.5k and 2k every hit, NO misses, and they were hitting it seemed much much faster than they used to.

Also, it says "between level 195 and 220" - I just tried Place the Bomb on my 170 enfo (NEVER had an issue with ANY ai daily on her). She got 2 mobs at once, and made it out the door with 1 bubble of HP left - only coon saved me.
    Anyone else had issues at lower levels?

I'm extremely disappointed in this. Those who want "challenge" can go join an s42 raid or something to get just that, but making these dailies this difficult merely keeps ordinary players from being able to enjoy this content.

They were good, if still somewhat too hard for some profs (try being an NT whocan't afford NUllity Sphere...) before, but now it looks like the only viable ones are the team ones.

Wifes 150 Doc can no longer UBT aliens..so its not just tl6-7. Seriously, dunno what people are thinking with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venachar View Post
    Yes. I'm a total idiot. Please don't quote that last sentence out of context
    Well Duh lol.

I have chronic dyslexia of the keyboard..

Zen.

Just finished Salvage Mission on my gimpy 216 trader (1,7k evades, 240 and lower symbs). Mobs were around my level, when they hit me they hit for 600 - 1500 dmg but most of the time they missed me. One technician nuked me for 4k dmg once, average nuke hit was around 2k, still had no problem outhealing it with IHH.

Maybe they forgot to update Salvage Mission, but I find this mission still very easy after patch.

it all depends on the ql of the mobs, the 230s and 234s i had were alot harder but if you get lower end mobs its same easy

Taskdoc Level 220 Doc
    Jarew Level 220 NT
    Tasker1 Level 220 Fixer
    Taskcrat Level 220 Crat
    Tasky Level 220 Trader
    Taskmann Level 220 Adv

Quote Originally Posted by ZenWon View Post
    Wifes 150 Doc can no longer UBT aliens..so its not just tl6-7. Seriously, dunno what people are thinking with this.
    Same here, except my doc is 163. I could easily ubt the scouts after 1-2 tries, now it is taking me about 5-6.

In the many ai dailies I have done with my doc (163) I have never seen an Ensign, but I did one today and I encountered several and they have made the mission more difficult.

I have done many daily missions (not just AI) on toons ranging from tl5 to tl7. My opinion of them is that they are made to be quick and simple and the chance of you dieing very minimal. Judging by the complaints of the changes to the AI dailies they have become so difficult they will make it impossible for certain toons to complete or longer to complete for others.

FC is it's own worst enemy.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast