Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Scale AXP daily "challenge" with AI level

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    So you're saying that there should be no point to gearing up your toon past a certain level for PvM. Gotcha.
    No, I'm saying that there should be content available for all tiers of skill and gear. If people have money/time/knowledge to twink really well then they can pick harder difficulty settings, those that don't; can go easier settings. And that it's because of so many top rung twinks in game that Funcom thinks it's the norm and forgoes common sense by saying "Lets add options" and opts instead for "Lets make everything harder (because with everyone a twink nobody would pick easy settings)".
    Shhh... I'm in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    People that continuously insult the player base TRYING to level, while asking why the population is so low, need to get a clue.

Ive tried those missions on my lvl 78 leveling NT. Ensigns hit me for 260 hp through rrfe. Thats 1/5 of my hp. There is no way to calm them or root. They never miss. I dont even try to cast absorbs because during refresh they hit me 3 times so overall it gives nothing. Hit rate seems to be extreme, like 1 / 2 s. With behe, hnq and rrfe i couldnt make it through first mob. Thats crazy
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Siyra View Post
    No, I'm saying that there should be content available for all tiers of skill and gear. If people have money/time/knowledge to twink really well then they can pick harder difficulty settings, those that don't; can go easier settings. And that it's because of so many top rung twinks in game that Funcom thinks it's the norm and forgoes common sense by saying "Lets add options" and opts instead for "Lets make everything harder (because with everyone a twink nobody would pick easy settings)".
    Then bitch at FC to provide an easy setting with 25% of the current reward. Something not difficult providing what, 300k+ AXP is insane.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Just pulled "Spaced out" mission on 220 NT and had this

(15:33) Kyr'Ozch Hive Technician forces your NCU to run Viral Heating...
    (15:33) Kyr'Ozch Hive Technician forces your NCU to run Viral Fury...
    (15:33) You countered Kyr'Ozch Hive Technician's attempt to run Viral Heating within your NCU.
    (15:33) You countered Kyr'Ozch Hive Technician's attempt to run Viral Fury within your NCU.

From 2 mobs, i have 2.8k NR, they both chain nuked and hit almost every time :\ This crap needs changing.
    Vitaliy - 220/30 NM NT
    Vitiate - 220/30 Soli Crat
    Paralympics - 220/30 NM Agent
    Vitx - 150/20 Opi Tarder

Paradise & Parasite

The daily missions should be in catagory, A regular daily mission should not be intended to get a player flagged and force them to either die or pvp to play. divide them if you wish to chose a pvp mission or a pvm mission. Regular daily missions should not require a team to complete unless you chose that option again set up all the missions so they can chose solo or team, pvp or pvm.

Well, after all new ai dailys match AO style. Its nothing new that most of the content is impossible to do for non -optimal geared toons. I fail horribly to do SoM on my lvl 80 NT while most of the stuff from there is designed for lvl 20+ people. You fail with ai daily? Bring your 220 main! Thats so easy ...
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    . You fail with ai daily? Bring your 220 main!
    Yeah working as intended ^^, the vet accounts are there for a reason!

I for one like the increased difficulty. About that tho, the only difference seems to be a bit added hp and the Kyr'Ozch Ensign (he might be a pushover for some ppl though...). Haven't done much of the dailies on toons below 150, I have had no problems at all with any prof completing mission above it, gimp or not.
    .:: Proud Member of Obsidian Order RK1 ::.

3 more ai deaths today. I give up never doing them again. The gap between a lvl200 puller and 201 is the size of the grand canyon when it comes to the mobs. Just make it kill the beast daily and make it give axp the difficulty is the same.

I just want to put my foot in the door and say that I never had problems with AI dailies on my doc, fixer, trader or agent. Now I'm doing them on my crat, and it's also very easy with jLMN.

Sometimes it's a close call, but I've only deleted a mission once on all my toons in all the time I've been doing them. Get OSB's if you're troubled by these missions!

Oh, and my agent doesn't have armor what so ever, and my crat's symbs are from last decade.
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

AO has probably the widest differential of any MMO between a weak char and a 'twink'. Once-size-fits-all missions just don't work well here. The classic missions have always had, of course, the sliding difficulty bar to remedy this skill gap.

I think the best approach for the solo AI missions should be to have possible 3 difficulty levels.

'Average' difficulty should be just a tad below what it is now, and perhaps 5%-10% less AXP (current reward scale seems a bit excessive to me, personally)

'Hard' setting should be tougher than current and give slightly more AXP, with the emphasis on providing a challenge for those who want to test out their 'uber' setup.

'Easy' mission should be where the missions were before, or a bit easier and give about 30% of the AXP you get from the 'Average' difficulty mish.

This way, there are alien missions catering to everyone from the implant-less noobs to the perfected twinks, with consequences represented by the amount of AXP gained.
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

What he said.^^^^^^
    Point Blank

This has got to be the worst thread ever.

The changes FC made were according to some AI30s who are laughing their asses off cause they don't give a damn anymore.

So much for the playing players.

Learn who is playing before ****ing listening to feedback!

Dagget's suggestion sounds very reasonable.

It is a fact that some hard core players have all the best items in game and can easily face the greatest challenge.

However, i think the game content should also be accessible to more casual players.

Therefore, scaling difficulty and AXP reward would allow everyone to enjoy what AO has to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    This has got to be the worst thread ever.

The changes FC made were according to some AI30s who are laughing their asses off cause they don't give a damn anymore.

So much for the playing players.

Learn who is playing before ****ing listening to feedback!
    this ^^

and, my own two fc points:

some professions have a toolset as archaic as the game itself, and others, well... its a cakewalk even now. my 220 soldier walks through alien dailies like they're a lvl 100 dungeon, and my 217 crat can also walk through them likes its a joke, what with snares, calms, pets, debuffs etc.. whilst my 220 trader walks through the first door and does a death cry in seconds if im not careful. I love a good challenge, and its fun to be pushed to better your toon, but theres a difference between hard and rediculous.

im certain dailies were introduced into this game to ease the grind for both casual players and full time players alike, not make it more frustating. I sometimes wonder if devs are trying to sabatage their own game for lols... (thats not meant to be a joke, just my own observation )
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Why do they merge all the feedback posts about Alien dailies in 18.4.latest into this post.

This topic is just a suggestion that should be in Game Suggestions.. tbh it's a suggestion that just reflects the ideas of one person, but in no way it addresses what you guys are putting in game every other week!
    They take feedback only from the elitist forum troll only. This is the first issue in ages where I have the pleasure of seeing these idiots get trashed for screwing this game up as they always do and get away with it only to have the real in game players face the consequences of their petty jealousy and elitism. Just because some players are too busy actually playing than wanting to be involved in forum/game politics they have free reign over the forums to convince fc into anything they want we get the shaft. I bet if they tried telling fc the sky is purple after a while the devs, forum mods, even means would agree with them without question. don't agree the sky is purple you get told off by them or your posts get deleted or go missing or you get a warning for flaming them....

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    AO has probably the widest differential of any MMO between a weak char and a 'twink'. Once-size-fits-all missions just don't work well here. The classic missions have always had, of course, the sliding difficulty bar to remedy this skill gap.

I think the best approach for the solo AI missions should be to have possible 3 difficulty levels.

'Average' difficulty should be just a tad below what it is now, and perhaps 5%-10% less AXP (current reward scale seems a bit excessive to me, personally)

'Hard' setting should be tougher than current and give slightly more AXP, with the emphasis on providing a challenge for those who want to test out their 'uber' setup.

'Easy' mission should be where the missions were before, or a bit easier and give about 30% of the AXP you get from the 'Average' difficulty mish.

This way, there are alien missions catering to everyone from the implant-less noobs to the perfected twinks, with consequences represented by the amount of AXP gained.
    Nice idea, so long as FC leave their "hard = GIANT HEALTH BAR" ideals in the trash where they belong.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

For XP/SK dailies we have regular and elite ones. Some regular ones can be so easy there's no to virtually no chance of death at all. In the case of BS dailies death and difficulty of the task is irrelevant, so long as you're in there when one of the sides hits 425 that's it. Elite ones are more involved and/or difficult, unless a higher level does the killing for you. Then for those multi-part ones which got moved to the elite list they will give a larger total reward than regular dailies.

So if they really want to have difficult AXP dailies why not make an elite AXP dailies list too? Reduce the reward on the regular ones and set them back to what they were, have the elite ones give a higher reward than regular but not as much as AXP dailies give now then team ones maybe in the middle or the same as regular ones. The elite ones could also be on a different lockout.

-----------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Chrazy View Post
    I for one like the increased difficulty. About that tho, the only difference seems to be a bit added hp and the Kyr'Ozch Ensign
    The Ensign is a new mob in AXP dailies starting in 18.4.2.

This whole thread is a joke and should be deleted or renamed "how to screw the game up even more and make even more people quit". This is like going to a doctor and he says we need to remove a kidney just because the old one is too good lets remove it so living is more of a challenge....

Enough of this crap every time fc tries something to bring in new players and improve the game it either gets trashed to oblivion or nerfed to death by the nuts on this forum.. nothing was broken to begin with yet the trolls managed to get fixes to things that don't need fixed and now the game is even worse than before, BRAVO. On top of that right before X-mas so players get to enjoy chain deaths from aliens while fc staff is on vacation until new years. Merry x-mas.

FC seems to have this habit of having good ideas and then dropping the ball. Collector is another good example. Oh hey, people are doing a semi-interesting/challenging fight and getting items from old raids? Screw that, let's make them go sleepwalk through Pande some more.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast