Thread: Kyr'Ozch Guardian and Kyr'Ozch Nurse + NSD vulnerability

Kyr'Ozch Guardian and Kyr'Ozch Nurse + NSD vulnerability

Hello,

Kyr'Ozch Guardian and Kyr'Ozch Nurse adds as spawned by the Kyr'Ozch Maid in sector 7 are unaffected by Nano Shutdown.

Though the NSD lands, it does not stop them from nuking or healing, respectively.

It'd make sense to have NSD influence that; after all these NPCs are already calmable/rootable/snareable, so why can't a MP use his toolset too and become a very good asset (replacement for random CC prof) to a sector 7 team?

Is this intended? Could we change it, please? That might make MPs more wanted in the zone.

Sincerely,

Lup.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

"That might make MPs more wanted in the zone."

Lol you're an MP.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnykay View Post
    "That might make MPs more wanted in the zone."

Lol you're an MP.
    Let's just say I don't have much issues performing well in Sector 7 - I do a truckload of damage and am capable of tanking a boss with one healer, because of my near perfect evades setup. I can also instantly refill half the tank's nanopool twice every 40s.

The problem is that peoples don't see a real use in having a MP along. Other profs can do damage as well, or tank better, or have some form of debuffs/CC to deal with adds. It's the good ol' "minimize the team and maximize the loot per person" problem that AO suffers from at most raids nowadays.
    Last edited by Lupusceleri; Feb 22nd, 2011 at 02:38:25.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Agreed, NSD should effect any caster-type mobs. However, by the same token, traders drains should also actually do something to casting on mobs - both nanite drains on a level 50 mish mob should stop it from using any form of nanos - but they still cast snares/-inits on my trader.

Interesting side note - the MA nemesis nano (vs MPs, -800 castings iirc) works on IS 2nd floor side bosses and effectively NSDs them...

Still, back on topic, /agree 100%.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

Quote Originally Posted by jorricane View Post
    Agreed, NSD should effect any caster-type mobs. However, by the same token, traders drains should also actually do something to casting on mobs - both nanite drains on a level 50 mish mob should stop it from using any form of nanos - but they still cast snares/-inits on my trader.

Interesting side note - the MA nemesis nano (vs MPs, -800 castings iirc) works on IS 2nd floor side bosses and effectively NSDs them...

Still, back on topic, /agree 100%.
    The trader drains did work on daily mission Technicians. Or at least they used to.
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    It's the good ol' "minimize the team and maximize the loot per person" problem that AO suffers from at most raids nowadays.
    Mission bosses drop more loot the more people that are in the team. Maybe FC needs to do the same with raid bosses. If a boss dropped twice as much loot with a full team than with only 3 in the team there'd be more chance of it dropping what people were after so they might actually want to fill teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgina View Post
    Mission bosses drop more loot the more people that are in the team. Maybe FC needs to do the same with raid bosses. If a boss dropped twice as much loot with a full team than with only 3 in the team there'd be more chance of it dropping what people were after so they might actually want to fill teams.
    THIS!

Great idea, loot table scaling with team size. Even tho im one of those that do beast with 4-5 man i think its wrong...but its just how almost everyone do it today and its impossible to get anything for me in any other way since i got very limited time i can play.

This idea might finally make team play desirable again. Do that for all bosses ( alb/DB/xan/beast etc ) and AO might become nice place to hang out once again.
    Last edited by MyGift; Feb 22nd, 2011 at 09:32:41.
    Xarr 220/30/70 Atrox Keeper
    Xarrdas 220/30/70 Solitus Engineer
    Wrathwithin 220/26/70 Atrox Agent
    Drimarcus 220/22/60 Opifex Shade
    Mycurse 214/18/42 Solitus Soldier
    Backend 150/20/40 Opifex MA
    Leethium 200/20/60 Opifex Bureaucrat

All New content FC did after AI expansion launch (but dailies and some random nonhard stuff) is NSD unnaffected. Guess why MPs are so broken and gimp. Our best debuff does nothing in most content. WTF?!
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Brofist View Post
    The trader drains did work on daily mission Technicians. Or at least they used to.
    Maybe its just weird scaling then, alls I know is on standard RK mish mobs trader drains seem to do jack-all in stopping mobs casting, no matter what drains vs what mobs. I could just be having random bugs tho - anything goes in AO....
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

according to my experience Technicians are easy drainable and effected by a Trader around lvl 190+

or you know, they could make raids hard enough to justify 12 or 6 people or 24 people and just increase the loot at the same time.

Cause atm the less people, more loot thing fits because pvm is that easy.

There are far to many mobs where nsd lands but dosen't do jack, specially in catacombs, they prolly trigger their nanos via some proc-on-hit.

Rather boring actually.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Yep. Most "newer" mobs don't cast any nanos at all. Their nanodamage attacks are mostly procs and thus, unaffected by NSD and drains.
    Marijke88::220|30|70 Opifex Martial Artist
    Phexuz::220|30|70 Opifex Fixer
    Doppelripp::220|30|70 Opifex Bureaucrat
    Arbitrage::220|30|70 Opifex Trader
    Truxal::220|30|70 Opifex Doctor
    Brennstab::220|30|70 Opifex Nano-Technician
    Wurstmacher::200|30|70 Opifex Shade

Proud Advisor of Insomnia Gravis
    Account created: 2005-01-13

Welcome to anarchy as a MP.

You'll feel even more alone @ tl7!!!!!!!

MP's IS A TOPNOTCH profession, go FC!

Hey! atleast we do better dd than docs and enfs (sometimes) !

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore View Post
    Hey! atleast we do better dd than docs and enfs (sometimes) !
    I odd most soljas. Period
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    Kyr'Ozch Guardian and Kyr'Ozch Nurse adds as spawned by the Kyr'Ozch Maid in sector 7 are unaffected by Nano Shutdown.

Though the NSD lands, it does not stop them from nuking or healing, respectively.
    Unlike some NPC nanos those nanos have no skill level checks so no matter how low you drain them they will always be able to use them. On the other hand the S7 nuke and DoT were given a def check a ways back so draining their skill with NSD, trader drains or such should make resisting them easier.