Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Anniversary Items

Friday with Means: 10th Anniversary celebration has started off great!

:P
    Wallybertius, 200 Omni Engineer Solitus, male
    de-facto leader of Alt.org.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Long story short: Thingie with the stuff. *nods sagely*

Nothing to worry about ...

This event is exactly as it was meant to be ...

They want to see people gathering together, like once upon a time at Beast raids, or mercs raids.
    This is a test ... Are people of RK 1/2 able to go together to a great event ? Yes they are, ofc they are, but not an unique (limited by time) event, but a cyclic one.

Can our servers support this massive amount of people ? Yes they can, ofc they can ...

Can we take some publicity screen-shots of about 2-300 toons gathered together, we can ofc we can ...

Is it ok to do a WoW-style instance(s) with raids like 40-80 people ? It is, ofc it is ...

Are people "hungry" of something new ? YES ! People are hungry for something new !!

Can we solve those questions all at once ? We can, ofc we can

What is next ? ... this is the question that no one is prepared to answer at ... till then , gather your sense / int / psy /agi buffing items and have fun boys and girls ... after all you pay for it

Quote Originally Posted by PigBrother View Post
    ...Can we take some publicity screen-shots of about 2-300 toons gathered together, we can ofc we can ...
    ^^ this was my initial thought when I took part in my first dessert rider raid on rk2 a couple days ago.

I imagined one of the Dev's saying; "Lets create an event that packs as many players into an area as possible, and use a screenshot of that to show investors/"ao is death" forum trolls/potential new players/AOC Dev team(lawl) that AO is still doing quite well and has a bustling community."
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    ^^ this was my initial thought when I took part in my first dessert rider raid on rk2 a couple days ago.

I imagined one of the Dev's saying; "Lets create an event that packs as many players into an area as possible, and use a screenshot of that to show investors/potential new players/AOC Dev team(lawl) that AO is still doing quite well and has a bustling community."
    Yep, I had the exact same thought when I went to the Rider last night.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

anyone seen the heckler pet nano anywhere?

renew ur subscription for 6 or 12 month and u will get celebrating heck pet nano
    Sonifix (220/26 Fixer) / Bingo (192/15 Bureaucrat) / Donot (171/16 Nano-Technician) Glaciator (126/15 Agent)
    Goldenglory (170/24 Enforcer) / Impossible (76/8 Trader) / Konspirator (191/9 Adventurer) / Lakmus (200/10 Meta-Physicist)
    Naturlich (150/20 Martial Artist) / Rage (110/11 Enforcer) / Slon (150/20 Soldier) / Sonido (220/30 Soldier)
    Sonikeep (220/30 Keeper) / Vidalsosun (150/15 Trader) / Wipe (95/10 Enforcer) / Wish (220/28 Doctor)

Quote Originally Posted by Xenotric View Post
    anyone seen the heckler pet nano anywhere?
    One of my accounts was only a couple of months away from being renewed, so I renewed early to get the Heckler pet. After I logged in, the Heckler pet was available from the Items Shop, for 0 points, on all the characters on that account.

I logged in just before the servers went down today ("Downtime for Maintenance - June 24th, 2011"), got the Heckler pet on one of my characters, and cast the nano.

It had to be the funniest thing I've seen in a while. I didn't know if the Heckler was glitched, or if it was supposed to do it, but it kept running away from me. Every time I got close, it would leave. I had to laugh.

Then I saw the notice about the downtime and logged off. After the downtime was over and I logged back in again, the Heckler behaved much better, just like any other pet.

Lightbulb A few Strategies for Lowbies IMHO

Its easy for Lowbies to get some of the phatz.

Go to NLD and find out when the Desert Rider is going to spawn.

Once spawned and the crazyness is gone, which is awesome to watch, imho, wait a bit and click on one of the urns to get your jet back. It allows you to fly like an MP or a yalm if you prefer that description. It costs nothing!! WOOT! {EDIT You need 81 VA for it tho. Now you can get it free in the item store for O points, but, if you do that you will miss out on the Spawn fun.}

Then fly around NLD and hunt for Nomads. Alot of the 220's and those with GSF run around so fast that they miss alot of spawns and because you are lower you will find some. Also, they are leaving alot of loot behind because they have it already or are just hunting for the stuff to feed to the tinker. Just a suggestion so whatever your doing, HAVE FUN!!

PS- dont get upset over 220's, MOST of them have paid there dues long ago and deserve their high level content. (exceptions are the ebayers)
    Last edited by Nobeznohoney; Jun 25th, 2011 at 03:32:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobeznohoney View Post
    Once spawned and the crazyness is gone, which is awesome to watch, imho, wait a bit and click on one of the urns to get your jet back. It allows you to fly like an MP or a yalm if you prefer that description. It requires NO IP INVESTMENT and costs nothing!! WOOT!
    Incorrect.

Jetpack has a requirement of Vehicle Air from 81 just like a QL30 Yalm or a Phasefront Bike.

And due to the issues will trolls standing on the urns, FC has made the Jetpack free from the org shop.
    The Independent Rubikans - The oldest Neutral Org on RK1! 10.5 years and counting!

Namiru - 210/30/58 Neutral Solitus Martial Artist, Advisor - Always accepting new students in the Art
    Thalona - 199/25/40 Neutral Solitus Meta-Physicist, Veteran - Pondering higher thought
    Weefleboy - 150/20/40 Neutral Opifex Fixer, Member - Wheeling and Dealing somewhere on RK.
    Johnnysokko - 60/6/14 Neutral Solitus Engineer, Member - Still trying to twink that Slayer on.
    Keepdafaith - 60/6/14 Neutral Atrox Keeper, Member - IR Temple Services
    Powerbender - 100/6/14 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician, Member
    Deleetful - 65/7/14 Neutral Solitus Adventurer, Applicant
    Lumbergh - 60/5/10 Neutral Nanomage Bureaucrat, Applicant - "M'yeah, I'm going to have to ask that you go ahead and come into work on Saturday...that would be great..."

The jetpack was silly (handy maybe tho!). It was just QW rehashed...

At least make it operate diferently and move around similar to the GA-jetpack in the geometry.

No new gaming-experience here

Quote Originally Posted by Anamelle View Post
    I Why instead of using the material you already have, that fits in the general theme of Anarchy Online wolrd, you choose to invent poor and silly excuses that have nothing to do with the lore?
    It's not their art, I think they have to make up their own stuff. Should be within the game-context tho.
    Last edited by Lletah; Jun 24th, 2011 at 23:15:10.

I was on my 200 shade yesterday farming nomads in PW and was really disgusted by the behavior of some of the 220's I encountered. Not once.. not twice.. not three times.. but like half a dozen times I had a 220 come up to a mob I was fighting and OD me.

Seriously, I had to log my 220 on my other account just to prevent this from continuing to happen. Now I'm not so carebear that I get upset when someone tries to OD me on a mob in inferno or something like that.. but WOW.. a quickly respawning mob that drops anniversary items.. how can people in this game be that much of a D-bag? I would NEVER OD some level 200 on a mob because 1. I would be happy that they were out there trying on their own to do some game content. 2. The freaking mobs respawn everywhere.. not like it is rare. and 3. Especially for those idiots that were Clan and doing it... we're on the SAME SIDE.. WTH?.

If nothing else, for me, the biggest disappointment brought about by the anniversary wasn't the raid but to see how messed up our playerbase has truly become. I know it is Anarchy Online but there used to be some level of 'class' in the game.. and that appears to be in low supply.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

The leetpet was really cool btw

I jump on the wagon tho; unfun event and unrewarding for most the ao-comunity.

(01:23) Happy 10th Anniversary AO! Be sure to get your Ganimedes Personal Jetpack FREE from the Item Store!

I see.
    Which item store are you referring to? And where is it?

Okay, Mr. Wheelie is awesome. I forgive you, AO.
    Last edited by Dreamcypher; Jun 25th, 2011 at 00:38:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcypher View Post
    (01:23) Happy 10th Anniversary AO! Be sure to get your Ganimedes Personal Jetpack FREE from the Item Store!

I see.
    Which item store are you referring to? And where is it?
    It's the one where you use paid points or Funcom Points to buy stuff. "/open itemstore" works I think or you can set a key binding to it as well. Incidentally though that thing seems to have crashed a couple hours or so ago and isn't up yet.

FC,

I was critical of the BDay content. So when you go and do something good I will respond and point it out. Putting the Jet Pack in the Item Store for free was a good call. Takes care of a big part of the griefing that was going on at the spawn.

So seeing this change I grabbed my jet pack and needed only the engineer statue to complete my set. So in two kills I got it. While I don't have all the items from the bday I do have most of the ones I wanted and am glad I can just avoid the mess that is the spawn.

While this fix was a nice one it should never have been needed. I hope you (FC) look at these events and take away some good lessons.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    biching and moaning
    they were probably just people with a sense of humor, but it makes sense that you would overreact and take action against them
    they could have even been past persons you banned from neutnet ;o
    Shuzzy bureacrat

Event has improved a lot since the jetpack is available from the store. Very good move! The 2 minute timer on the torch was just unfair against people that would die or get warped.

With a bit of luck you can even get the new sunglasses from the fanatics. I can live with that most of us can't get the yalm, can't always have it all. Guess it has to be like that to make some things special.
    Nijushio - 220/30 - semi-retired MA
    Nijutech - 220/29 - funny Engi
    Sabrezor - 170/24 - bored Advy
    Sabrezap - 150/20 - confused fixi

a little off topic but...

anyone have a clue wtf Desert Lurker is about? targeted it in PW briefly then is disappeared.

maybe a spawn tool for Nomads? anyone have a clue?
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    a little off topic but...

anyone have a clue wtf Desert Lurker is about? targeted it in PW briefly then is disappeared.

maybe a spawn tool for Nomads? anyone have a clue?
    I saw one in NLD near the whompas. It was targetable and on the map, but invisible and unattackable.

I wondered if it was an earthquake leet like in DB1.
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Shuzzy View Post
    they were probably just people with a sense of humor, but it makes sense that you would overreact and take action against them
    they could have even been past persons you banned from neutnet ;o
    I took no action except to log a 220 and point out here what a-hats we have in game these days (and ofc your post supports that).

Slightly upset about a ban are we? This has nothing to do with my post.. you can take your personal issues (exactly what they are) with neutnet rules to the neutnet forums or you can discuss with GM's why you are posting false accusations about players via a mass messaging bot in-game.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast