Thread: shop points

shop points

heya... I have to paid accounts..
    A veteran account and a sub account..

Now.. I got myself 1000 points when shop was introduced... I spend 960 points on 1 char on one of the accounts.. but... when I went to a toon on the other account... I also only had 40 points there...? I feel a little bit cheated here...

Since I got 2 paid accounts.. shouldnt I get 1000 points on each account?

Quote Originally Posted by bungystoons View Post
    heya... I have to paid accounts..
    A veteran account and a sub account..

Now.. I got myself 1000 points when shop was introduced... I spend 960 points on 1 char on one of the accounts.. but... when I went to a toon on the other account... I also only had 40 points there...? I feel a little bit cheated here...

Since I got 2 paid accounts.. shouldnt I get 1000 points on each account?
    Nope, still you should get new points from both subcriptions.

It is bit screwing, but that how it works, and stops infinite farming of stuff. I still think some items like bank should be available to all toons as nodrop...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

This sounds like a "feature" of the veteran account. As I understand it, you have to have at least one paid account first, and then you can make a "veteran" account and transfer a toon from the paid to the veteran account. I know the main "feature" of the veteran account is that it lets you roll and log more toons, but they still get access to the old pool of paid points and veteran points from the original paid account. Apparently the veteran account shares a common pool of FC points with the original paid account as well. I don't have one myself, so I'm not clear on whether the veteran account requires a separate subscription payment. (Does it? I thought it was free, or no-added-cost.)

This makes some sense, since if it worked the way you assumed, it would be a way for people to "double their fun" with FC points, and that would clearly counter the entire strategy (for FC) of having them. If you want two separate pools, then you will need to have two separate fully paid accounts (but then, ofc, you will have to buy points separately on each account; you still couldn't pay on one account and get FC points to show up on both). If you're paying full subscription price for the veteran account though, then they should be separate pools, and this seems like a lot less sensible "feature."
    Last edited by blingoutyourdead; Nov 26th, 2010 at 19:04:01.

Veteran cost as much as your regular account

Quote Originally Posted by larzba77 View Post
    Veteran cost as much as your regular account
    So, I guess this still makes sense though. It's just a feature that you can share FC points between the veteran and original account, where normally you could not do that with two separate paid accounts. It still makes sense that you can't double spend FC points. The only difference with two fully paid accounts would be that you could only use the points at all on one of them, and you wouldn't be able to pick and choose which account to spend on.

well.. I still only got 1000 points.. if I was to share? shouldnt I have gotten 2000 points?

well.. I still only got 1000 points.. if I was to share? shouldnt I have gotten 2000 points?
    No. You paid for 1,000 points. You have 1,000 points to spend. You can spend that 1,000 points on either veteran or original account, but you still only paid for 1,000 points.

But does the veteran account tick up points at the rate of two subs or one would be the question.
    Or is the PP/month tick now dead so you have to buy all new points?
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

As far as Ive read, on merged game accounts, you get "funcom points" for each subscription.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogtrauma View Post
    But does the veteran account tick up points at the rate of two subs or one would be the question.
    Or is the PP/month tick now dead so you have to buy all new points?
    Just extended one account and got pp for it. so that system is still there
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

Paid Points or as they are called now Funcom Points are in a shared pool for all your merged accounts. If an account is not merged then it has its own account specific pool but once merged with other accounts they all share from a merged account pool. When an account subscription time is paid for one of the merged accounts you get a certain number of points based on the length of time you paid for added to the shared pool. You can also buy points which get fed into that shared pool.

Points from that shared pool can be transferred to all the chars of one account for purchase of things found in shops located in game with terminals like those outside Newland City. The items shop although is not an actual in game shop and you don't transfer points to the chars of an account but use points from that shared pool for one specific purchase for one specific char in one specific account. Once those points from the shared pool are used for that one purchase, they're gone.

This all should have been various obvious as if you open the items shop you'll see it mentions how many points you have to make use of. This would be the same value for each char on all the shared accounts. Although if you select your char and hit "T" it will also show a value of points which for 99% of people is sure to be different to very different from that value shown in the items shop.

While once again FC could have explained things better so it was all clear at the same time it isn't difficult at all to figure this all out on your own with some very basic observations.