Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Iraid - Multifaction raiding

Smile Iraid - Multifaction raiding

We are awaiting the appearance of Iraid online any day now! Dochere has been working extensively with bot devs to prepare the modules and features that will accompany us as we fight. The new botcode - Bot# - is complete and final fixes are in process.

The server merge was an unexpected complication, but a very welcome one. We had a hiccup with the bot name due to the server merge. Thanks to Funcom, we have the name back and look forward to serving our raiding community once again. Raiders from RK1 and RK2 are welcome to join us as we get back up and running in the very near future.

All current points will be restored on a manual basis. Please contact me directly via email: Joulette.Iraid@gmail.com for assistance with points issues. Be sure to include the name of main character and all active alts listed on the account. This allows us to track our progress and ensure your points have been properly recorded for you. You will receive a reply email once your points are available.

For our new players from RK2, Iraid started in August of 2009 and has continued to provide end game raids to many players. We have experienced downtime in the past and have always come back to serve our community of raiders. This time is no different. During the downtime we are preparing improvements to what we offer.

We appreciate your patience as we undergo the changes. Watch this thread for more details as they become available.

Thanks for raiding with Iraid!

Joulette & Dochere and the rest of Iraid Staff

Can i be reinstated as an RL ^^ was one 2 years ago

Old RLs please contact me

Hey Hiredarms! Good to see you around again. Yes, let's talk!

To everyone else,

If you have been an RL for Iraid in the past, please contact me directly at joulette.iraid@gmail.com or ingame. We love our old Raid Leaders!

Joulette
    Joulette 220 Doctor
    Jouwanna 220 Enforcer

President of Fusion
    www.ao-fusion.com

Iraid back online!

Woot! Next step is testing - if you're brave, please join us!

Everyone will need to register main and alts via /tell iraid !register
    While you're on your main, create your points account via /tell iraid !create bank account
    Also connect your alts to your bank account. These actions are permanent.

Then be sure to make a separate chat window for iraid and /tell iraid !join

It's a party!

Joulette
    Last edited by Joulette; Mar 4th, 2013 at 04:17:31. Reason: Corrections and additional info
    Joulette 220 Doctor
    Jouwanna 220 Enforcer

President of Fusion
    www.ao-fusion.com

Not that this really affects me at all, but you'd likely get more RK2ers to sign up if you didn't just give everyone back their old points. I'd suggest reinstating points, but at halved values instead of full, so it's easier for members from RK2 to catch up and start getting items. In the end the result would be the same, they'd still have to raid a bit to get enough points to win items, but having to gain 60 points to catch up is less intimidating than having to gain 120 points.

Points are not that hard to come by once Iraid is up and running. A week of raids (one raid a day) will give you more than 60 points. Also, those who already have points, already have items they won't be bidding on. So that makes it a non-issue from our viewpoint.
    Joulette 220 Doctor
    Jouwanna 220 Enforcer

President of Fusion
    www.ao-fusion.com

60 was just an example. But it's your call.

Ok new bot is running!

Actually, if looking in the history for priced items example BoC its been going for 300-400 pts recently. And if you do 2-3 raids you can actually get 50-60 points in a single night.

Reward vs. Effort in this matter i think this is a very, very good deal!

Not going to say that the BoC will go this cheap for a while since there will be many new faces (hopefully)!

But onto whats important right now, new bot is new (duh) and have a few adjustment tweaks yet to come! So be aware that over a period now we have to fine-tune and get things rolling. Bot might come down for fixes and updates as i see fit. Though that said i will try to do this during quiet times.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Not that this really affects me at all, but you'd likely get more RK2ers to sign up if you didn't just give everyone back their old points. I'd suggest reinstating points, but at halved values instead of full, so it's easier for members from RK2 to catch up and start getting items. In the end the result would be the same, they'd still have to raid a bit to get enough points to win items, but having to gain 60 points to catch up is less intimidating than having to gain 120 points.
    Nah, this would get more RK2ers if it wasn't a points bot at all...
    RK2 has a few of these bots that flat roll, I can't see people stopping doing their flat rolled raids to compete with points farmers and loot sellers.
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    RK2 has a few of these bots that flat roll, I can't see people stopping doing their flat rolled raids to compete with points farmers and loot sellers.
    Why should I move from flatroll to system where people are already ahead of me. Fresh start might be different thing, but to be late commer on new server...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Regardless of what Rk2 likes. this is a welcomed bot to me, came back to AO few weeks ago and there is barely any bots Raiding. just means RK1'rs have another bot to raid on.

its obvious and apparent rk1/rk2 always have very diff preferences
    ICC planet-wide announcement: Puzzytehcrat has been awarded the highest honorary rank for outstanding dedication to the defence of Rubi-Ka. Happy to be the First Clan ***MALE*** Crat to hit AI 30 RK1

Quote Originally Posted by Fugyaz View Post
    Crats, ordy has no room being close to this list. Thelibertine is one of the best Omnis, worth mentioning. Hands down the over all award goes to Puzzytehcrat.

Is iraid the right place for you?

If you don't accept that iraid have a huge member base where they kept their points from before merge.

Well then then iraid is not the right place for you, we have been getting new members almost every day since iraid first started. last count before merge we had more then 9000 members! Also we have hosted more then 6 000 - 7 000 raids in the time we have been active and we host a number from 3-15 raids a day. This very much depends on the cycle that were in, with these amount of numbers there is a clear pattern that when there is a lot raiding going on this happens for a few weeks straight then there is a cooling period of 1-3 weeks where there are less raids being done. Partly because of exhausted leaders, as well as by then most of the current active raiders are starting to get all the items they are looking for.

Cycle are mostly 3-4 weeks of a lot of raids 10-15 pr day, then there is a calm period of 1-3 weeks where there are 3-6 raids per day.

But again as we have this huge amount of members we cannot just delete their points ("effort") just because there is a rush of new players. In the long run this would simply just mean that we would loose a lot more then we would gain. As for selling loot we have never accepted this nor will we ever do.

But i do understand that for some joining a grown environment might sound like a lot of work where you normally would have to work your ass of to get anything. However this has not been the case with iraid, most if not all new members do have enough points after their first night to afford items!
    Last edited by Dochere; Mar 4th, 2013 at 10:21:07.

Isn't having different options a good thing? Or are you the kind of person that thinks that one brand of tooth paste, one brand of siap, cereal etc in the stores is enough?

We have had all sorts of bots on rk1 and I am hoping that diversity will be even greater now on this server. It is probably pointless to try to predict what pol will choose. Time will tell.

Good to see Iraid back.

Was getting just plain weird to see no raids announced an hour before HC 42 or any sort of pvp action.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Great to see you back. You've been missed!
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Why should I move from flatroll to system where people are already ahead of me. Fresh start might be different thing, but to be late commer on new server...
    for the same reason any other person signed up for the bot on any day after the bot started for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dochere View Post
    we had more then 9000 members!
    would you say it's over 9000?
    Last edited by Lazy; Mar 4th, 2013 at 13:29:05.

Congratulations on your re-launch! Hopefully everything goes smooth. *knocks on wood*
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

!register returns an unknown command

Quote Originally Posted by Tradeher View Post
    !register returns an unknown command
    Same here...:

To [iraid]: !register
    [Iraid]: Unknown command

Quote Originally Posted by Dochere View Post
    Bot might come down for fixes and updates as i see fit. Though that said i will try to do this during quiet times.
    probably the reason

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast